SBC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Translator
Our Affiliates
Click the image to enter our affiliate's sites!
SpongeHolly's Spongebobness.com Spin-Off Reviews! - Page 10 Hollyturneraffiliate
Community Spotlight
Community Spotlight for August 2011 is...
Deli!
Spin-Off Reviews! - Page 10 106-51
Posts and Members
We've hit 500 members!
SBC News
What's New? Currently.... SBC has hit over 500 members! This is great news for us, and hopefully we'll be getting to 600 members soon. Also, a brand new contest is going on. The first 5 users to find a golden ticket hidden somewhere on the forum, will get early access to v7! Congratulations to SOF who was the first person to find the ticket. Remember - use your heads! There are only 3 spots left. See the "Lost Temple" announcement on the homepage for more. Speaking of contests, don't forget to participate in our other contest to put a funny, original caption on an image. The winner will receive 1000 doubloons. In the future... SBC will be moving to vBulletin on August 26th, 2011. This will also be the launch of v7. We had a good time on forumotion, but it is time for us to move. Stay tuned for more!
Richest Users
UPDATED 1.) that70sguy92 (Net Worth: 40817) 2.) Clappy (Net Worth: 25979) 3.) Wumbology (Net Worth: 23558) 4.) jjsthekid (Net Worth: 19850) 5.) Jelly (Net Worth: 19621) 6). tvguy347 (Net Worth: 19142) 7.) Steel Sponge (Net Worth: 14322) 8.) Metal Snake (Net Worth: 13624) 9.) SOF (Net Worth: 12247) 10.) teenj12 (Net Worth: 11163)
SpongeBob News
A brand new DVD named "SpongeBob's Runaway Roadtrip" will be released September 20th, 2011!
Latest topics
» Best Song Ever contest
Spin-Off Reviews! - Page 10 Empty8/31/2019, 7:31 pm by Frank Costanza

» Very important reminder!
Spin-Off Reviews! - Page 10 Empty8/19/2019, 10:40 pm by Patty Sponge

» my sbc fantasy
Spin-Off Reviews! - Page 10 Empty8/19/2019, 10:35 pm by Patty Sponge

» hahahahahaha i'm posting in the krabby kronicle
Spin-Off Reviews! - Page 10 Empty8/19/2019, 10:31 pm by Patty Sponge

» FORUMOTION LIVES
Spin-Off Reviews! - Page 10 Empty8/19/2019, 9:15 pm by Frank Costanza

» Sean Kingston's Birthday
Spin-Off Reviews! - Page 10 Empty8/19/2019, 9:08 pm by Frank Costanza

» Hey! I can still post here!
Spin-Off Reviews! - Page 10 Empty7/1/2018, 8:52 pm by HawkbitAlpha

» The Lobby
Spin-Off Reviews! - Page 10 Empty12/26/2017, 10:47 pm by SpongeBob’s #1 Fan

» Post Your iDevice's Home Screen
Spin-Off Reviews! - Page 10 Empty12/26/2017, 8:14 pm by TheOpenWindowManiac

Spin-Off Reviews!

+25
4EverGreen
storytime7
Fa
Metal Snake
Clappy
Doogle.
Bubby00000
The Bob_Ball
teenj12
ExKizuna
terminoob
Elastic Dog
webizoid345
Wumbology
Steel Sponge
Sabre
The Cartoon
♣CF♣
Goosebumpsfan2
tvguy347
tvfan95
jjsthekid
Dragiiin123
that70sguy92
thesuitelife44
29 posters

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Go down

Spin-Off Reviews! - Page 10 Empty Re: Spin-Off Reviews!

Post by tvguy347 6/4/2011, 9:05 pm

Bikini Top Review
This is MY opinion, and nothing more.

Well, 70s, here's an official review and in depth review... Silly Face!

I really liked this spin off when it started off. The dialogue was great, the action was awesome, and it was pretty damn authentic when it came to the actual high school drama. The music selection was phenomenal, and featured non-mainstream music, which you don't usually find in other spin-offs. Maybe what I adored so much about this spin off was how real and fun it was, to read. And then the vampire crap came along... honestly, I hate all the vampire crap. Vampire stuff is now such a cliche, and now that a lot of the show revolves around it, it's made it less fun to read, and not as real. Yeah, it's much more suspenseful and action-packed, but I liked the beginnings of this show SO much more. I wish BT hadn't gone this route. At all.

Format: The format is great, even though I'm not a fan of the current plot. It's extremely detailed and much of the dialogue is real and memorable.

Plot and Character: As I stated before, in my opinion, the concurrent high school drama plot was far superior to the vampire cult. I sort of feel like it's like Twilight, minus the romance, plus the action. I don't like Glinda. At all. I think that her character is dumb, and not developed enough. Bryan was the main character, and I feel that now he's been overshadowed by superior characters, and now he's trying to reclaim his spotlight. Other characters, however, are great and well-developed. Some examples of these are Naomi, Seth, Jackie, Heather, and Anna. I feel these characters are perfect characters, and that they operate much like a normal human would, and they show several shades of emotion. Astenias is just another cliche villain who will end up getting defeated by the (supposed) main character(s) in the end. Am I right? There's nothing that sets him apart, and he's just not original. I know you can be original. Now, that's what I WOULD'VE said before I read the new episode. The new episode was amazing, full of suspense. But.... I HATE. THE. DAMN. VAMPIRES. I'm fine with the suspense and action, but I just have so much damn contempt for the vampires in the story. Every else is so nice, original, and fresh. That was probably the biggest shocker in any spin off I've read, in "Nothing Else Matters." Everything moves so quickly, and it leaves the reader wondering, only given tidbits of info. But I have the vampires. :/

Episodes: Episodes are great. I love Season 1, and Season 2 has been meh IMO.

Grammar: Nothing really needs to be said here.

Overall Verdict: I still have hope, as action and a little bit of drama keep me interested. I'd really like if you went back to BT's roots in Season 3, but I may not be as interested (and may even stop reading) if all of the damn vampires persist. :/ Just my opinion.

tvguy347
tvguy347
Cashiers
Cashiers

Browser : Safari
Doubloons : 42390

Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Sponge 6/4/2011, 10:57 pm

Time to join in Fa's ride.

