SBC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Translator
Our Affiliates
Click the image to enter our affiliate's sites!
SpongeHolly's Spongebobness.com Napoleon Dynamite (the animated series) Hollyturneraffiliate
Community Spotlight
Community Spotlight for August 2011 is...
Deli!
Napoleon Dynamite (the animated series) 106-51
Posts and Members
We've hit 500 members!
SBC News
What's New? Currently.... SBC has hit over 500 members! This is great news for us, and hopefully we'll be getting to 600 members soon. Also, a brand new contest is going on. The first 5 users to find a golden ticket hidden somewhere on the forum, will get early access to v7! Congratulations to SOF who was the first person to find the ticket. Remember - use your heads! There are only 3 spots left. See the "Lost Temple" announcement on the homepage for more. Speaking of contests, don't forget to participate in our other contest to put a funny, original caption on an image. The winner will receive 1000 doubloons. In the future... SBC will be moving to vBulletin on August 26th, 2011. This will also be the launch of v7. We had a good time on forumotion, but it is time for us to move. Stay tuned for more!
Richest Users
UPDATED 1.) that70sguy92 (Net Worth: 40817) 2.) Clappy (Net Worth: 25979) 3.) Wumbology (Net Worth: 23558) 4.) jjsthekid (Net Worth: 19850) 5.) Jelly (Net Worth: 19621) 6). tvguy347 (Net Worth: 19142) 7.) Steel Sponge (Net Worth: 14322) 8.) Metal Snake (Net Worth: 13624) 9.) SOF (Net Worth: 12247) 10.) teenj12 (Net Worth: 11163)
SpongeBob News
A brand new DVD named "SpongeBob's Runaway Roadtrip" will be released September 20th, 2011!
Latest topics
» Best Song Ever contest
Napoleon Dynamite (the animated series) Empty8/31/2019, 7:31 pm by Frank Costanza

» Very important reminder!
Napoleon Dynamite (the animated series) Empty8/19/2019, 10:40 pm by Patty Sponge

» my sbc fantasy
Napoleon Dynamite (the animated series) Empty8/19/2019, 10:35 pm by Patty Sponge

» hahahahahaha i'm posting in the krabby kronicle
Napoleon Dynamite (the animated series) Empty8/19/2019, 10:31 pm by Patty Sponge

» FORUMOTION LIVES
Napoleon Dynamite (the animated series) Empty8/19/2019, 9:15 pm by Frank Costanza

» Sean Kingston's Birthday
Napoleon Dynamite (the animated series) Empty8/19/2019, 9:08 pm by Frank Costanza

» Hey! I can still post here!
Napoleon Dynamite (the animated series) Empty7/1/2018, 8:52 pm by HawkbitAlpha

» The Lobby
Napoleon Dynamite (the animated series) Empty12/26/2017, 10:47 pm by SpongeBob’s #1 Fan

» Post Your iDevice's Home Screen
Napoleon Dynamite (the animated series) Empty12/26/2017, 8:14 pm by TheOpenWindowManiac

Napoleon Dynamite (the animated series)

+6
that70sguy92
CDCB
NegiSpongie
justham
Uncle_Dolan
Clappy
10 posters

Go down

Napoleon Dynamite (the animated series) Empty Napoleon Dynamite (the animated series)

Post by Clappy 5/17/2011, 1:23 am

I am a huge fan of the original movie. Napoleon Dynamite is a perfect example of a love it or hate it film. I loved the quirkiness and Napoleon reminds me a bit of myself and how awkward I was for the first year or two of high school. Napoleon Dynamite became a cult classic for better or for worse the way one looks at it.

Eight years later, Napoleon Dynamite is being turned into an animated series with the original cast all slated to return to write, direct, and star. One would think that while this may have been a couple years too late to capitalize on the success of the movie. Still, a possible show on the shenanigans of Napoleon Dynamite still had a bit of potential.

Then I saw the trailer.........

I am so annoyed. Where to start?
- This is rumored to be joining Animation Domination next Spring. With Bob's Burgers, The Simpsons, Family Guy, American Dad, The Cleveland Show, and Jonah Hill's new show Allen Gregory all being a part of Animation Domination, I have no clue how they are even going to fit this into their schedule. Maybe Bob's Burgers gets cancelled? Who knows. Fox better release their tv schedule soon though because by the looks of it, Animation Domination is going to be overloaded.

-The whole reason the movie Napoleon Dynamite works is that it's basically an extended bout of absurd anti-humor. Based off the trailer above, the series looks to be centered around typical Fox Animation wackiness, but with even more obnoxious shenanigans like getting (what looks like some burning cream) stuck to your forehead. Color me disappointed.

