SBC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Translator
Our Affiliates
Click the image to enter our affiliate's sites!
SpongeHolly's Spongebobness.com Charlie Sheen live show bombs in Detroit Hollyturneraffiliate
Community Spotlight
Community Spotlight for August 2011 is...
Deli!
Charlie Sheen live show bombs in Detroit 106-51
Posts and Members
We've hit 500 members!
SBC News
What's New? Currently.... SBC has hit over 500 members! This is great news for us, and hopefully we'll be getting to 600 members soon. Also, a brand new contest is going on. The first 5 users to find a golden ticket hidden somewhere on the forum, will get early access to v7! Congratulations to SOF who was the first person to find the ticket. Remember - use your heads! There are only 3 spots left. See the "Lost Temple" announcement on the homepage for more. Speaking of contests, don't forget to participate in our other contest to put a funny, original caption on an image. The winner will receive 1000 doubloons. In the future... SBC will be moving to vBulletin on August 26th, 2011. This will also be the launch of v7. We had a good time on forumotion, but it is time for us to move. Stay tuned for more!
Richest Users
UPDATED 1.) that70sguy92 (Net Worth: 40817) 2.) Clappy (Net Worth: 25979) 3.) Wumbology (Net Worth: 23558) 4.) jjsthekid (Net Worth: 19850) 5.) Jelly (Net Worth: 19621) 6). tvguy347 (Net Worth: 19142) 7.) Steel Sponge (Net Worth: 14322) 8.) Metal Snake (Net Worth: 13624) 9.) SOF (Net Worth: 12247) 10.) teenj12 (Net Worth: 11163)
SpongeBob News
A brand new DVD named "SpongeBob's Runaway Roadtrip" will be released September 20th, 2011!
Latest topics
» Best Song Ever contest
Charlie Sheen live show bombs in Detroit Empty8/31/2019, 7:31 pm by Frank Costanza

» Very important reminder!
Charlie Sheen live show bombs in Detroit Empty8/19/2019, 10:40 pm by Patty Sponge

» my sbc fantasy
Charlie Sheen live show bombs in Detroit Empty8/19/2019, 10:35 pm by Patty Sponge

» hahahahahaha i'm posting in the krabby kronicle
Charlie Sheen live show bombs in Detroit Empty8/19/2019, 10:31 pm by Patty Sponge

» FORUMOTION LIVES
Charlie Sheen live show bombs in Detroit Empty8/19/2019, 9:15 pm by Frank Costanza

» Sean Kingston's Birthday
Charlie Sheen live show bombs in Detroit Empty8/19/2019, 9:08 pm by Frank Costanza

» Hey! I can still post here!
Charlie Sheen live show bombs in Detroit Empty7/1/2018, 8:52 pm by HawkbitAlpha

» The Lobby
Charlie Sheen live show bombs in Detroit Empty12/26/2017, 10:47 pm by SpongeBob’s #1 Fan

» Post Your iDevice's Home Screen
Charlie Sheen live show bombs in Detroit Empty12/26/2017, 8:14 pm by TheOpenWindowManiac

Charlie Sheen live show bombs in Detroit

+3
Clappy
that70sguy92
Mr. Dr. Professor Patrick
7 posters

Go down

Charlie Sheen live show bombs in Detroit Empty Charlie Sheen live show bombs in Detroit

Post by Mr. Dr. Professor Patrick 4/3/2011, 10:59 am

Actor Charlie Sheen was booed off stage by fans on the first night of his Violent Torpedo Of Truth: Defeat Is Not An Option one-man show in Detroit.

The former Two And A Half Men star had initially been greeted with rapturous applause, but fans reportedly began to walk out within 15 minutes.

Sheen had promised to tell "the real story", but critics said he instead gave "a series of nonsensical rants".

The show ended after an hour when Sheen failed to return after a musical break.

Entertainment Weekly described the show as an "unmitigated disaster".

"The padded and disjointed show was a hodgepodge of video clips and Sheen-isms that felt hastily assembled and misjudged the patience of even the hardest of hardcore fans," it said.

The Hollywood Reporter said: "Call it 'tiger blood' or 'Adonis DNA' if you will. Just don't call it entertainment."

Sheen opened with a monologue saying: "I am finally here to identify and train the Vatican assassin locked inside each and every one of you."

Unhappy fans walked out of Sheen's show early
After talking about his "napalm dripping brain" and describing himself as "a giant and leaky bag of mayhem", he added: "Is anybody else as confused by this as I am?"

He also showed film clips including one he wrote, produced and directed entitled RPG, but was abruptly halted after more booing from the audience.

The 45-year-old responded to one heckle by saying: "I already got your money, dude."

He later told the crowd the show was "an experiment" adding: "You paid your hard-earned money without knowing what this show was about."

Fans walked out chanting "Refund!" and were quick to express their disappointment outside.

"I was hoping for something. I didn't think it would be this bad," said Linda Fugate from Detroit, who said she paid $150 (£93) for two tickets.

"I expected him to at least entertain a little bit. It was just a bunch of ranting," said Rodney Gagnon, who travelled from Ontario in Canada for the show.

Others blamed the audience: "I thought it was good. It was what I expected," Lori Caputo of Battle Creek, Michigan, told USA Today.

"I was disappointed in everybody booing."

The Detroit performance was the first of 22 sold-out planned shows in 20 US and Canadian cities.

Sheen's publicist Larry Solters declined to comment after the show.

Sheen was fired from hit comedy Two and A Half Men last month amid a frenzy of US media reports on his controversial personal life.

Meanwhile, Martin Sheen has spoken to the BBC about the "roller coaster ride" his family have experienced in trying to support his son.

"Charlie is dealing with the most profound problems and addiction - there's no secret, his behaviour has been an example of that," he told Kirsty Young on Radio 4's Desert Island Discs.
Source: http://goo.gl/1Y07q

Ouch.
Food Critic
Food Critic

Browser : Firefox
Doubloons : 28945

Back to top Go down

Charlie Sheen live show bombs in Detroit Empty Re: Charlie Sheen live show bombs in Detroit

Post by that70sguy92 4/3/2011, 11:24 am

Winning?
that70sguy92
that70sguy92
Managers
Managers

Browser : Chrome
Doubloons : 64027

Back to top Go down

Charlie Sheen live show bombs in Detroit Empty Re: Charlie Sheen live show bombs in Detroit

Post by Clappy 4/3/2011, 11:34 am

Well what would you expect, it was him complaining. I guess he needs the Two and a Half Men script writers?
Clappy
Clappy
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

Browser : Internet Explorer
Doubloons : 49111

Back to top Go down

Post by Girlygirl24 4/3/2011, 11:57 pm

thats just sad Sad
Girlygirl24
Girlygirl24
Customers
Customers

Browser : Internet Explorer
Doubloons : 26656

Back to top Go down

Post by OMJ 4/3/2011, 11:59 pm

Figured it'd bomb. The guy's a complete and utter wreck.
OMJ
OMJ
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

Browser : Safari
Doubloons : 27651

Back to top Go down

Post by Face 4/4/2011, 12:01 am

that70sguy92 wrote:Winning?
In Soviet Russia he is.
Face
Face
Customers
Customers

Browser : Chrome
Doubloons : 27462

Back to top Go down

Post by SpongeSebastian 4/6/2011, 1:31 am

It's funny how he's still trying.
SpongeSebastian
SpongeSebastian
Cashiers
Cashiers

Browser : Firefox
Doubloons : 27092

http://www.tv.com/users/SpongeSebastian/profile.php

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down