SHOW: Storm Racers: B+

Kind of reminds me of Power Rangers, could be its base idea, but I still like it. Though, I find USMI better than this...but it's just me and my opinion. Even if there were few things that I didn't like, but this is still another successful spin-off from Jjs.

Format: Pretty much, how the spin-off is arrange and everything, it's pretty good. Enough said, really. A

Plot: The plot overall is excellent, but it could use a little bit more, IMO. Anyways, the way the 5 were chosen and stuff, the Universe Key collection, it's all good. B+

Characters: And of course, I seem to be liking the characters so far, the Vandals(especially Argoron) are really good, and Plankton's robots, the leader seemed to be top notch, and Rark seems to be good, especially for the performance in Episode 7, I say. A+

Episodes: For the episodes...I give Episode 1 a B-, it was a tad short, but the introduction was the reason why it is in that shape, Episode 2 is better, and gets a B, Episode 3, the plot was good, but short, gets a C-, Episode 4 is my #1 favorite so far, B+, now for Episode 5, it was good, could use a bit more words, and storyline, B-. Episode 6, the sports episode, was indeed good, and we get to see the robots again, B. Episode 7, I liked Rark's storyline and all, and Laneld's character, I wonder what comes next, B+. Overall, the episodes are mostly B's, and the final tally is a.... B.

Grammar: The grammar, it is valid, understandable, and such, nothing too bad about it. A+

Overall Verdict: In the end, it could use bits of more action, cool storyline, and sometimes the episodes can be a bit more lengthy too.
Steel Sponge
Steel Sponge
Fry Cooks
Fry Cooks

Browser : Chrome
Doubloons : 37569

Back to top Go down

Post by teenj12 6/4/2011, 11:42 pm

I want constructive criticism Crying or Very sad .
teenj12
teenj12
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

Browser : Firefox
Doubloons : 34402

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabre 6/5/2011, 2:13 am

Cool reviews you guys Smile
Sabre
Sabre
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

Doubloons : 28823

Back to top Go down

Post by Metal Snake 6/5/2011, 2:33 am

Fa wrote:Warning: Harsh review ahead!

Journey of Sebastion: D-

Luke, I got to say I really had hopes for this spin-off when it began. You had just gotten off guest writing for me, and everyone was clamoring for you to be a full-time writer. However, I have to say, you really didn't live up to expectations that much at all. There are many problems so I'll just address them individually:

Format: The one positive in a sea of negative was when you changed from Script format to the current format you use. Although, I can't help but say something still feels missing about this. B-

Plot: When you first showed the community your idea, it sounded like an intriguing idea that could make for a memorable spin-off, at least I thought. However, it has been half-baked to imperfection with mistakes. For example, you don't spend 6 episodes detailing how they make a plan to attack. You spend 6 episodes detailing how they try to use the plan! To me this is very lazy writing, and a misuse of a great idea. F

Characters: The characters here are very bland and unmemorable. This actually bugs me quite a bit, because this was an original complaint of mine FROM THE FIRST EPISODE! I'm very disappointed that in 2-3 seasons, you couldn't fix this problem. F

Episodes: While we're on the subject of seasons, I have to point out one big pain in the ass: 10 episode seasons are way too short. Even LOE had longer seasons (granted only 2 more but still.) Whatever the case, my point remains: make longer seasons that are interconnected! D-

Grammar: This is the biggest thing that bugged me. Seriously, learn to do Quotations Quotes. Your quotes are like this: "We need to think of a plan.", said Cecil. That is not right. It just kills me inside. And I know this isn't the first time that people have collectively brought this up to you, so please fix this! F

Overall Verdict: Luke, I'm afraid I can't sugarcoat my opinions any longer. Some of these mistakes may have been acceptable in the beginning, but now it's hard to tolerate many of them any longer. I'm honestly a bit worried about what direction your going to take MM & BB: Origins on at this point. I'm not trying to be harsh/rude, I'm just giving my opinion.

You are so correct about the lazy writing with short episodes/seasons, that's a highly fatal flaw that even I've noticed. But I have put effort into making the plot more exciting, I have tried to improve the grammar, and from the beginning, I've been trying to make the characters complex. Thank you for the constructive criticism though.
Metal Snake
Metal Snake
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

Doubloons : 36840

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabre 6/5/2011, 1:23 pm

I would love it if someone could do a review like those for my Spin-off Smile
Sabre
Sabre
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

Doubloons : 28823

Back to top Go down

Post by tvguy347 6/5/2011, 1:56 pm

We should seriously require all reviews to be like that. Silly Face!
tvguy347
tvguy347
Cashiers
Cashiers

Back to top Go down

Post by Fa 6/5/2011, 2:40 pm

tvguy347 wrote:We should seriously require all reviews to be like that. Silly Face!

Wow I feel like I just pioneered a new format of reviews Silly Face!
Fa
Fa
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

Doubloons : 25185

Back to top Go down

Post by tvguy347 6/5/2011, 2:52 pm

Fa wrote:
tvguy347 wrote:We should seriously require all reviews to be like that. Silly Face!

Wow I feel like I just pioneered a new format of reviews Silly Face!

You did. HAHA This just may become the new SBC trend; we haven't had one in awhile, as school was in session, but now it's summer! ^.^
tvguy347
tvguy347
Cashiers
Cashiers

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cartoon 6/7/2011, 9:19 am

I wantz someone to review The Ugly Barnacle.
The Cartoon
The Cartoon
Customers
Customers

Browser : Internet Explorer
Doubloons : 26635

http://z6.invisionfree.com/Dramatic_Static/index.php?act=idx

Back to top Go down

Post by Fa 6/11/2011, 8:10 pm

It's that time again! Another wonderful Fa review! This time, I review ACS' Spybob and Spypat.

