SBC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Translator
Our Affiliates
Click the image to enter our affiliate's sites!
SpongeHolly's Spongebobness.com Nickelodeon Good or Bad? Hollyturneraffiliate
Community Spotlight
Community Spotlight for August 2011 is...
Deli!
Nickelodeon Good or Bad? 106-51
Posts and Members
We've hit 500 members!
SBC News
What's New? Currently.... SBC has hit over 500 members! This is great news for us, and hopefully we'll be getting to 600 members soon. Also, a brand new contest is going on. The first 5 users to find a golden ticket hidden somewhere on the forum, will get early access to v7! Congratulations to SOF who was the first person to find the ticket. Remember - use your heads! There are only 3 spots left. See the "Lost Temple" announcement on the homepage for more. Speaking of contests, don't forget to participate in our other contest to put a funny, original caption on an image. The winner will receive 1000 doubloons. In the future... SBC will be moving to vBulletin on August 26th, 2011. This will also be the launch of v7. We had a good time on forumotion, but it is time for us to move. Stay tuned for more!
Richest Users
UPDATED 1.) that70sguy92 (Net Worth: 40817) 2.) Clappy (Net Worth: 25979) 3.) Wumbology (Net Worth: 23558) 4.) jjsthekid (Net Worth: 19850) 5.) Jelly (Net Worth: 19621) 6). tvguy347 (Net Worth: 19142) 7.) Steel Sponge (Net Worth: 14322) 8.) Metal Snake (Net Worth: 13624) 9.) SOF (Net Worth: 12247) 10.) teenj12 (Net Worth: 11163)
SpongeBob News
A brand new DVD named "SpongeBob's Runaway Roadtrip" will be released September 20th, 2011!
Latest topics
» Best Song Ever contest
Nickelodeon Good or Bad? Empty8/31/2019, 7:31 pm by Frank Costanza

» Very important reminder!
Nickelodeon Good or Bad? Empty8/19/2019, 10:40 pm by Patty Sponge

» my sbc fantasy
Nickelodeon Good or Bad? Empty8/19/2019, 10:35 pm by Patty Sponge

» hahahahahaha i'm posting in the krabby kronicle
Nickelodeon Good or Bad? Empty8/19/2019, 10:31 pm by Patty Sponge

» FORUMOTION LIVES
Nickelodeon Good or Bad? Empty8/19/2019, 9:15 pm by Frank Costanza

» Sean Kingston's Birthday
Nickelodeon Good or Bad? Empty8/19/2019, 9:08 pm by Frank Costanza

» Hey! I can still post here!
Nickelodeon Good or Bad? Empty7/1/2018, 8:52 pm by HawkbitAlpha

» The Lobby
Nickelodeon Good or Bad? Empty12/26/2017, 10:47 pm by SpongeBob’s #1 Fan

» Post Your iDevice's Home Screen
Nickelodeon Good or Bad? Empty12/26/2017, 8:14 pm by TheOpenWindowManiac

Nickelodeon Good or Bad?

+12
storytime7
teenj12
SpongeSebastian
Deli
Wumbology
Elastic Dog
♣CF♣
Goosebumpsfan2
that70sguy92
Dragiiin123
tvguy347
Steel Sponge
16 posters

Go down

Nickelodeon Good or Bad? Empty Nickelodeon Good or Bad?

Post by Steel Sponge 7/5/2010, 11:47 am

Before I can start up the discussion, I am going to list my top 5 reasons why Via/Nick piss me off.

#5.Spongebob Squarepants: No s*** that I love this show. But there's some epic flaws about the show Nickelodeon is totally ruining. They treat this show like #1, what I mean by that is that it takes over half of Nickelodeon's timeslot. Just because Spongebob is #1 in your ratings/charts doesn't mean that it has to air episodes like 20 times a freaking day. If you hate Spongebob because of cancellization of kick-ass shows like Invader ZIM, Danny Phantom, etc., Via/Nick would be the reason. What's worse is that Viacom owns Spongebob and Viacom screwed up Youtube by deleting like 500 freaking videos, +1 awesome one, +1 dead puppy a day. Leave that place alone Viacom. Also, if you own Dora, and it's like #1 in Nick Jr., I suggest airing new episodes instead of killing child suspence, I mean, IT'S RUNNING FOR 10 FREAKING YEARS.