-One of the few bright spots is that IMDB says along with the original production crew from the movie, Mike Scully is going to be one of the main producers/writers. For those of you who don't know, Mike Scully is an Emmy winning producer/writer from Parks & Recreation. For those of you who don't watch Parks & Recreation, you should start watching the show. It is one of the best comedies on television today. Mike Scully will hopefully add some spice to the series and make the odd idea of Napoleon Dynamite being converted into a tv show and make it work.

Despite all my comments posted above, I am going to give the pilot and maybe the second and third episode a shot. Only because I love the movie, otherwise I would shake my head at why Fox thought making Napoleon Dynamite into a tv series was such a "great" idea.
Clappy
Clappy
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

Browser : Internet Explorer
Doubloons : 49216

Back to top Go down

Napoleon Dynamite (the animated series) Empty Re: Napoleon Dynamite (the animated series)

Post by Uncle_Dolan 5/17/2011, 9:53 pm

I totally agree, I heard about this before and I thought this was a bad idea from the start. It's stupid how they just make a series off of movies nowadays. It shows lack of creativity.
Uncle_Dolan
Uncle_Dolan
Customers
Customers

Doubloons : 26368

http://www.thisisawebsite.com

Back to top Go down

Napoleon Dynamite (the animated series) Empty Re: Napoleon Dynamite (the animated series)

Post by justham 5/17/2011, 9:57 pm

I am at a lost for words over how stupid this idea is
justham
justham
Customers
Customers

Doubloons : 25822

Back to top Go down

Post by NegiSpongie 5/17/2011, 11:22 pm

Oh, give me a break... as if the movie wasn't bad enough, an animated series?
Yes, I hated the movie with a passion, and the idea of a cartoon just seems stupid.
NegiSpongie
NegiSpongie
Customers
Customers

Doubloons : 25945

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1063319/SOLmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by CDCB 5/18/2011, 7:37 am

Okay, the movie was cool, but really? An animated series? The trailer looks like...crap. I might view the first episode. If I hate it, this series isn't one I plan to rewatch.
CDCB
CDCB
Fry Cooks
Fry Cooks

Browser : Firefox
Doubloons : 28663

Back to top Go down

Post by that70sguy92 5/18/2011, 8:41 am

I actually kind of like the trailer, because I realize it's just a *very early* trailer, and some of the kinks have yet to be worked out. I will definitely watch this, although it seems like it would fit better on Comedy Central.
that70sguy92
that70sguy92
Managers
Managers

Browser : Chrome
Doubloons : 64132

Back to top Go down

Post by Wumbology 5/18/2011, 4:08 pm

I think this show could work well with Mike Scully, as he's known for his wacky humour on The Simpsons. I'm still not too interested, though.
Wumbology
Wumbology
Managers
Managers

Doubloons : 46793
Location : not Gayada... not that there's anything wrong with that

Back to top Go down

Post by Clappy 5/18/2011, 4:38 pm

Wumbology wrote:I think this show could work well with Mike Scully, as he's known for his wacky humour on The Simpsons. I'm still not too interested, though.
Oh? I had no clue about that. How long did he work on The Simpsons?

that70sguy92 wrote:I actually kind of like the trailer, because I realize it's just a *very early* trailer, and some of the kinks have yet to be worked out. I will definitely watch this, although it seems like it would fit better on Comedy Central.
True, it is a very early trailer so maybe we might get a better one down the line. Comedy Central wouldn't work legally because Fox owns the rights to Napoleon Dynamite since they distributed the movie Silly Face!
Clappy
Clappy
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

Doubloons : 49216

Back to top Go down

Post by Wumbology 5/18/2011, 5:08 pm

Clappy wrote:
Wumbology wrote:I think this show could work well with Mike Scully, as he's known for his wacky humour on The Simpsons. I'm still not too interested, though.
Oh? I had no clue about that. How long did he work on The Simpsons?
He's been the executive producer from Seasons 9 to 12 (and a little bit of Season 13). He's also written a few episodes.
Wumbology
Wumbology
Managers
Managers

Doubloons : 46793
Location : not Gayada... not that there's anything wrong with that

Back to top Go down

Post by Elastic Dog 5/18/2011, 6:53 pm

The movie was great. Don't really see the show working out though. Still might watch the pilot though.
Elastic Dog
Elastic Dog
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

Browser : Safari
Doubloons : 33209

Back to top Go down

Post by storytime7 5/18/2011, 9:21 pm

I wasn't too big of a fan of the movie, so I probably won't watch it.
storytime7
storytime7
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

Doubloons : 24928

Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Sponge 5/18/2011, 9:22 pm

No thanks.
Steel Sponge
Steel Sponge
Fry Cooks
Fry Cooks

Doubloons : 37644

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down