Spybob and Spypat- D

Once again, I'll individually go over points of discussion of the reviewed spin-off:

Format: While I'm not too much of a fan of the recap format (just care for those lively details) I can live with it. However, I feel that some of your text was bunched too close together, which could make it harder for some to read. C

Concept: This was my biggest gripe of the whole episode. While I'm not too fond of using the concept of an aired SB ep, what pissed me off the most were how some parts (like the entire ending) felt blatantly ripped-off from "Spy Buddies", which in my opinion is lazy writing. F

Episodes: I have a problem with how this is going to continue from here on out. This episode felt more like a homeage to "Spy Buddies" than a spin-off, which makes it harder to continue on with this. Serious flaw much? F

Overall: I'm afraid, that this spin-off has some serious flaws to it that can seriously hamper it down from some unoriginality to the way the text is grouped to how it'll continue. I hope that you take this to heart, and improve. Final grade- D

Note: The opinions made in this review are solely those of Mr. Southparkfa
Fa
Fa
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

Back to top Go down

Post by SOF 6/12/2011, 12:17 pm

nice review, Fa
SOF
SOF
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

Doubloons : 35473

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 6/12/2011, 1:59 pm

Awh sh*t

Last edited by ACSBehemothHellcat on 6/12/2011, 6:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Clappy 6/16/2011, 12:37 pm

I think I am going to review as well. This might be a tad bit harsh, but I have been wanting to state this for a while now.

I am not going to give a grade because I do feel that the work of this spin-off is great (I specifically bolded that portion just to let him know that none of his work isn't anything bad). It's just one gripe that has been bugging me for quite some time.

First off, let me first post the description that is underneath the spin-offs forum.

Spin-offs are a grand tradition that SBC has always had, and always will have. They are the users' chance to express their creativity, and showcase their ideas for events after SpongeBob, or even before SpongeBob. It doesn't even have to be about SpongeBob itself. It can just be under the sea, or feature a minor SpongeBob character. Everyone is encouraged to join in the fun! (Reviews and News are also founds here.)

The spin-off that I want to talk about is Bikini Top. 70s, I seriously do enjoy your spin-off. I don't love it like most people, but I do like it. I have been trying to figure out for quite some time now that there was something holding me back from loving it and I think I finally realized what was wrong. I just don't think spin-off is the right word for it.

Let's apply the description of the spin-offs towards it. I might be wrong, but I think I have only seen one SpongeBob character major or minor mentioned in any of the episodes that I have read (Sandy Cheeks). The concepts towards most of these episodes are so hard to imagine taking place under the sea. I know that I included werewolves into Bikini Bottom High back in the day and I immediately regretted that decision. You know why? Because having werewolves under the sea was way too out there. I have a feeling including vampires under the sea is just as hard to believe.

70s, you have a great work on your hands, but I feel that this work is much more of a lit than a spin-off. I hope that my review doesn't bother you, but I just wanted to get my opinion out there.

This isn't the end of my review series, I plan on doing more full on reviews on a couple more spin-offs. While I may no longer be a writer, I have been getting back into reading. I don't have negative things to say, but I just want to chime in my two cents. Examples of future installments include Down Under, Patrick's Big Break, Storm Racers, Team SpongeBob, just to name a few.
Clappy
Clappy
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

Doubloons : 49141

Back to top Go down

Post by ExKizuna 6/22/2011, 12:34 am

Spin Off Action: The Reboot (Episode 1, for now) - F

Oh, Tvman, you tried so hard...Oh wait, I don't know that, because it surely doesn't show in this spin off. I have so many gripes with this, so, I thought, let's review the first episode.

I...I strongly dislike it. Hate is TOO strong of a word, however. Just...Gah.

-Okay, Jesus being black...The fuck broski? And...its just ridiculous. WHY?

-Sex and rape. Dude, why? It doesn't fit at all with something based off of TDI/A/WT. Just why? This honestly feels like it was written by a 9 year old who just found otu what sex and rape are and that he shouldn't be talking about it. And, I know RRR just shrugs it off, but thats because thats a comedu show. This shouldn't exactly be full fledged comedy. And, just having "Oh, Naomi was getting raped" is un-acceptable.

-RUSTY'S NOT A SPIN OFF CHARACTER

-There's way too much cussing. I know I used to use exess cussing, but dude, there's like 3 cuss words every two seconds. Why? It feels so forced.

-Okay, just a minor one now. You said "Naomi has to deal with all of these vampires" or whatever; Dude, from what I know(I caught myself up), Naomi doesn't even KNOW about the vampires yet.

Oh, and having a real spongebob character showing boob in a spin off...Whatever floats your boat, brah.
ExKizuna
ExKizuna
Managers
Managers

Doubloons : 28977

Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Sponge 6/22/2011, 12:02 pm

SHOW: Spin-Off Action: The Reboot(So far): D

Remember tvguy, this is my honest opinion. Anyways, I was about to review either Down Under or TCA(again), but this caught my eye. So, what do I dislike about the reboot? My review will explain it all.

Format: This is the good part of the spin-off, the dialog is fine and organized, some bits are not in order, but yeah, excellent work for that. A-

Plot: Well, obviously some parts fit in with the original Spin-Off Action, I believe most of them do not. When you said reboot, I guess you weren't kidding, and made the season almost totally different from the others. I have to be honest, the rest of the plot with the contestants, is what I can't remember right now, but I can just say it didn't interest me. And just one more thing, I don't know why Sebastion got booted off, to be honest, but I'd be surprised if it was because he "smelled like shit" or something. D+

Characters: For the characters, it's just really bland. First off, Spongdob is in this spin-off, and he doesn't even exist yet. Second, Gakuto shared his appearance for one episode, and he hasn't been found yet, Well, I shouldn't be surprised that it's just a spin-off, but it's not like I'm trying to ruin the space time continuum of it. Third, why is Rusty in it? He's a fanfic character. Fourth, who the hell is Log? Is he the ninth contestant you forgot to introduce, or is he there for some reason? Fifth...no comment about Jesus. Some other characters feel out of character IMO, Sebastion looking like a wimp after being voted off, as an example. And for Naomi, she's fine, but I felt her character was overdone. So in the end, some characters are out of place, and the selections weren't good enough to me. F

Grammar: You did good on the grammar, really. So yeah...that's it. A+

Overall Verdict: Tvguy, with honestly, the first episode was a tad rushed, and I didn't think it was planned that well. Which is which I recommended Clappy's previous and abruptly ended SOA season.
Steel Sponge
Steel Sponge
Fry Cooks
Fry Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by Fa 6/22/2011, 12:50 pm

