SBC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Translator
Our Affiliates
Click the image to enter our affiliate's sites!
SpongeHolly's Spongebobness.com The Origins of MermaidMan Hollyturneraffiliate
Community Spotlight
Community Spotlight for August 2011 is...
Deli!
The Origins of MermaidMan 106-51
Posts and Members
We've hit 500 members!
SBC News
What's New? Currently.... SBC has hit over 500 members! This is great news for us, and hopefully we'll be getting to 600 members soon. Also, a brand new contest is going on. The first 5 users to find a golden ticket hidden somewhere on the forum, will get early access to v7! Congratulations to SOF who was the first person to find the ticket. Remember - use your heads! There are only 3 spots left. See the "Lost Temple" announcement on the homepage for more. Speaking of contests, don't forget to participate in our other contest to put a funny, original caption on an image. The winner will receive 1000 doubloons. In the future... SBC will be moving to vBulletin on August 26th, 2011. This will also be the launch of v7. We had a good time on forumotion, but it is time for us to move. Stay tuned for more!
Richest Users
UPDATED 1.) that70sguy92 (Net Worth: 40817) 2.) Clappy (Net Worth: 25979) 3.) Wumbology (Net Worth: 23558) 4.) jjsthekid (Net Worth: 19850) 5.) Jelly (Net Worth: 19621) 6). tvguy347 (Net Worth: 19142) 7.) Steel Sponge (Net Worth: 14322) 8.) Metal Snake (Net Worth: 13624) 9.) SOF (Net Worth: 12247) 10.) teenj12 (Net Worth: 11163)
SpongeBob News
A brand new DVD named "SpongeBob's Runaway Roadtrip" will be released September 20th, 2011!
Latest topics
» Best Song Ever contest
The Origins of MermaidMan Empty8/31/2019, 7:31 pm by Frank Costanza

» Very important reminder!
The Origins of MermaidMan Empty8/19/2019, 10:40 pm by Patty Sponge

» my sbc fantasy
The Origins of MermaidMan Empty8/19/2019, 10:35 pm by Patty Sponge

» hahahahahaha i'm posting in the krabby kronicle
The Origins of MermaidMan Empty8/19/2019, 10:31 pm by Patty Sponge

» FORUMOTION LIVES
The Origins of MermaidMan Empty8/19/2019, 9:15 pm by Frank Costanza

» Sean Kingston's Birthday
The Origins of MermaidMan Empty8/19/2019, 9:08 pm by Frank Costanza

» Hey! I can still post here!
The Origins of MermaidMan Empty7/1/2018, 8:52 pm by HawkbitAlpha

» The Lobby
The Origins of MermaidMan Empty12/26/2017, 10:47 pm by SpongeBob’s #1 Fan

» Post Your iDevice's Home Screen
The Origins of MermaidMan Empty12/26/2017, 8:14 pm by TheOpenWindowManiac

The Origins of MermaidMan

4 posters

Go down

The Origins of MermaidMan Empty The Origins of MermaidMan

Post by that70sguy92 5/21/2010, 8:50 pm

Decided to create the topic.

So...

COMING THIS SUMMER
that70sguy92
that70sguy92
Managers
Managers

Browser : Chrome
Doubloons : 64027

Back to top Go down

The Origins of MermaidMan Empty Re: The Origins of MermaidMan

Post by that70sguy92 6/7/2010, 6:04 pm

Here's the pilot:

S1E1 (1)- One Shooting Star Can Change Your Whole Life: Matt was typing away while at his boring desk job at Helping Humans Daily (HHD). It was muggy and hot, and no matter how high he turned up his fan, it stayed that way. Beads of sweat rolled down his face. He sighed. He was working on editing the proposal to Congress that one of the higher-ups, Simon Murray, had written. It was funny how the man who got paid so much higher than him made so many errors.

He was nearly complete when Zeke Morrow, his evil (well, not really) co-worker walked in.

"Barker told me to give you these papers," Zeke said. "Needs you to edit, and he'd like to know if you agree."

Bob Barker was the rich owner of HHD. He was constantly giving Matt the jobs no one else wanted to do, because he knew how desperate he was for a promotion. Matt kept doing the jobs. Editing papers, getting executives coffee, sometimes even picking up their dogs' and cats' accidents when they bring them into work, which to be completely honest, wasn't even the most degrading thing that he had ever done while working at HHD... most likely not even close to it. And yet, Zeke was clearly next in line for promotion.