#4.Nolstalgic rate: So far the nostalgic toll is almost below zero. Nick just removed a ton of nostalgic Nicktoons off the timeslot in their own station and their brother station: Nicktoons. For goodness sake, they also removed Nick GAS. And the western coastal times Cartoon Network replaced it(bad idea).

#3.Chances are....: I wonder how long Nick's going to keep up the suspense for new episodes for shows that are about to be cancelled. Maybe until kids from the internet find places like TV.com and look for blank airdates and announced episodes, and will call Nick frauds. This bothers me: lack of airdates for other shows. And guess what, Spongebob and iCarly is what all Via/Nick cares about. And check out the shelves in your favorite Target or Wal-Mart store: bottomless Spongebob, iCarly, and Nick Jr. merchandise.

#2.Nicktoons: *breathes* aw, Nicktoons. A place for nostalgic nicktoons. And unfortunately, a place for spontaneously planned Nicktoon shows. Ever since they did their own shows, they went overboard and started airing superhero themed shows I don't care about. And they are airing new episodes of new nicktoons as well, and luckily, the nostalgic shows are on the late night show times, which made me happy, but it may not be permanate.(this reason is for people who have Nicktoons on their cable, so yeah)

#1.Timeslot and Shows: Oh yeah, this is the biggest reason why Nick sucks. But let's start off with the shows. Ever since 2007, they aired crappy shows like the Mighty B!(They cancelled Danny Phantom for this?! The heck...)Ever since Fred appeared on iCarly, people starting bashing iCarly more(IMO). Tak, Back at the Barnyard, Fapboy and Cum Cum, they're ALL crappy! And sadly, shows like El Tigre lasted on the network for only 11 months or so. The timeslot is outrageous and ungenerous. Timeslot as of now: Morning long Spongebob/Moring long Nick. Jr. Afternoon: Noon long Nick Jr./Noon long iCarly. Night: Night long Spongebob, iCarly, etc./Night long Nick at Nite. As of now, the timeslot is nothing but Penguins, Spongebob, iCarly, True Jackson, and Fanboy. I also can't believe Mighty B is kicked out of the timeslot until new episodes arrive! Plus, who the hell stays up until eight?! Nick at Nite now begins at EIGHT instead of NINE!(Nick at Nite starts at 5 if you're from the East Coast)Peace out!

Don't get me started with the website. Some of their hottest features ONLY let U.S people in them. Are they country racist or something?

End of my rant. Discuss.
Steel Sponge
Steel Sponge
Fry Cooks
Fry Cooks

Browser : Chrome
Doubloons : 37589

Back to top Go down

Nickelodeon Good or Bad? Empty Re: Nickelodeon Good or Bad?

Post by tvguy347 7/5/2010, 11:50 am

Nick is alright...they don't air SB like 20 TIMES A FREAKIN DAY Silly Face!..but they do air it a lot because it's popular.
tvguy347
tvguy347
Cashiers
Cashiers

Browser : Safari
Doubloons : 42410

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragiiin123 7/5/2010, 12:20 pm

Fuck nostalgia.
Time to stop reminiscing of the past and looking forward to the future.
Dragiiin123
Dragiiin123
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

Doubloons : 24496

Back to top Go down

Post by that70sguy92 7/5/2010, 12:24 pm

Dragiiin123 wrote:Fuck nostalgia.
There is nothing bright in Nick's future. I only watch Nick when a new SpongeBob is on, and occasionally iCarly and Nick at Nite.
that70sguy92
that70sguy92
Managers
Managers

