SBC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Translator
Our Affiliates
Click the image to enter our affiliate's sites!
SpongeHolly's Spongebobness.com The Fairly Oddparents Live Action TV Movie Hollyturneraffiliate
Community Spotlight
Community Spotlight for August 2011 is...
Deli!
The Fairly Oddparents Live Action TV Movie 106-51
Posts and Members
We've hit 500 members!
SBC News
What's New? Currently.... SBC has hit over 500 members! This is great news for us, and hopefully we'll be getting to 600 members soon. Also, a brand new contest is going on. The first 5 users to find a golden ticket hidden somewhere on the forum, will get early access to v7! Congratulations to SOF who was the first person to find the ticket. Remember - use your heads! There are only 3 spots left. See the "Lost Temple" announcement on the homepage for more. Speaking of contests, don't forget to participate in our other contest to put a funny, original caption on an image. The winner will receive 1000 doubloons. In the future... SBC will be moving to vBulletin on August 26th, 2011. This will also be the launch of v7. We had a good time on forumotion, but it is time for us to move. Stay tuned for more!
Richest Users
UPDATED 1.) that70sguy92 (Net Worth: 40817) 2.) Clappy (Net Worth: 25979) 3.) Wumbology (Net Worth: 23558) 4.) jjsthekid (Net Worth: 19850) 5.) Jelly (Net Worth: 19621) 6). tvguy347 (Net Worth: 19142) 7.) Steel Sponge (Net Worth: 14322) 8.) Metal Snake (Net Worth: 13624) 9.) SOF (Net Worth: 12247) 10.) teenj12 (Net Worth: 11163)
SpongeBob News
A brand new DVD named "SpongeBob's Runaway Roadtrip" will be released September 20th, 2011!
Latest topics
» Best Song Ever contest
The Fairly Oddparents Live Action TV Movie Empty8/31/2019, 7:31 pm by Frank Costanza

» Very important reminder!
The Fairly Oddparents Live Action TV Movie Empty8/19/2019, 10:40 pm by Patty Sponge

» my sbc fantasy
The Fairly Oddparents Live Action TV Movie Empty8/19/2019, 10:35 pm by Patty Sponge

» hahahahahaha i'm posting in the krabby kronicle
The Fairly Oddparents Live Action TV Movie Empty8/19/2019, 10:31 pm by Patty Sponge

» FORUMOTION LIVES
The Fairly Oddparents Live Action TV Movie Empty8/19/2019, 9:15 pm by Frank Costanza

» Sean Kingston's Birthday
The Fairly Oddparents Live Action TV Movie Empty8/19/2019, 9:08 pm by Frank Costanza

» Hey! I can still post here!
The Fairly Oddparents Live Action TV Movie Empty7/1/2018, 8:52 pm by HawkbitAlpha

» The Lobby
The Fairly Oddparents Live Action TV Movie Empty12/26/2017, 10:47 pm by SpongeBob’s #1 Fan

» Post Your iDevice's Home Screen
The Fairly Oddparents Live Action TV Movie Empty12/26/2017, 8:14 pm by TheOpenWindowManiac

The Fairly Oddparents Live Action TV Movie

+10
Spongedude121
tvguy347
NegiSpongie
ExKizuna
Jelly
teenj12
Clappy
OMJ
that70sguy92
justham
14 posters

Go down

The Fairly Oddparents Live Action TV Movie Empty The Fairly Oddparents Live Action TV Movie

Post by justham 7/5/2011, 5:04 pm

I see that it's going to air this Saturday. Anyone going to watch Drake Bell as Timmy Turner?
justham
justham
Customers
Customers

Doubloons : 25722

Back to top Go down

The Fairly Oddparents Live Action TV Movie Empty Re: The Fairly Oddparents Live Action TV Movie

Post by that70sguy92 7/5/2011, 5:07 pm

Actually might. Sounds somewhat promising... I guess.
that70sguy92
that70sguy92
Managers
Managers

Browser : Chrome
Doubloons : 64032

Back to top Go down

The Fairly Oddparents Live Action TV Movie Empty Re: The Fairly Oddparents Live Action TV Movie

Post by OMJ 7/5/2011, 5:18 pm

Drake Bell is a far cry from being a real-life older Timmy Turner. I might just watch it for the lulz. Is the plot still about Timmy being shallow and only finds himself in love with Tootie after seeing how well developed she is as the years gone by, while he remains in elementary as a 23 year-old?
OMJ
OMJ
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