Spin-Off Action: Reboot- F

It's Spin-Off review time! Here's your host, Mr. Southparkfa! Today I shall be reviewing Tvguy's reboot of the popular Spin-Off Action, a series originally written by Clapmaster. Well, Tvguy you (may) have tried to revamp Clappy's popular spin-off, but I'm afraid you've done a great injustice to an amazing spin-off. Per usual, I'll just go over the problems individually:

Format: Eh, you did a decent enough job making the episode readable, although there are some small mistakes, it's formatted nicely. B+

Plot: Holy damn, you really meant it when you said reboot. I mean, the majority of the show is completely unlike the previous seasons, which isn't a great thing here. The plot just didn't interest me, and I really couldn't follow alot of it anyhow. Oh yeah, the majority of us frown upon rape scenes in spin-offs. In Rusty's Raping Rampage, the raping is acceptable due to being an MA series and a fan-fic, while Spin-Off Action was pretty clean for the most part. D-

Characters: Holy shit, put on your rain cap of critisim, because I've got alot to say about your characterization. You chose very odd characters. Spongedod was a joke spin-off, and Rusty is from a fan-fic, not a spin-off. Not only that, but you didn't characterize them like they were in their original series'. However, I would like to talk now about how black jesus made me feel in this episode. It was probably one of the most offensive things I've ever read in a spin-off. Not only was it offensive to religion, races, and just in general, he wasn't anywhere close to funny. Black Jesus alone makes me not want to read this ever again. F-

Overall: Tvguy, you really have a rushed episode, and it shows. It was unfunny, it was crude, it wasn't anywhere like the original show, and it was just plain unenjoyable. I will have trouble being able to give this reboot another chance, but I sincerely hope you take this critism to heart. F
Fa
Fa
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

Back to top Go down

Post by tvguy347 6/22/2011, 1:20 pm

See the Spin Offs Announcement thread.
tvguy347
tvguy347
Cashiers
Cashiers

Back to top Go down

Spin-Off Reviews! - Page 10 Empty The Daily Low-Down w/ OMJ

Post by OMJ 6/22/2011, 10:39 pm

Guess what time it is?! 7:38! Time for a Low Down!!

Show: Sponge's Atlantis

Episode: Pilot

Review: Can I get those 5 seconds of my life back now?

Consensus: D+
OMJ
OMJ
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

Doubloons : 27681

Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Sponge 6/22/2011, 10:50 pm

Skodwarde: A+

Oh my god, this spin-off is the shit! The jokes were creative and to the point, that made me burst with laughter for two days straight! The characters are awesome, especially Skodwarde, he says....well nothing, but he's awesome for saying nothing. What's not to love about the re-arranged plots, more hillarious stuff, and the biggest mystery about Squidward? This spin-off is truly GENIUS! Loved it, five stars, Steel out.

Yeah, this was a dare, but seriously though, I actually love Skodwarde
Steel Sponge
Steel Sponge
Fry Cooks
Fry Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by Elastic Dog 6/25/2011, 9:21 am

This is probably the first spin-off i've ever laughed at that wasn't hilariously bad. Awesome job. Keep it up!
Elastic Dog
Elastic Dog
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

Doubloons : 33134

Back to top Go down

Post by Wumbology 6/25/2011, 9:23 am

One of the funniest spin-offs I've ever read.
Wumbology
Wumbology
Managers
Managers

Doubloons : 46718
Location : not Gayada... not that there's anything wrong with that

Back to top Go down

Post by teenj12 6/25/2011, 12:53 pm

Spongebob's Atlantis - B+
Why do you guys hate it so much? Seriously,its better than other spin-offs who have declined in quality (hai Down Under). It only has a few grammar errors, so? When 70s makes a spelling error, you guys don't get on him. Your all just scared he is gonna ban you if you guys don't like his shit. Bikini Top isn't even spin-off, literature crap, that has lost its spark (just end the shit 70s). Same goes for Down Under. Spin-offs such as this and Adventures of the underground City deserve more popularity Angry .
teenj12
teenj12
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

Back to top Go down

Post by Elastic Dog 6/25/2011, 9:01 pm

teenj12 wrote:Spongebob's Atlantis - B+
Why do you guys hate it so much? Seriously,its better than other spin-offs who have declined in quality (hai Down Under). It only has a few grammar errors, so? When 70s makes a spelling error, you guys don't get on him. Your all just scared he is gonna ban you if you guys don't like his shit. Bikini Top isn't even spin-off, literature crap, that has lost its spark (just end the shit 70s). Same goes for Down Under. Spin-offs such as this and Adventures of the underground City deserve more popularity Angry .
You just got awesome, bro.
Elastic Dog
Elastic Dog
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

Doubloons : 33134

Back to top Go down

Post by tvguy347 6/25/2011, 9:50 pm

Um... was that serious? Cause that's not what OMJ dared you to do...
tvguy347
tvguy347
Cashiers
Cashiers

Back to top Go down

Post by Clappy 6/25/2011, 9:58 pm

teenj12 wrote:Spongebob's Atlantis - B+
I don't know if this is serious or if this was just a dare but I lol'd pretty hard regardless. That was seriously funny.
Clappy
Clappy
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

Back to top Go down

Post by teenj12 6/25/2011, 11:14 pm

tvguy347 wrote:Um... was that serious? Cause that's not what OMJ dared you to do...
Was not serious at all Silly Face! . I decided to go the extra mile and make it as believable as possible. Notice I did B+, instead of A+ . I'm a fantastic actor, thanks for the applause. HAHA
teenj12
teenj12
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

Back to top Go down

Post by Metal Snake 6/26/2011, 4:24 pm

Being the bandwagon hopper that I am, I'm going to review tvguy's reboot of Clappy's once ended spin-off, Spin-off Action. Tvguy, I'm sorry, but like the other reviews, this one's going to be kinda harsh. Also, in bandwagon hopping fashion, I'm going to review the pros and cons of your spin-off individually too.