Doubloons : 64077

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragiiin123 7/5/2010, 12:26 pm

that70sguy92 wrote:
Dragiiin123 wrote:Fuck nostalgia.
There is nothing bright in Nick's future. I only watch Nick when a new SpongeBob is on, and occasionally iCarly and Nick at Nite.
I don't watch Nick at all.
I watch Spongebob online.
Dragiiin123
Dragiiin123
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

Doubloons : 24496

Back to top Go down

Post by Goosebumpsfan2 7/5/2010, 1:11 pm

Nick is.....ok.
Goosebumpsfan2
Goosebumpsfan2
Customers
Customers

Browser : Firefox
Doubloons : 28468

Back to top Go down

Post by ♣CF♣ 7/5/2010, 2:01 pm

Currently, Nick's meh. I usually only watch Nick now for Spongebob & Penguins of Madagascar.
♣CF♣
♣CF♣
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

Doubloons : 32920

Back to top Go down

Post by Elastic Dog 7/5/2010, 6:20 pm

Only watch Spongebob on Nick nowadays.

Do dig the old Nicktoons TV channel, though.
Elastic Dog
Elastic Dog
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

Doubloons : 33154

Back to top Go down

Post by Wumbology 7/5/2010, 8:07 pm

What is it with Steel and dead puppies? Silly Face!

Nick's okay, but I don't watch it much.
Wumbology
Wumbology
Managers
Managers

Browser : Internet Explorer
Doubloons : 46738
Location : not Gayada... not that there's anything wrong with that

Back to top Go down

Post by Deli 7/19/2010, 7:46 pm

I hate Nickelodeon for one reason. And that is LIVE ACTION PROGRAMS. iCarly sucks, Big Time Rush obviously lip sing, considering they all sound exactly the same, Victorious and True Jackson are okay, but I really liked Drake and Josh. The main reason why I hate it now is because of iCarly. All they do is run around screaming like idiots, and almost every boy on the show execpt Spencer is in love with Carly. Even some of the bad guys.

THAT is why I dislike modern Nick. Rant over.
Deli
Deli
Community Spotlight
Community Spotlight

Doubloons : 31198

http://www.spongebobxsandy.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Wumbology 7/19/2010, 7:54 pm

iCarly was good before, until the producers thought "RANDOM = FUNNEH" and started the downward spiral of unfunny randomness.
Wumbology
Wumbology
Managers
Managers

Back to top Go down

Post by that70sguy92 7/19/2010, 7:57 pm

Wumbology wrote:iCarly was good before, until the producers thought "RANDOM = FUNNEH" and started the downward spiral of unfunny randomness.
It has some good episodes, but I loved it in season 1. Now it's... two or three good episodes in a heap of thrown together random rambling of fried chicken and tomato clam juice.
that70sguy92
that70sguy92
Managers
Managers

Back to top Go down

Post by Deli 7/19/2010, 8:05 pm

I agree. I just hate Carly's Mary-Sue-ness. But I like Spencer, Sam and Gibby. Freddie and Carly disturb me.
Deli
Deli
Community Spotlight
Community Spotlight

Back to top Go down

Post by that70sguy92 7/19/2010, 8:08 pm

Deli wrote:I agree. I just hate Carly's Mary-Sue-ness. But I like Spencer, Sam and Gibby. Freddie and Carly disturb me.
Yeah, I agree. I used to like Freddie, but I have never liked Carly.
that70sguy92
that70sguy92
Managers
Managers

Back to top Go down

Post by Wumbology 7/19/2010, 8:11 pm

Confession time: I had a major celeb crush on Miranda Cosgrove. Embarassed

Also, that's another thing wrong with this show: There's too much lovey-dovey drama and not enough funneh.
Wumbology
Wumbology
Managers
Managers

Back to top Go down

Post by Goosebumpsfan2 7/20/2010, 12:05 am

Actually, I think the shows 2nd and 3rd seasons kick ass while Season 1 was....ok I guess.

*Runs and Hides*
Goosebumpsfan2
Goosebumpsfan2
Customers
Customers

Doubloons : 28468

Back to top Go down

Post by that70sguy92 7/20/2010, 10:58 am

Goosebumpsfan2 wrote:Actually, I think the shows 2nd and 3rd seasons kick ass while Season 1 was....ok I guess.