Browser : Safari
Doubloons : 27656

Back to top Go down

Post by justham 7/5/2011, 5:22 pm

OMJ wrote:Drake Bell is a far cry from being a real-life older Timmy Turner. I might just watch it for the lulz. Is the plot still about Timmy being shallow and only finds himself in love with Tootie after seeing how well developed she is as the years gone by, while he remains in elementary as a 23 year-old?
Seems like it but it's kinda bugging me that a 23 year old can still be in 5th grade with all these rules about the school system. I guess I'm not suppose to be using logic in situations like this.
justham
justham
Customers
Customers

Doubloons : 25722

Back to top Go down

Post by Clappy 7/5/2011, 7:50 pm

I'm seriously debating about watching this. I mean the plot looks incredibly lulzy, but I might be able to see through it just to watch Timmy and Tootie hook up. Plus, I hear that Jason Alexander is Cosmo and Cheryl Hines is Wanda. Seinfeld and Curb Your Enthusiasm cast members ftw!
Clappy
Clappy
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

Browser : Internet Explorer
Doubloons : 49116

Back to top Go down

Post by teenj12 7/8/2011, 12:29 am

This could have the same emotional effect as TS3 if done right.
teenj12
teenj12
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

Browser : Firefox
Doubloons : 34377

Back to top Go down

Post by OMJ 7/8/2011, 12:34 am

I wonder how Vicky looks like all older and live-action.
OMJ
OMJ
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

Back to top Go down

Post by Jelly 7/8/2011, 1:21 am

I've known about this for a really long time, actually, at first I thought this was quite WTF-y, but now I'm intrigued and wanna watch it. Gotta say, guy that plays Crocker looks pretty creepy and his voice is very close to the real one xD

..another thing, if 10+ years passed, why is Poof still a baby? :s
Jelly
Jelly
Cashiers
Cashiers

Doubloons : 42866

http://spongefifi.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by OMJ 7/8/2011, 1:30 am

Jelly wrote:I've known about this for a really long time, actually, at first I thought this was quite WTF-y, but now I'm intrigued and wanna watch it. Gotta say, guy that plays Crocker looks pretty creepy and his voice is very close to the real one xD

He's probably still a baby in fairy years. Cosmo and Wanda looked roughly the same age as their 70s counterparts in those time travel eps.
OMJ
OMJ
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

Back to top Go down

Post by Jelly 7/8/2011, 1:55 am

OMJ wrote:
Jelly wrote:I've known about this for a really long time, actually, at first I thought this was quite WTF-y, but now I'm intrigued and wanna watch it. Gotta say, guy that plays Crocker looks pretty creepy and his voice is very close to the real one xD

He's probably still a baby in fairy years. Cosmo and Wanda looked roughly the same age as their 70s counterparts in those time travel eps.
Le true, these fairies never age Silly Face!
Jelly
Jelly
Cashiers
Cashiers

Back to top Go down

Post by Clappy 7/8/2011, 11:10 am

OMJ wrote:I wonder how Vicky looks like all older and live-action.
In a perfect fantasy world, maybe like this
The Fairly Oddparents Live Action TV Movie Emma-stone-08030804If live-action Vicky looked like Emma Stone, she could babysit me whenever she wanted.
Clappy
Clappy
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

Back to top Go down

Post by ExKizuna 7/8/2011, 11:12 am

Clappy wrote:
In a perfect fantasy world, maybe like this
The Fairly Oddparents Live Action TV Movie Emma-stone-08030804If live-action Vicky looked like Emma Stone, she could babysit me whenever she wanted.
Mmm, that's a purrrdy Vicky
ExKizuna
ExKizuna
Managers
Managers

Doubloons : 28952

Back to top Go down

Post by that70sguy92 7/8/2011, 5:13 pm

teenj12 wrote:This could have the same emotional effect as TS3 if done right.
No, it really could not... even if done right. It's a low-budget live-action/CGI TV movie on Nickelodeon. Wink
that70sguy92
that70sguy92
Managers
Managers

Doubloons : 64032

Back to top Go down

Post by NegiSpongie 7/8/2011, 9:48 pm

I don't have cable right now, so I'm not gonna see it. Even if I did, I still wouldn't watch it anyway. To me, the plot seems kinda dumb with the whole 'Timmy as a 23-year-old acting like a kid so he can get pass da rules and keep his fairies'. It kinda contradicts the series whenever the leaving when he's older part was brought up and Timmy said that until the day comes he would enjoy every moment with them.
Though I'm not saying that it will be bad, I might watch it depending on what the reviews say. So it could be good...or not.
NegiSpongie
NegiSpongie
Customers
Customers