Spin-Off Action: The Reboot: D-

Format: Like a lot of your spin-offs, the format is good, and most of the grammar is decent, unlike the god-awful work I've done with the quotation marks in my spin-off. A

Plot: The plots of the two episodes you've written so far didn't interest me, and they felt rushed too. I am well aware that this is your spin-off now, and you can do whatever you want with it. However, most of the plots and ideas in this spin-off are just absurd. Black Jesus? People's head's exploding from looking at a vagina? I couldn't believe what I was reading. F

Characters: I'm not going to comment about you bringing characters from fanfics and joke spin-offs into the show, because what bugged me a lot more was that a lot of the characters that were brought from other spin-offs were out of character. Naomi was very unlikable, and your portrayal of Sebastion just confused me. I still have no idea why you made him into a wimp who smelled like shit and wept like a crybaby. D-

Dialogue: All I can say is my God, the dialogue in this spin-off is so BAD. I don't have any problems with cursing, but like Ex said, your characters are cursing every two or three seconds. I'm not kidding, their dialogue could be replaced with just, "Fuck fuck fuck shit, sex fuck rape shit fuck." Please give your characters some actual dialogue instead of just making their mouths filthier than the Angry Video Game Nerd's. F

Once again, I'm sorry that I'm saying stuff like this about your show tvguy, but this spin-off is seriously flawed. Please try to improve it, and if anybody needs me, I'll be riding on the good old bandwagon.

Metal Snake
Metal Snake
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Sponge 6/30/2011, 10:50 pm

SHOW: Total Cartoon Action: D

Pretty much, I've decided to review TCA again, but in this format, and with some more details. A D isn't pretty good. 4EverGreen, I hope you're ready to see what I'm going to review.

Format: To make one thing perfectly clear, I'm not going to nitpick about the whole walls of text. But I'm going to give a little friendly advice. The format you use for this spin-off is confusing to read through. For it to be clearer, make a new paragraph when another character speaks out some dialouge. This is an example:

"Hey Billy, have you seen Human Centipede yet?" Richard said.

"It sounds so scary, but I'm definately going to see it, right after I see Green Lantern," said Billy.

In the end, this is what I'm going to grade your format: D+

Plot: To be honest, I'm not fond with the similar storyline to the original TDA, but I'm still reading this for a reason: the suspense. The suspense is where I want to see who gets the boot and stuff. Another thing that makes the plot predictable is the characters' similar actions. In addition, I feel that you can't give everybody detail, because I believe that's why it's taking you a tad longer to finish an episode. Oh, and to bring up another subject, the jokes aren't funny, but I shouldn't be surprised that I don't laugh much. Like when the contestant had to get half-naked, or Haggis' Beatles reference. In the end, the suspense gets me, like I want to know what you mean by "American Spray Paint" or whatever the next episode will be called. D-

Characters: Now, it's obvious that the characters have similar traits to the original, and there's probably those that are duplicate. I find some of the characters a bit of a problem. First, I'm going to talk about Larry. His dialogue gives a new meaning to predictable. His growing envy, taking revenge on Spongebob, and Sandy is like whatever he keeps talking about. I consider it as...an antagonist with a repetitive conscience. Next is Lil, she's just like 80% Izzy, while the rest of her is plain Lil, just saying. Dog pretty much has the meaning of cruel irony in his new character trait, but I guess that's what happens when you're 16...but I have to admit, his past or whatever is interesting. Next, Craig Mammalton, the angel version of Larry. In Sun Bleached, he was snooty, somewhat braggy, and maybe sensitive with people without tan skin. In TCA, he's pretty much reasonable. Though, the more I read through Craig, the more I would reconsider hating him. Last is Patrick. In the orignal Spongebob, he's supposed to be dumb, but in TCA, he's somewhat smart, and more of a safety freak, but I guess that's what happens when you want a girlfriend. D+

Grammar: There's really nothing much to say about the grammar. It's perfect as it is, but the format would be in the way of it. B+

Overall Verdict: Hopefully 4EverGreen, you'll try better on this, and my grade will be better.

Last edited by Spyro on 7/1/2011, 11:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Steel Sponge
Steel Sponge
Fry Cooks
Fry Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by Wumbology 7/1/2011, 8:54 am

How do two D+'s, a C-, and a B+ equal a D in any way? :/
Wumbology
Wumbology
Managers
Managers

Doubloons : 46718
Location : not Gayada... not that there's anything wrong with that

Back to top Go down

Post by Metal Snake 7/1/2011, 10:53 am

Yoshi wrote:How do two D+'s, a C-, and a B+ equal a D in any way? :/

They would probably average out to a C, not a D.
Metal Snake
Metal Snake
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Sponge 7/1/2011, 11:35 am

Yoshi wrote:How do two D+'s, a C-, and a B+ equal a D in any way? :/

I'm not perfect, really.
Steel Sponge
Steel Sponge
Fry Cooks
Fry Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by tvguy347 7/1/2011, 12:43 pm

A Spin Off Isle Review

Overall Grade: D

Plot: Okay, so here's my problem with this spin off, and I'm not sure if it's just how you write or what, but it seemed rushed. Not as in the writing way of rushing, but in the way that everything plot-wise felt rushed. Like chronologically. Skodwarde and Spongepool both arrive and instantaneously begin to bicker, and yet just after the "Meanwhile..." it claims the whole camp already knows of the bickering. Unless it was explosive (which you didn't make it out to be), I doubt the camp would know about it within a few second. Also, Skodwarde doesn't really seem to have any motive for starting a fight besides 'hating everybody' which is pretty stupid. :/ UNLESS... it was intended to be a joke. Also, the Mud Man is (at least from the way I took it in) portrayed as a fun, crazy character and yet he's pretty damn serious in his one liner. I just... I dunno. It was fine but the plot was just kinda straight-lining, and no true excitement, just stuff the audience is already savvy to. C+ (I did, however, love the jab at Team Spongebob xD)

Format: I'm not very fond of script format, but I guess because characters usually have a lot to say in this spin off, it doesn't really bother me. A

Character: Some of these characters didn't really seem in character. I really would've liked you to cover ALL of the cast in both tribes instead of lazily splitting it into two parts. I feel like these characters are just kinda acting the same: there are good alliances, bad alliances, heroic alliances, evil alliances, single villains, single heroes, etc. We've all seen it before, and I thought that maybe you'd bring something new to the table instead of creating a carbon-copy of SOA and TDI/Survivor. C