*Runs and Hides*
That's because you are a childish little thing.
that70sguy92
that70sguy92
Managers
Managers

Back to top Go down

Post by SpongeSebastian 7/23/2010, 1:24 am

iCarly's still a pretty good show; they just sometimes go overboard with the trying-to-be-funny-with-complete-randomness. As for Big Time Rush, Victorious, and True Jackson, I haven't really sat down and watched a bunch of episodes (mainly because I'm too distracted by my high-speed Internet), so I don't really know if they're good or not.

And yes, I totally agree that Nick needs to fix their program line-up. They have a tendency to not give their newer shows a chance. For example, when a new Nicktoon premieres, they'll air it frequently for a short while, then they'll only air it on a single timeslot on the weekends, and finally they'll just stop airing it completely.

I no longer have the Nicktoons channel, but I used to like watching it when it was dedicated to airing classic Nicktoons, with a couple original programs. However, I noticed that they recently added a Nick Rewind section to Nick on Demand (for those who have digital cable), which has episodes of most of the old Nicktoons.
SpongeSebastian
SpongeSebastian
Cashiers
Cashiers

Doubloons : 27142

http://www.tv.com/users/SpongeSebastian/profile.php

Back to top Go down

Post by teenj12 7/23/2010, 3:42 am

SpongeSebastian wrote:iCarly's still a pretty good show; they just sometimes go overboard with the trying-to-be-funny-with-complete-randomness. As for Big Time Rush, Victorious, and True Jackson, I haven't really sat down and watched a bunch of episodes (mainly because I'm too distracted by my high-speed Internet), so I don't really know if they're good or not.

And yes, I totally agree that Nick needs to fix their program line-up. They have a tendency to not give their newer shows a chance. For example, when a new Nicktoon premieres, they'll air it frequently for a short while, then they'll only air it on a single timeslot on the weekends, and finally they'll just stop airing it completely.

I no longer have the Nicktoons channel, but I used to like watching it when it was dedicated to airing classic Nicktoons, with a couple original programs. However, I noticed that they cently added a Nick Rewind section to Nick on Demand (for those who have digital cable), which has episodes of most of ther old Nicktoonsy
Big Time Rush, Victorious, and True Jackson are all OK.Icary and SB are most popular on Nick Nowadays
teenj12
teenj12
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

Doubloons : 34422

Back to top Go down

Post by storytime7 8/16/2010, 1:40 pm

It pisses me off that Viacom/Nickelodeon would cancel shows like: Ren and Stimpy, Rocko's Modern Life, KaBlam!, CatDog, Angry Beavers, Rocket Power, All That (Although I didn't like the newer seasons), Kenan and Kel, and more for shows like: ICarly (focuses to much on random humor which only really good shows can pull off), Big Time Rush (do I really need to explain it, this show is so stupid and that's clearly not them actually singing, my god that's the last thing this world needs is another Jonas Brothers), The Troop: (Boring, that's all I have to say), Victorius: (I would rather be struck by lightning than watch this show), and True Jackson V.I.P.: (read what I wrote for Victorius). Spongebob is my favorite nicktoon but they do air it a lot and that's why a lot of fans of the clasic nickelodeon always complain about those great shows getting cancelled cause of Spongebob (nice going nickelodeon you made a lot of people get pissed off at you just cause you wanted to change things up a bit, it was already fine the way it originally was, as a cartoon channel with only a few live action shows not a live action channel with only few cartoons, that's Disney Channel. Also even though you cancelled these shows at least airreruns cause you do profit from reruns too, and not at 1.00 a.m. so that no kids will ever get the chance to see great cartoons like the Rugrats (knowing nickelodeon, even if they did do that they'd air the Rugrats episodes with Kimi that nobody liked). they do also know that they're highest rated episode ever was an episode of the Rugrats, it was the All Growed Up special which led to All Grown Up the series eventually being made. Sure there is the classic nick site where you can download almost every episode of every nicktoon (only a few episodes are missing, but some shows have every episode like Rugrats, Hey Arnold, Rocket Power, and a few more) but it's still feels better watching them on TV, and I know there's others out there who'll agree with me. Wow that was a long rant and I usually don't complain that much but Nickelodeon makes me so frustrated nowadays, I mean seriously who in their right mind would prefer Fanboy and Chum Chum over Rocko's Modern Life?
storytime7
storytime7
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