Doubloons : 25845

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1063319/SOLmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by tvguy347 7/8/2011, 9:50 pm

that70sguy92 wrote:
teenj12 wrote:This could have the same emotional effect as TS3 if done right.
No, it really could not... even if done right. It's a low-budget live-action/CGI TV movie on Nickelodeon. Wink

Archiv'd. xD
tvguy347
tvguy347
Cashiers
Cashiers

Doubloons : 42365

Back to top Go down

Post by OMJ 7/8/2011, 10:11 pm

At least the movie keeps up with the continuity made in that old episode where Timmy wishes to be a grown up that you can still make wishes by being a child at heart and acting like a kid. Is this movie meant to be the series finale or something? I haven't kept up with this series or its news in years, so.
OMJ
OMJ
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

Back to top Go down

Post by Spongedude121 7/8/2011, 11:29 pm

Clappy wrote:I'm seriously debating about watching this. I mean the plot looks incredibly lulzy, but I might be able to see through it just to watch Timmy and Tootie hook up. Plus, I hear that Jason Alexander is Cosmo and Cheryl Hines is Wanda. Seinfeld and Curb Your Enthusiasm cast members ftw!

I like the way you think, Clappy!

Anyway, I might view it... might not...
Spongedude121
Spongedude121
Customers
Customers

Doubloons : 24116

Back to top Go down

Post by Elastic Dog 7/9/2011, 1:57 pm

I may view for the lulz.
Elastic Dog
Elastic Dog
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

Doubloons : 33109

Back to top Go down

Post by Clappy 7/10/2011, 12:14 am

The movie was a major WTF to me. I thought it was cute to have Timmy and Tootie fall in love, but to have him keep his fairies? Lame. What happened to Tammy and Tommy having his fairies? Just....UGGHH!!

Otherwise, I loved Timmy's parents, Jorgen, and Crocler. They were incredibly lulzy.

Oh and Randy Jackson doing the voice of Poof? That was so fucked up. xD
Clappy
Clappy
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

Back to top Go down

Post by ExKizuna 7/10/2011, 12:16 am

Clappy wrote:The movie was a major WTF to me. I thought it was cute to have Timmy and Tootie fall in love, but to have him keep his fairies? Lame. What happened to Tammy and Tommy having his fairies? Just....UGGHH!!

Otherwise, I loved Timmy's parents, Jorgen, and Crocler. They were incredibly lulzy.

Waaaat. Any youtube clips of that?
ExKizuna
ExKizuna
Managers
Managers

Back to top Go down

Post by Clappy 7/10/2011, 12:18 am

ExKizuna wrote:
Clappy wrote:The movie was a major WTF to me. I thought it was cute to have Timmy and Tootie fall in love, but to have him keep his fairies? Lame. What happened to Tammy and Tommy having his fairies? Just....UGGHH!!

Waaaat. Any youtube clips of that?
Not yet, but Nick will replay it 1012932234 times.
Clappy
Clappy
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

Back to top Go down

Post by Deli 7/10/2011, 1:11 am

Two words: torpedo boobs.
Deli
Deli
Community Spotlight
Community Spotlight

Doubloons : 31153

http://www.spongebobxsandy.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jelly 7/10/2011, 1:13 am

Missed it. I has no Nickelodeons here, but I guess I can catch it any of the 1012932234 times Nick will air it.
Jelly
Jelly
Cashiers
Cashiers

Back to top Go down

Post by Deli 7/10/2011, 1:16 am

I watched it tonight. I liked it because it was so ridculous. But that was the point. They weren't aiming for it to be just like the series. I do think that they could have cast Tootie better, though. Daniella Monet's acting wasn't all that great, but everyone else was spot on. Crocker was so accurate it was scary. I did find myself feeling teary when they got to the point where Cosmo, Wanda, and Poof were (spoilers) fading away. D:
Deli
Deli
Community Spotlight
Community Spotlight

Doubloons : 31153

http://www.spongebobxsandy.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ♣CF♣ 7/10/2011, 2:43 pm

I checked it out because there was nothing else on. It was pretty decent. I kinda knew Timmy would end up keeping his fairies at the end. Crocker was funny though.
♣CF♣
♣CF♣
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