Matt took a deep breath. "Alright, thanks," he said.

Zeke gave Matt a devilish grin. "You're very welcome, Matthew."

That sarcastic tone of voice. The cocky attitude. Calling him Matthew. Wow, Matt HATED that guy. He got back to work.

After work, he went to his New York City studio apartment. Yeah, living in New York City isn't all about the glitz and glamor when you live in a studio apartment with a bed that comes out from the wall. Matt was the first to admit that his life sucked, though most people had no trouble admitting that either. One of the the two best parts of his life were his girlfriend of eleven months, Felicity Covington, of THE Covingtons, one of the richest families in New York City, and America. The other was his best friend since they were eighteen (a mere two years ago... it felt like forever ago to both), Walter Deedrics. Those two helped him through every rough patch in his life, and there were many of them.

Later that night, Matt decided to take a walk. He strolled down the street, and noticed that it was empty. This street usually wasn't very busy. Matt managed to find a rare quiet part of New York City to live in. But right now there wasn't a single soul there. Suddenly, he saw a shooting star. He made a wish. But that star then started coming towards him. He tried to run away from it. Surely if it hit him he would die. But when he sped up, it sped up. It was inevitable. He just stood there and let it hit him.

BOOM!

---

Short for me, I know. But that was all it needed. I know it seemed rushed, but it was supposed to. It was a sudden change of events in someone's life. Reviews very very appreciated. This show is going to be a spectacular ride. Smile
that70sguy92
that70sguy92
Managers
Managers

Back to top Go down

Post by Wumbology 6/7/2010, 6:37 pm

You're a really great writer. Can't wait to see how this spin-off turns out!

For now, A+.
Wumbology
Wumbology
Managers
Managers

Browser : Internet Explorer
Doubloons : 46688
Location : not Gayada... not that there's anything wrong with that

Back to top Go down

Post by that70sguy92 6/10/2010, 4:21 pm

Here we go!

S1E2 (2)- Blood: Have you ever woken up in a hospital, having no idea why you're even there?

Matt had no clue why he was in the hospital. He saw Felicity with no makeup on, and large bags under her eyes. Her hair was an absolute travesty. All of these things were uncharacteristic for the (let's face it) diva. But she was different than other divas... she always has been, and always will be. Why? Because she has a heart. A giant one.

"Oh, thank God you're awake!" she said. "You've been in everyone's prayers for the past four days, especially mine. I was seriously getting scared. I couldn't stop crying. It just showed me that you really do mean the world to me, Matt."

"Wait... four days?" he asked, sounding shocked. "What happened?"

"You... got hit by a shooting star," said Walter, who had just walked into the room. Matt couldn't believe how happy he was to see his best friend. He wondered how often he had been there to see him, but he decided that that question was most likely better suited for a later conversation and not at this very second. Nonetheless, his two favorite people in the world were with him, and he couldn't be more ecstatic... even though he was in the hospital, but oh well... he (strangely) felt totally fine.

"Do you remember anything?" Felicity asked.

Matt returned to the conversation. "No," he said. "Nothing."

~~~

Dr. Hightower gaped at Matthew Myers' blood sample.

"What is it, Dr. Hightower?" his colleague, Dr. Flemings, asked inquisitively.

"These results..." Dr. Hightower said. "They show that Mr. Myers has some of the same blood as that of a fish."

"Did the blood demonstrate this before the shooting star collision?" Dr. Flemings asked.

"No..." Dr. Hightower said. "Before the shooting star hit him his blood was completely normal. This case was already strange enough. Now this..."

"It could just be a mistake by the machine," Dr. Flemings said. "Even in today's world of modern medicine, there are plenty of mistakes made. And in my opinion, these results aren't plausible. It just doesn't make sense."

"You're very correct," said Dr. Hightower.

"Will you be informing Mr. Myers of your findings?" Dr. Fleminds asked.

"Well, isn't that my obligation as a medical professional?" Dr Hightower asked. "What kind of doctor would I be if I neglected to tell my patient information like this? I'm sure no one would find me to be a good doctor."

"You've already iterated the abnormalcy of this patient's condition," Dr. Flemings said. "Perhaps, since this is so very obviously a bit of a mechanical fluke, you can release Mr. Myers from our nurturing care. Even if this fish blood nonsense is true... How could a tiny bit of fish blood affect him? I doubt it would hurt him, and I don't see how it could help him. No need for unnecessary worry, as well as no need for unnecessary confidence by our patient. I think not telling him would make you a better doctor than telling him would, to be completely honest."

"Your words are hard to argue with," Dr. Hightower said. "You're right. Mr. Myers will be released from the hospital today."