Doubloons : 24873

Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Sponge 8/16/2010, 6:57 pm

storytime7 wrote:I mean seriously who in their right mind would prefer Fanboy and Chum Chum over Rocko's Modern Life?

People who never seen it.
Steel Sponge
Steel Sponge
Fry Cooks
Fry Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by tvguy347 8/16/2010, 7:29 pm

Steel Sponge wrote:
storytime7 wrote:I mean seriously who in their right mind would prefer Fanboy and Chum Chum over Rocko's Modern Life?

Who've never seen it.

I agree with you, Storytime. Nickelodeon makes some pretty stupid decisions that leave tons of fans heartbroken.
tvguy347
tvguy347
Cashiers
Cashiers

Back to top Go down

Post by SG10 8/16/2010, 11:28 pm

tvguy347 wrote:
Steel Sponge wrote:

Who've never seen it.

I agree with you, Storytime. Nickelodeon makes some pretty stupid decisions that leave tons of fans heartbroken.
I concur. There simply are fewer programs worth watching. I tune in these days for Spongebob, ICarly (though I admit the quality is abating/subsiding because of the recent bizarre storylines and to-a-fault randomness) and Penguins of Madagascar (however, I cover episodes on YouTube). I was (emphasis on "was") more accustomed to CN, but that network has also gone to the dogs Indifferent

Here's my idea of a Fanboy and Chum Chum series finale:
Ok, so title is "The Gun Never Stops". The two primary characters purchase caliber pistols from a weapons shop. I will proceed with dialogue-
Fanboy: Hey, let's shoot each other!
Chum Chum: Okay!
*both fire repeatedly until both collapse on the sidewalk dead with their blood soon forming puddles on the sidewalk*
Silly Face!
SG10
SG10
Customers
Customers

Doubloons : 26930

http://www.xat.com/TheChemistsLab

Back to top Go down

Post by ♣CF♣ 8/16/2010, 11:31 pm

SG10 wrote:
tvguy347 wrote:
Steel Sponge wrote:

Who've never seen it.

I concur. There simply are fewer programs worth watching. I tune in these days for Spongebob, ICarly (though I admit the quality is abating/subsiding because of the recent bizarre storylines and to-a-fault randomness) and Penguins of Madagascar (however, I cover episodes on YouTube). I was (emphasis on "was") more accustomed to CN, but that network has also gone to the dogs Indifferent

Ok, so title is "The Gun Never Stops". The two primary characters purchase caliber pistols from a weapons shop. I will proceed with dialogue-
*both fire repeatedly until both collapse on the sidewalk dead with their blood soon forming puddles on the sidewalk*
Silly Face!

LOL! That'd be a cool ending for that show. Silly Face!
♣CF♣
♣CF♣
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

Back to top Go down

Post by SG10 8/16/2010, 11:34 pm

Rukia_Kuchiki wrote:
SG10 wrote:
tvguy347 wrote:
Steel Sponge wrote:

Who've never seen it.

Silly Face!

Yep Silly Face! Too bad Nick won't authorize such ghastly violence.
SG10
SG10
Customers
Customers

Doubloons : 26930

http://www.xat.com/TheChemistsLab

Back to top Go down

Post by ♣CF♣ 8/16/2010, 11:41 pm

SG10 wrote:
Rukia_Kuchiki wrote:
SG10 wrote:
tvguy347 wrote:
Steel Sponge wrote:

Who've never seen it.

Silly Face!

Yep Silly Face! Too bad Nick won't authorize such ghastly violence.