Setting: I REALLY wish you could've described the setting. I didn't seen any description at all. It was mostly dialogue, which I don't really like... I prefer to be absorbed in this little world, not just reading this dialogue and trying to conjure up images when I know it's probably not accurate to the spin off. F

Dialogue: Dialogue was fine. A+

Overall: Yeah, sorry man, but I really didn't like this first part at all. Maybe it was just me specifically, but it's just not my type of spin off. I'll definitely review the second part and review that, but I don't I'll read this spin off to be honest. =/
tvguy347
tvguy347
Cashiers
Cashiers

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragiiin123 7/1/2011, 1:19 pm

Master Chief is Lord wrote:A Spin Off Isle Review

Overall Grade: D

Plot: Okay, so here's my problem with this spin off, and I'm not sure if it's just how you write or what, but it seemed rushed. Not as in the writing way of rushing, but in the way that everything plot-wise felt rushed. Like chronologically. Skodwarde and Spongepool both arrive and instantaneously begin to bicker, and yet just after the "Meanwhile..." it claims the whole camp already knows of the bickering. Unless it was explosive (which you didn't make it out to be), I doubt the camp would know about it within a few second. Also, Skodwarde doesn't really seem to have any motive for starting a fight besides 'hating everybody' which is pretty stupid. :/ UNLESS... it was intended to be a joke. Also, the Mud Man is (at least from the way I took it in) portrayed as a fun, crazy character and yet he's pretty damn serious in his one liner. I just... I dunno. It was fine but the plot was just kinda straight-lining, and no true excitement, just stuff the audience is already savvy to. C+ (I did, however, love the jab at Team Spongebob xD)

Format: I'm not very fond of script format, but I guess because characters usually have a lot to say in this spin off, it doesn't really bother me. A

Character: Some of these characters didn't really seem in character. I really would've liked you to cover ALL of the cast in both tribes instead of lazily splitting it into two parts. I feel like these characters are just kinda acting the same: there are good alliances, bad alliances, heroic alliances, evil alliances, single villains, single heroes, etc. We've all seen it before, and I thought that maybe you'd bring something new to the table instead of creating a carbon-copy of SOA and TDI/Survivor. C

Setting: I REALLY wish you could've described the setting. I didn't seen any description at all. It was mostly dialogue, which I don't really like... I prefer to be absorbed in this little world, not just reading this dialogue and trying to conjure up images when I know it's probably not accurate to the spin off. F

Dialogue: Dialogue was fine. A+

Overall: Yeah, sorry man, but I really didn't like this first part at all. Maybe it was just me specifically, but it's just not my type of spin off. I'll definitely review the second part and review that, but I don't I'll read this spin off to be honest. =/
jealous much?
Dragiiin123
Dragiiin123
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

Doubloons : 24476

Back to top Go down

Post by Clappy 7/1/2011, 1:32 pm

I appreciate you taking the time to review and make your points tvman. I do appreciate the constructive criticism but there are some points to your review that I just want to make clear....

First note is....its called Spin-off Island: Redemption Isle.....not A Spin-off Isle Silly Face!

Anywho....

The Setting - I agree that I could have gone into more context then just stranding them on an island. As the season progresses, they will learn more about their setting. Out of all the constructive criticism given, this is definitely the one that I agree with the most.

Characters - I haven't fully gotten to develop their characters in Part 1 primarily because I spent the first portion of the spin-off explaining how the game is going to be played. Trust me, I plan on focusing on that if not the next episode, the episode after that. As for characters out of context, Skodwarde is suppose to hate everybody. I do plan on making Mud Man fun, but in case you forgot, he has a reason to hate Shin Fu because he was defeated by the characters of Team Spongebob.

And a carbon copy of SOA? In case you are forgetting, SOA was originally my show. I am writing SOI in the same style as I wrote SOA on tv.com. As someone who has watched Survivor, Total Drama, all those other shows, alliances are usually made right off the back. You didn't have a problem with this during the one complete episode I made of Season 5, so I don't see why you are hating on it now.

Format - I have learned through the screenwriting courses I have been taking that script format is heavily favored over other formats of writing. That is why I have installed them into my lits and spin-offs. Whenever I have people speaking, I do it in script format just because I have gotten use to that format. Sorry if you guys don't like it, but that's just how my writing has changed thanks to screenwriting. =/

Plot - Lazily splitting it into two parts......that just bugged the hell out of me not because of what you said, its because of my own personal style. I have a confession to make that I have already told Ex and then made clear in my thread about a hour ago. In case you haven't noticed, I hate writing long spin-offs. I have been driven to write so many 5-10 page papers in my college life that I am fucking sick of writing shit that long. The reason I got into spin-off writing on tv.com was to unwind from writing longer works. Now everyone seems to be making their spin-offs longer these days. You, Wumbo, 70s, Steel, Ex, etc. Dude it honestly feels like a chore to write them as long as you guys do. It made me lose passion in why I enjoyed writing spin-offs. That 30 page one full episode and that 15 page part 1 of the second episode fucking drained me out creatively. I learned during my brief retirement that its not the way I write. Everyone writes spin-offs there own way and I love writing my length and I am not going to change. If four-five pages means the plot isn't going to be there the way you want it to be, then I'm sorry, but no one else seems to mind it. I really don't feel that the plot is rushed whatsoever. Maybe the tension between Skodwarde and Spongepool yes, but like I said earlier, Skodwarde hates everybody especially his neighbors.

And the final nitpick is the final grade. A+, A, C+, C, F = D? That makes no fucking sense if you average it out. I would understand if this was a C, but a D makes your review sound like you want to dislike it for the sake of disliking it. Sorry tvguy, but that's how I truly feel. I just want to figure out why everyone else I have talked to enjoys this except you. Maybe its just truly not your cup of tea like you said earlier.
Clappy
Clappy
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

Back to top Go down

Post by tvguy347 7/1/2011, 2:34 pm

lol I chatted with you on the Xat, and I don't really have anything else to say... I've already voiced my opinion and that's really it.