~~~

Matt was reading the Get Well Soon cards that he had received in his hospital bed. Felicity was on his lap, laying her head lovingly on his chest.

Dear Matt,

All of us at HHD miss you because of you being in the hospital after being hit by a shooting star in a tragic accident. Get well soon.

Your favorite boss,
Bob Barker

"Wow," Felicity said.

"How personal and loving," Matt said, and rolled his eyes.

"At least he cared enough to send you a card," Felicity said, trying to look on the bright side.

"But it's fill-in-the-blanks BS," Matt said. "That's ridiculous."

"Bob Barker is a very busy man," Felicity said. "At least you're in his thoughts." Her father, Arnold Covington, was busy all the time.

"Ha!" Matt chuckled. "You actually believe Barker wrote this!"

"But his signature is clearly there," Felicity said.

"It's just a stamp," Matt said. "Trust me, I know. I've used it a thousand times. Zeke hands it to me when I have to approve papers."

Felicity used her best Stephanie Tanner voice in saying, "How rude."

Dr. Hightower walked into the room.

"Hello, Matthew," he said. "Glad to see you're awake."

"Hi there Dr. ..." Matt looked at the man's scrubs but saw no name tag.

"Dr. Hightower," he said kindly. "So how are you feeling?"

"Perfect, actually," Matt said.

"Well that's great!" Dr. Hightower said.

"So when does he get to go home?" Felicity asked.

"That's actually why I came in," said Dr. Hightower. "I checked your blood and everything is okay. I'll just need you to fill out some paperwork and then you're free to go. I hope I won't have to see you in here for a long, long time, Matthew."

"Thank you," Matt said.

~~~

Dr. Flemings stepped out of the hospital and went into his car. He had a seashell on his seat. He put it up to his ear.

The voice from inside the seashell asked, "Agua, did you do what was asked of you?"

"Yes," Agua Flemings said. "Matthew Myers is out of the hospital. The doctors know nothing."

"Excellent," said the voice inside the seashell.

"Did I do well, Master Eau?" Agua asked.

"You did very well," said Eau.

---

What do you think? I think I did a good job. SOO Happy

BTW, almost 150 views! 👽
that70sguy92
that70sguy92
Managers
Managers

Back to top Go down

Post by that70sguy92 7/8/2010, 4:17 pm

I have not forgotten about this show. I have many plans for it.

New episode coming soon.
that70sguy92
that70sguy92
Managers
Managers

Back to top Go down

Post by that70sguy92 7/26/2010, 9:21 am

After the new episode of TIS, there will be a new episode of this! SOO Happy
that70sguy92
that70sguy92
Managers
Managers

Back to top Go down

Post by that70sguy92 8/20/2010, 10:56 pm

Sorry.
that70sguy92
that70sguy92
Managers
Managers

Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Sponge 8/20/2010, 10:57 pm

that70sguy92 wrote:Sorry.

*Snaps fingers*

Double-crossed.
Steel Sponge
Steel Sponge
Fry Cooks
Fry Cooks

Doubloons : 37539

Back to top Go down

Post by Wumbology 8/21/2010, 9:37 am

Aww, I liked this spin-off. Sad
Wumbology
Wumbology
Managers
Managers

Browser : Internet Explorer
Doubloons : 46688
Location : not Gayada... not that there's anything wrong with that

Back to top Go down

Post by that70sguy92 1/12/2011, 9:49 pm

Now belongs to Luke.
that70sguy92
that70sguy92
Managers
Managers

Back to top Go down

Post by Metal Snake 1/13/2011, 3:42 am

Thank you, that70s. New episodes will start airing when people demand it.
Metal Snake
Metal Snake
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

Browser : Firefox
Doubloons : 36810

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down