Yeah..
♣CF♣
♣CF♣
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Sponge 8/16/2010, 11:50 pm

SG10 wrote:
tvguy347 wrote:
Steel Sponge wrote:

Who've never seen it.

Silly Face!

ROFL That's the spirit.
Steel Sponge
Steel Sponge
Fry Cooks
Fry Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by Deli 9/11/2010, 8:57 pm

I actually like Fanboy and Chum Chum. A lot of people seem to hate it just because it's CGI, but that doesn't neccessarily mean it's bad. The characters have a squat-n-stretch animation style, and the voice acting is pretty good if you ask me.
Deli
Deli
Community Spotlight
Community Spotlight

Back to top Go down

Post by storytime7 9/11/2010, 10:08 pm

Deli wrote:I actually like Fanboy and Chum Chum. A lot of people seem to hate it just because it's CGI, but that doesn't neccessarily mean it's bad. The characters have a squat-n-stretch animation style, and the voice acting is pretty good if you ask me.

To be honest not all CGI shows are bad, Jimmy Neutron was a good show, I don't like Fanboy and Chum Chum because it doesn't entertain me at all and I view it as a complete DISGRACE to the classic nicktoons, it just makes me sick.
storytime7
storytime7
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

Back to top Go down

Post by Fa 9/11/2010, 10:12 pm

storytime7 wrote:
Deli wrote:I actually like Fanboy and Chum Chum. A lot of people seem to hate it just because it's CGI, but that doesn't neccessarily mean it's bad. The characters have a squat-n-stretch animation style, and the voice acting is pretty good if you ask me.

To be honest not all CGI shows are bad, Jimmy Neutron was a good show, I don't like Fanboy and Chum Chum because it doesn't entertain me at all and I view it as a complete DISGRACE to the classic nicktoons, it just makes me sick.

^ Good job!
Fa
Fa
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

Doubloons : 25205

Back to top Go down

Post by Deli 9/11/2010, 10:58 pm

Well, I guess you might be right, Storytime. It doesn't really live up to the expectations of classic Nicktoons, but I find it somewhat entertaining.
Deli
Deli
Community Spotlight
Community Spotlight

Back to top Go down

Post by Doogle. 9/12/2010, 4:17 pm

I miss the old Nick. Well, this is probably different to the USA, but here when I was a lot younger, Nick was amazing. It played Kenan and Kel, Sister Sister, Saved By The Bell and other old sitcoms like that every evening, and I used to watch way past my bed time (up till 10pm Silly Face!) and I loved it. Plus, the red button games used to be amazing. I always remember this one game when you work in a cinema, and have to deal with annoying customers, while watching the channel on the "movie screen". Silly Face! That's not to do with Nick as much but I just miss those awesome red button games.

Also, I loved Nicktoons. Back when Rugrats and The Wild Thornberries still played loads. Sure, by that time Rugrats had ended (this was about 2003/4) but they still played it loads, and lots of other awesome shows that I miss, and are unfortunately not availible on DVD.

Then, the thing I hate about Nick the most now is the bloody website. Years ago, I used to LOVE nick.com. It was the shizz; a million times better than the Nick.co.uk website. I once got my whole class obsessed with the nick.com website. It was amazing. The nickpages, the fun games (I spent so much time playing SB Dunces and Dragons, this Zoey 101 dancing Chase thing, and Fairly Odd Parents: Rhythmn Revolution) and most of all the forums.

Nowdays, it's SpongeBob all day (crap episodes, or the same old episode replayed), rubbish shows like Fanboy and Victorious (tbh though I'm getting in to Victorious) and Nicktoons plays "new" shows that suck. Also, Nick replaced the late night shows with Grizzly Tales for Gruesome Kids, this crap show that started on another Childrens channel in England ages ago. I think it's English anyway. Now though, they're playing good shows like Catscratch. At 3am. Sorry, but I only stayed up that late in the summer holidays. Why play it on a school day? I'm not fucking nocturnal. Also, the Nick.com website is now atrocious.

