SBC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Translator
Our Affiliates
Click the image to enter our affiliate's sites!
SpongeHolly's Spongebobness.com Why does SpongeBob get blamed for everything? Hollyturneraffiliate
Community Spotlight
Community Spotlight for August 2011 is...
Deli!
Why does SpongeBob get blamed for everything? 106-51
Posts and Members
We've hit 500 members!
SBC News
What's New? Currently.... SBC has hit over 500 members! This is great news for us, and hopefully we'll be getting to 600 members soon. Also, a brand new contest is going on. The first 5 users to find a golden ticket hidden somewhere on the forum, will get early access to v7! Congratulations to SOF who was the first person to find the ticket. Remember - use your heads! There are only 3 spots left. See the "Lost Temple" announcement on the homepage for more. Speaking of contests, don't forget to participate in our other contest to put a funny, original caption on an image. The winner will receive 1000 doubloons. In the future... SBC will be moving to vBulletin on August 26th, 2011. This will also be the launch of v7. We had a good time on forumotion, but it is time for us to move. Stay tuned for more!
Richest Users
UPDATED 1.) that70sguy92 (Net Worth: 40817) 2.) Clappy (Net Worth: 25979) 3.) Wumbology (Net Worth: 23558) 4.) jjsthekid (Net Worth: 19850) 5.) Jelly (Net Worth: 19621) 6). tvguy347 (Net Worth: 19142) 7.) Steel Sponge (Net Worth: 14322) 8.) Metal Snake (Net Worth: 13624) 9.) SOF (Net Worth: 12247) 10.) teenj12 (Net Worth: 11163)
SpongeBob News
A brand new DVD named "SpongeBob's Runaway Roadtrip" will be released September 20th, 2011!
Latest topics
» Best Song Ever contest
Why does SpongeBob get blamed for everything? Empty8/31/2019, 7:31 pm by Frank Costanza

» Very important reminder!
Why does SpongeBob get blamed for everything? Empty8/19/2019, 10:40 pm by Patty Sponge

» my sbc fantasy
Why does SpongeBob get blamed for everything? Empty8/19/2019, 10:35 pm by Patty Sponge

» hahahahahaha i'm posting in the krabby kronicle
Why does SpongeBob get blamed for everything? Empty8/19/2019, 10:31 pm by Patty Sponge

» FORUMOTION LIVES
Why does SpongeBob get blamed for everything? Empty8/19/2019, 9:15 pm by Frank Costanza

» Sean Kingston's Birthday
Why does SpongeBob get blamed for everything? Empty8/19/2019, 9:08 pm by Frank Costanza

» Hey! I can still post here!
Why does SpongeBob get blamed for everything? Empty7/1/2018, 8:52 pm by HawkbitAlpha

» The Lobby
Why does SpongeBob get blamed for everything? Empty12/26/2017, 10:47 pm by SpongeBob’s #1 Fan

» Post Your iDevice's Home Screen
Why does SpongeBob get blamed for everything? Empty12/26/2017, 8:14 pm by TheOpenWindowManiac

Why does SpongeBob get blamed for everything?

+6
NegiSpongie
OMJ
Steel Sponge
tvguy347
Spongedude121
Deli
10 posters

Go down

Why does SpongeBob get blamed for everything? Empty Why does SpongeBob get blamed for everything?

Post by Deli 7/16/2011, 8:30 am

Ever notice that when a popular Nicktoon ends, SpongeBob is to blame? Just because he's the most popular cartoon on Nick now? The thing is, most of these shows weren't 'cancelled'. They had proper endings. Like Avatar and Danny Phantom. I've seen the final episodes, and those shows most certainly weren't cancelled. Avatar had a four-part special that showed the ending and Danny Phantom had numerous special episodes leading up to the end... yet it just wasn't enough for some people (they should just be glad that the show had a proper send-off at all, I know some of my favorite non-Nick shows never did). Just because the show stops airing on a channel, it doesn't mean it's cancelled. It just means that it's a) been finished or b) it was time to let go. That's the best thing about cartoons. You know when to let go. Me? I let go of CatDog years ago. But that doesn't mean I don't miss it. I learned to move on. I knew that if they made new episodes, they wouldn't match up to the original. All cartoons have to come to an end.