But that's how I rate. Plot is much more important to me than Format and Dialogue, so if you score badly on Plot, it drags the grade down. =) That's just my personal rating system though. Some categories matter more than others.
tvguy347
tvguy347
Cashiers
Cashiers

Back to top Go down

Post by ExKizuna 7/8/2011, 11:56 pm

BT newest episode = A.

I just want to start off saying I loved it, and it inspired me to write Robot Trout, kind of. Anyway, this isn't going to be too long, because you want me to rate the songs -.- Silly Face!

Anyway, I discussed with you basically everything about this episode, soo...Why am I reviewing it? Oh, right, the songs/.

1.Landslide by Fleetwood Mac
2. Liar Liar by Christina Grimmie
3.I want to hold your hand by The Beatles
4 Louder by Charice
5. Take Me or Leave Me
6.Songbird by Fleetwood Mac
7. Rolling in the Deep by Adele
8. Nevr Going Back Again by Fleetwood Mac
9. Hair by Lady GaGa
10. "Rest in Peace" by the Buffy Cast
11. Get it Right by Glee
12. Secrets by One Republic
13 Mad World by Gary Jules
14. Jar of Hearts by Christina Perri
15. If i Die Young by The Band Perry
16. My Heart Will Go On by Celine Dion
17.Scheiße" by Lady Gaga
18. Last Friday Night(TGIF) by Katy Perry

Nothing else really, I mean, I told you everything on xat Silly Face!

ExKizuna
ExKizuna
Managers
Managers

Back to top Go down

Post by tvguy347 7/10/2011, 8:00 pm

Bikini Top, Episode 41, "Sing It Out"

Overall: Overall, I didn't really enjoy this episode. I got bored very easily. I, however, loved the music selection which was perfected to perfection. B

Plot: I LOVE relationships, and the Bryan+Jackie storyline is awesome. I also enjoyed the decent cliffhanger. Finally, I (to an extent) liked the scene where most of the main cast is together again. It makes me nostalgic for the pre-vampire crap even though they were there to discuss vampires. HOWEVER... everything I felt you tried to perfect TOO much. I didn't enjoy it at all, it was boring and kind of lazy compared to other episodes, which is funny because other amazing episodes have taken WAY less time to write than this one. C

Music: Perfect. A+

Dialogue: It was good, really shows the character's personalities. A

Final: Although the plot (besides the highlights I pointed out) was terrible, I did enjoy some new developments and the music was awesome, so... B!
tvguy347
tvguy347
Cashiers
Cashiers

Back to top Go down

Post by tvguy347 7/10/2011, 8:18 pm

Ugh, fine, Calvin. >.>

1. Sheisse by Lady Gaga
2. Louder by Charice
3. Hair by Lady Gaga
4. Rolling in the Deep by Adele
5. Liar Liar by Christina Grimmie
6. My Heart Will Go On by Celine Dion
7. Secrets by OneRepublic
8. Get It Right by Glee Cast
9. Take Me or Leave Me by RENT
10. Jar of Hearts by Christina Perri
11. TGIF by Katy Perry
12. Landslide by Fleetwood Mac
13. If I Die Young by The Band Perry
14. Rest in Peace by Buffy Cast
15. Mad World by Gary Jules
16. Songbird by Fleetwood Mac
17. Never Going Back Again by Fleetwood Mac
18. I Wanna Hold Your Hand by The Beatles

tvguy347
tvguy347
Cashiers
Cashiers

Back to top Go down

Post by ExKizuna 7/10/2011, 8:32 pm

tvguy347 wrote:Ugh, fine, Calvin. >.>

1. Sheisse by Lady Gaga
2. Louder by Charice
3. Hair by Lady Gaga
11. TGIF by Katy Perry

Okay, how the fuck do Lady Gaga and Kety Perry get 1 and 3(for Gaga) and 11(for Katy), while the Fleetwood songs get 12, 16, and 17? And IWHYH at 18? Holy shit D: And I will never accept Last Friday Night getting higher than FUCKING Landslide, that is just...ugh. ( i know it's your personal taste, but dude.) oh, and TGIF, Sheibe, and Hair were so useless to the ep, and their ranked pretty high, yet the FM songs(And IWHYH...And Rest In Piece) are ranked lower, while they were important D:
ExKizuna
ExKizuna
Managers
Managers

Back to top Go down

Post by tvguy347 7/10/2011, 9:16 pm

ExKizuna wrote:

1. Sheisse by Lady Gaga
2. Louder by Charice
3. Hair by Lady Gaga
11. TGIF by Katy Perry

Okay, how the fuck do Lady Gaga and Kety Perry get 1 and 3(for Gaga) and 11(for Katy), while the Fleetwood songs get 12, 16, and 17? And IWHYH at 18? Holy shit D: And I will never accept Last Friday Night getting higher than FUCKING Landslide, that is just...ugh. ( i know it's your personal taste, but dude.) oh, and TGIF, Sheibe, and Hair were so useless to the ep, and their ranked pretty high, yet the FM songs(And IWHYH...And Rest In Piece) are ranked lower, while they were important D:

I seriously beg to differ. Sheiße was pretty fucking important with the Molly+Anna plotline. But I digress; wasn't the point of this to rate the songs on how much we PERSONALLY enjoyed them and not how important they are to the episode? :/ Sorry for having a different opinion than everybody else, but I'm not a Beatles or Fleetwood Mac fan. And I really don't care if Landslide is supposed to be some legendary, amazing song... I prefer Last Friday Night. I enjoy it more, and that's the point of music. I don't enjoy IWHYH at ALL, or really any Beatles song for that matter.
tvguy347
tvguy347
Cashiers
Cashiers

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragiiin123 7/17/2011, 9:24 am

tvguy347 wrote:
ExKizuna wrote:

1. Sheisse by Lady Gaga
2. Louder by Charice
3. Hair by Lady Gaga
11. TGIF by Katy Perry

I seriously beg to differ. Sheiße was pretty fucking important with the Molly+Anna plotline. But I digress; wasn't the point of this to rate the songs on how much we PERSONALLY enjoyed them and not how important they are to the episode? :/ Sorry for having a different opinion than everybody else, but I'm not a Beatles or Fleetwood Mac fan. And I really don't care if Landslide is supposed to be some legendary, amazing song... I prefer Last Friday Night. I enjoy it more, and that's the point of music. I don't enjoy IWHYH at ALL, or really any Beatles song for that matter.
nice no taste in music man.
Dragiiin123
Dragiiin123
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

Doubloons : 24476

Back to top Go down

Post by tvguy347 8/7/2011, 5:11 pm

Dragiiin123 wrote:
tvguy347 wrote:
ExKizuna wrote:

1. Sheisse by Lady Gaga
2. Louder by Charice
3. Hair by Lady Gaga
11. TGIF by Katy Perry

nice no taste in music man.