Sorry about this long rant, it's over now.
Doogle.
Doogle.
Customers
Customers

Doubloons : 27336

http://twitter.com/PaperDoogle

Back to top Go down

Post by Deli 9/12/2010, 8:57 pm

PokeSponge123 wrote:I miss the old Nick. Well, this is probably different to the USA, but here when I was a lot younger, Nick was amazing. It played Kenan and Kel, Sister Sister, Saved By The Bell and other old sitcoms like that every evening, and I used to watch way past my bed time (up till 10pm Silly Face!) and I loved it. Plus, the red button games used to be amazing. I always remember this one game when you work in a cinema, and have to deal with annoying customers, while watching the channel on the "movie screen". Silly Face! That's not to do with Nick as much but I just miss those awesome red button games.

Also, I loved Nicktoons. Back when Rugrats and The Wild Thornberries still played loads. Sure, by that time Rugrats had ended (this was about 2003/4) but they still played it loads, and lots of other awesome shows that I miss, and are unfortunately not availible on DVD.

Then, the thing I hate about Nick the most now is the bloody website. Years ago, I used to LOVE nick.com. It was the shizz; a million times better than the Nick.co.uk website. I once got my whole class obsessed with the nick.com website. It was amazing. The nickpages, the fun games (I spent so much time playing SB Dunces and Dragons, this Zoey 101 dancing Chase thing, and Fairly Odd Parents: Rhythmn Revolution) and most of all the forums.

Nowdays, it's SpongeBob all day (crap episodes, or the same old episode replayed), rubbish shows like Fanboy and Victorious (tbh though I'm getting in to Victorious) and Nicktoons plays "new" shows that suck. Also, Nick replaced the late night shows with Grizzly Tales for Gruesome Kids, this crap show that started on another Childrens channel in England ages ago. I think it's English anyway. Now though, they're playing good shows like Catscratch. At 3am. Sorry, but I only stayed up that late in the summer holidays. Why play it on a school day? I'm not fucking nocturnal. Also, the Nick.com website is now atrocious.

Sorry about this long rant, it's over now.

You're amazing, man.
Deli
Deli
Community Spotlight
Community Spotlight

Back to top Go down

Post by Spongygirl20x 9/12/2010, 10:19 pm

I still enjoy Nick~ Since SpongeBob is all over it!!!
But I love Cartoon Network too!
Spongygirl20x
Spongygirl20x
Customers
Customers

Doubloons : 25186

Back to top Go down

Post by Deli 9/12/2010, 10:23 pm

The things I hate about Nick these days are that they depend on iCarly for everything. If I iCarly was never born, they'd have no reason to make more live action crap, because I've noticed that Victorious and Big Time Rush co-exist in the iCarly world, what with the Pear Phones and Wahoo Punch and such.
Deli
Deli
Community Spotlight
Community Spotlight

Back to top Go down

Post by Doogle. 9/13/2010, 2:41 pm

Deli wrote:The things I hate about Nick these days are that they depend on iCarly for everything. If I iCarly was never born, they'd have no reason to make more live action crap, because I've noticed that Victorious and Big Time Rush co-exist in the iCarly world, what with the Pear Phones and Wahoo Punch and such.
Didn't the pear thing start with Zoey 101? Even though that didn't have a laugh track (which is why I prefer it slightly).
Doogle.
Doogle.
Customers
Customers

Doubloons : 27336

http://twitter.com/PaperDoogle

Back to top Go down

Post by Deli 9/13/2010, 5:31 pm

PokeSponge123 wrote:
Deli wrote:The things I hate about Nick these days are that they depend on iCarly for everything. If I iCarly was never born, they'd have no reason to make more live action crap, because I've noticed that Victorious and Big Time Rush co-exist in the iCarly world, what with the Pear Phones and Wahoo Punch and such.
Didn't the pear thing start with Zoey 101? Even though that didn't have a laugh track (which is why I prefer it slightly).