Doubloons : 32875

Back to top Go down

Post by SpongeSebastian 7/10/2011, 11:42 pm

I saw the movie twice today. While it seems to be getting mixed reviews, I personally LOVED it. They did a good job at giving the characters and scenes the same feel as the cartoon, and the result was hilarious (especially when Crocker was saying "FAIRY GODPARENTS!")
I'm glad they cast Drake Bell as Timmy. He's a classic Nick star and his boyish looks made him just right for the role. I agree with Deli that they could have cast Tootie better, but I guess Nick wanted to promote one of its current stars.
The actors who played Timmy's parents did the roles spot on (love seeing Gordy from "Ned's Declassified" back), and I simply adored the paring of Cheryl Hines and George Costanza as Wanda and Cosmo. Randy Jackson's surprise cameo as Poof's voice was a big WTF moment, but very funny.
Anyway, as a kid who grew up watching The Fairly OddParents, I found it rather tear-jerking to see Timmy all grown up and having to choose between his fairies and his adult future, and while I was kind of hoping that Cosmo and Wanda would move on, I thought the ending was satisfying.
I got a big finale feel from this movie, and I sadly believe that we are close to the end of FOP, since Nick seems to be burning off episodes and never airing reruns.
All in all, I'll give this movie a 9/10 for being a great twist on a well-known cartoon series.
SpongeSebastian
SpongeSebastian
Cashiers
Cashiers

Doubloons : 27097

http://www.tv.com/users/SpongeSebastian/profile.php

Back to top Go down

Post by Clappy 7/11/2011, 12:04 am

There you go Ex, sorry for the meh-ish quality.
Clappy
Clappy
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

Back to top Go down

Post by ExKizuna 7/11/2011, 12:55 am

Clappy wrote:

I actually lol'd.
ExKizuna
ExKizuna
Managers
Managers

Back to top Go down

Post by teenj12 7/11/2011, 1:09 am

Nick hasn't confirmed S8 as the last.
teenj12
teenj12
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

Doubloons : 34377

Back to top Go down

Post by NegiSpongie 7/11/2011, 6:20 pm

Clappy wrote:

That's never gonna leave my mind...
NegiSpongie
NegiSpongie
Customers
Customers

Back to top Go down

Post by Jelly 7/12/2011, 11:04 pm

Watched it today, and I actually liked it a lot, despite it seems the movie has little continuity to the series. I liked that even though it was live action they still kept that cartoony feeling. I think they did a really good job casting these characters (I agree about Tooty, though, personality wise too, she was more like a random girl there) Crocker was hysterical, and I love Timmy's mom and dad too (they put the original voices in, right? Cuz they sounded perfect)
There are some things that are left unanswered, tho. Like, where's Vicky? What happened to Timmy liking Trixie? And what happened to Timmy's kids getting Cosmo and Wanda?
Other than that, great movie. A-
Jelly
Jelly
Cashiers
Cashiers

Back to top Go down

Post by Clappy 7/12/2011, 11:32 pm

Jelly wrote:Watched it today, and I actually liked it a lot, despite it seems the movie has little continuity to the series. I liked that even though it was live action they still kept that cartoony feeling. I think they did a really good job casting these characters (I agree about Tooty, though, personality wise too, she was more like a random girl there) Crocker was hysterical, and I love Timmy's mom and dad too (they put the original voices in, right? Cuz they sounded perfect)
There are some things that are left unanswered, tho. Like, where's Vicky? What happened to Timmy liking Trixie? And what happened to Timmy's kids getting Cosmo and Wanda?
Other than that, great movie. A-
Ah, you must have seen the edited version.

In the original, Vicky is in it and so is Chester and AJ. They cut some footage for future airings of the special so that they can fit it in a hour. The original was about a hour and fifteen minutes.
Clappy
Clappy
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

Back to top Go down

Post by NegiSpongie 7/13/2011, 1:38 am

I saw it online, and it actually turned out better than I thought it would be. I thought it went a little over-the-top at times, but was pretty good for a live-action FOP. I especially liked the guy who played Crocker and his spasms were really entertaining. I wasn't so sure about Vicky, her shouting wasn't as impressive as it is in the cartoon. And I also didn't like that they made Tootie a tree-hugger, but I did like the romance between her and Timmy as well as the song by Drake Bell and Denielle Monet during the date montage. I kinda liked the villain and his team up with Crocker, but he did get annoying when he became like a kid and nearly killed Cosmo, Wanda, and Poof which I agree was really sad along when they disappeared. As for the ending, I found it to be a little fanfic-ish of the fairy council to decide that Timmy should keep his fairies with Tootie (and possibly Chester and AJ) knowing they exist since fairies are supposed to be secret to everybody except godkids (though I do like that it kinda makes it a setup for the ending to CC). I also liked Cosmo and Wanda in human form cuz they were pretty funny and as realistic as the animated Cosmo and Wanda are.
All in all, a good movie and good compliment to the animated series.
NegiSpongie
NegiSpongie
Customers
Customers

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down