Coming from you, a guy who listens to music made for lulz? Okay, brah.

Review for Robot Trout:

Overall: I haven't kept up with this show, but the episodes I have read have been pretty funny parodies of some of my favorite spin offs. I'd give it a solid A

Episodes: Each episode is pretty decent. There have been a few in which I've only chuckled, while others I've LOL'D. For the most part however I LOL, and I like the show. I like that there's a variety of parodied shows instead of just focusing on a few of the more mainstream spin offs.

Characters: They're funny, and I love that you make fun of them and the show itself. Solid A+ here

Format: I'm fine with the format. A+

Show: This is why it didn't get a solid A+. It's basically a Robot Chicken carbon copy, which is what it's intended to be (I think) but it's still sorta meh. I don't really like shows that directly copy others, but RT is an exception in that I really like the humor

tvguy347
tvguy347
Cashiers
Cashiers

Back to top Go down

Post by ExKizuna 8/13/2011, 11:27 pm

Bikini Top: Season Finale OMGOMG: A-fucking-+

No, I am not just saying that because BT is awesome. This finale was...Phenomenal. My jaw would've dropped to hell if I didn't know most of the spoiler-y stuff was going to happen Silly Face!. But still. However, I did say that one scene felt like the characters under-reacted, and the episode itself felt a little un-finished. But you know what, don't care. This episode did so much right, that, honestly, who CARES about what it did wrong?

Also, you know what it did right? It felt like the first season of BT, before the vampires and stuff. It felt like a teen drama, and I loved every minute of it. The only supernatural thing that outright happened was when Buffalo Bill-I mean Joseph chained up Nude!Miranda and she turned into a wolf. But that scene made me lol, so it's fine.

Final thoughts: Loved it, Melvin0s! Loved every minute of it! Can't wait for S3 of BT, a show i've followed since the first episode came out Wink SOO Happy
ExKizuna
ExKizuna
Managers
Managers

Back to top Go down

Post by tvguy347 8/14/2011, 1:06 am

Bikini Bottom
Speeding Cars

Not an A+, probably something a million grades up from an A+

Overall
This episode is quite possibly the best thing I've read in my life, which says a lot, considering I was quite the bookworm as a kid and I still occasionally am at my current age. There are so many things--- no, everything is right about this spin off. It's unheard of when someone can't find something to nitpick in something, but... this was phenomenal. Maybe I loved it more because it touched me in personal places, but I doubt that's the case. It's just... so good. The single best episode of the series, and probably of any spin off or book, or TV series, or movie, or piece of music I've ever seen/heard/read.

Characters
I seriously was watering up at the Jake/Bryan scene, the ending scene, and the Molly/Anna scene. Those three really stood out to me emotionally. The Jake/Bryan scene was probably the biggest, mainly for personal reasons. Not because because of a fight with one of my friends, but for a happy reason. But these scenes made me realize how many friends there are in my life that I love that I never want to lose (also that I'm lucky enough to have quality friends), and the music really helped accomplish the overall feel. The Molly/Anna scene was emotionally touching because... you just really feel bad for Molly and you want them to get back together. They're such a good couple, and it's sad to see the way Anna's acting towards her even though she may have meaningful reasoning. Lastly, the ending scene is incredibly sad and touching for obvious reasons and this scene was the closest that came to causing me to cry. I can't say too much without giving it away, but it really is heart-touching scene.

Music
The music for this episode is NOTHING short of perfect. It fits like a piece of a puzzle for each scene, and... some of this music alone reminds me of the scenes and makes me want to bawl my eyes out. I just can't describe how well this music fit. I don't think any other spin off or fan fic I've read has or will ever match the flawlessness 'Speeding Cars' achieved. I can now proudly say I'm addicted to all of the songs featured in the episode. I can't listening to the songs, and they really are great and just as jaw dropping as the episode itself.

Dialogue and Shockers
The shockers will (as Ex described) make your draw drop, literally to hell. I actually flinched when I read a scene, because it caught me THAT off guard. Speeding Cars is PACKED full of surprises, all of which keep reeling you in further and further. You really feel like you're just relaxing and watching a spectacular show; but nope. Your heart is racing as you inch closer and closer towards the screen, scrolling downward on the page until you reach the end of the page and curse because you have to wait until Season 3. This episode is like a bonbon; delicious, completely satisfying, perfect in every way, coated in sweet layer before giving way to raw goodness within. It also leaves you clawing for more, also like bonbons. The dialogue is very real and (also as Ex said) I don't feel any character "underreacted" at all. They reacted perfectly normally, and it was extremely realistic, which is also something that made it very enjoyable. BT isn't a spin off with stiff characters, but VERY real and nearly 4D.

Plot
The plot? Effortlessly woven. 70s makes it look so easy; it's not. The work hardly shows on the spin off, which is a good thing. It's like he hasn't tried, when really he's spent a LONG time writing it out, and pumping out a truly amazing episode. The episode felt just like the first days of Bikini Top and it achieved a maximum climate without full-fledged war or violence in the least. The plot is like a maze, and you're being led through it by 70s... 70s knows the route, but you're left pondering several things and soon you're lost, surprises at every turn. The episode's plot, I cannot stress enough, just really did something great. It relied on sole emotion, and it really exploded in success. This episode is just pure gold and everything more. I can't wait for Season 3; like at all. I'll be fidgeting, waiting for it to premiere. "Speeding Cars" definitely renewed my faith in BT so much that I'll probably read it until the very end and then annoy 70s until he orders 12 more seasons.

Thank you for creating such an unbelievably amazing piece of art. It touched me, grabbed me, and held me the very end. I can't wait until the next episode. <3

tvguy347
tvguy347
Cashiers
Cashiers

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10