No, I don't think so... the iPhone wasn't even around at that time... I dunno, I'll research it later.
Deli
Deli
Community Spotlight
Community Spotlight

Back to top Go down

Post by that70sguy92 9/13/2010, 5:49 pm

Deli wrote:
PokeSponge123 wrote:

No, I don't think so... the iPhone wasn't even around at that time... I dunno, I'll research it later.
Zoey 101 did have PearPods and Pear laptops.
that70sguy92
that70sguy92
Managers
Managers

Back to top Go down

Post by Deli 9/13/2010, 7:57 pm

Ah, okay then. *writes that down on palm of hand*
Deli
Deli
Community Spotlight
Community Spotlight

Back to top Go down

Post by storytime7 9/13/2010, 8:02 pm

Most people bailed in 2005 after Spongebob started going downhill (and because Rugrats and Hey Arnold were cancelled in 2004) but some people stayed, I think this "Fred the Movie" thing might be the final straw for me. I'll just look for where to watch the Spongebob episodes online, (i'll still try to record "Buried in Time" though) but if they make one more live action show, fuck it i'm out.
storytime7
storytime7
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

Back to top Go down

Post by Deli 9/14/2010, 8:01 pm

Same thing with Disney.
Deli
Deli
Community Spotlight
Community Spotlight

Back to top Go down

Post by that70sguy92 9/14/2010, 8:06 pm

Deli wrote:Same thing with Disney.
Shoot, I haven't watched Disney in years. Silly Face!
that70sguy92
that70sguy92
Managers
Managers

Back to top Go down

Post by Deli 9/14/2010, 8:15 pm

You're lucky. Now all they have is this Hannah Montana and Jonas Brothers crap. Anywho, let's not stray away from the topic... XD

I think Nickelodeon's problem is the same as Cartoon Network's: They only focus on one age group. Most little kids I know don't even know what SpongeBob even is. They watch iCarly and Big Time Rush and all that. My cousin Shaggy saw iCarly once, looked once at it, and turned the TV off. Of course, Shaggy's thirty years old with a wife and kids, so I guess he doesn't count. XD
Deli
Deli
Community Spotlight
Community Spotlight

Back to top Go down

Post by that70sguy92 9/14/2010, 8:31 pm

Deli wrote:You're lucky. Now all they have is this Hannah Montana and Jonas Brothers crap. Anywho, let's not stray away from the topic... XD

I think Nickelodeon's problem is the same as Cartoon Network's: They only focus on one age group. Most little kids I know don't even know what SpongeBob even is. They watch iCarly and Big Time Rush and all that. My cousin Shaggy saw iCarly once, looked once at it, and turned the TV off. Of course, Shaggy's thirty years old with a wife and kids, so I guess he doesn't count. XD
I want a cousin named Shaggy. D:

Anyways, the fourth season of iCarly is promising so far. But all I've seen is iSam's Mom, which I love because of Jane Lynch.
that70sguy92
that70sguy92
Managers
Managers

Back to top Go down

Post by Deli 9/14/2010, 8:38 pm

His name is Shaggy because when he was a baby, he looked so much like Shaggy Rogers it was SCARY. His real name is Edward, but it actually says 'Shaggy' on his birth certificate. If you think his name is weird, you should meet my cousins Kermit and Jebediah.

Anywho, I have to agree 70's, season 4 doesn't look half bad.
Deli
Deli
Community Spotlight
Community Spotlight

Back to top Go down

Post by tvguy347 9/15/2010, 12:07 am

that70sguy92 wrote:
Deli wrote:
PokeSponge123 wrote:

Zoey 101 did have PearPods and Pear laptops.
^
Did they have PearPhones? Also, iCarly has mentioned Twitter once or twice. T.T They've mentioned PearPhones, PearPods, PearBooks, PearTunes-all references to Apple! Whoo! *girly, fanboy shriek* Silly Face!
tvguy347
tvguy347
Cashiers
Cashiers

Back to top Go down

Post by storytime7 10/10/2010, 3:23 pm

Well at least they did one thing right, and didn't cancel Spongebob.
storytime7
storytime7
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down