Another issue is Invader Zim. There are a lot of IZ fantards on the internet. And a lot of those tards blame SpongeBob. If I remember correctly, they didn't want to continue Invader Zim because series creator Jhonen Vasquez produced an image of a bloody GIR for a future episode (correct me if I'm wrong, hardcore Head Pigeons). I don't remember if that's the reason, but I know it wasn't due to the popularity of The Bob. I think that the main reasons why people think this way are:

1. SpongeBob is a worldwide phenomenon.
2. It's one of the longest running Nicktoons in history, running longer than the once TV mega-titan franchise Rugrats as of 2010.
3. SpongeBob is extremely popular.
4. Many people believe that the quality of episodes have gone down (I don't know why they've considered this a reason, but I've found it in a lot of anti-SB rants).

What do you guys think?
Deli
Deli
Community Spotlight
Community Spotlight

Browser : Internet Explorer
Doubloons : 31198

http://www.spongebobxsandy.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Why does SpongeBob get blamed for everything? Empty Re: Why does SpongeBob get blamed for everything?

Post by Spongedude121 7/16/2011, 10:46 am

Because some people can get so obsessed with whatever Nicktoon that when it ends, proper or canceled, they try to blame something else and choose to not face the facts, and who else will they blame but one of the most popular Nicktoons alive, SpongeBob?
Spongedude121
Spongedude121
Customers
Customers

Browser : Chrome
Doubloons : 24161

Back to top Go down

Why does SpongeBob get blamed for everything? Empty Re: Why does SpongeBob get blamed for everything?

Post by tvguy347 7/16/2011, 10:56 am

I agree with this. Spongebob MUST be blamed for the endings of other shows; I can see why people could think that though, just because Spongebob probably does have the highest priority on Nickelodeon.

BTW, what was that that happened with the blood GIR? o.o

Doubloon #8:

Why does SpongeBob get blamed for everything? LLbjjIr
tvguy347
tvguy347
Cashiers
Cashiers

Browser : Safari
Doubloons : 42410

Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Sponge 7/16/2011, 11:34 am

You made a really good point Deli.
Steel Sponge
Steel Sponge
Fry Cooks
Fry Cooks

Doubloons : 37589

Back to top Go down

Post by Deli 7/16/2011, 11:38 am

tvguy347 wrote:I agree with this. Spongebob MUST be blamed for the endings of other shows; I can see why people could think that though, just because Spongebob probably does have the highest priority on Nickelodeon.

BTW, what was that that happened with the blood GIR? o.o

I'm not even sure if the bloody GIR thing is true, it's on the IZ wiki. But the picture does exist and it does look like official artwork. I read a really good rant about something almost like this that provided proof that Jhonen Vasquez hates a lot of stuff the IZ fan community does. He doesn't even want to continue the show.
Deli
Deli
Community Spotlight
Community Spotlight

Doubloons : 31198

http://www.spongebobxsandy.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by OMJ 7/16/2011, 12:13 pm

He still inserted the Bloody GIR image in a select few episodes. It's hidden, though, so you have to take the time to find it.

On-topic: Haters gonna hate.
OMJ
OMJ
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

Doubloons : 27701

Back to top Go down

Post by tvguy347 7/16/2011, 12:23 pm

Yeah, I just read about it on the Wiki. Really interesting stuff, although I'm not sure WHY he wanted a bloody GIR... seems kind of disturbing, even for a kid/adult show. Why'd he want it in the first place?
tvguy347
tvguy347
Cashiers
Cashiers

Back to top Go down

Post by NegiSpongie 7/16/2011, 11:41 pm

I agree with this. It angers me how many people blame SpongeBob for other shows' cancellation just because Nick gives it the most attention because of it's popularity, especially when it comes to Jimmy Neutron and Danny Phantom.
I agree that those shows shouldn't have been cancelled, but they blame poor SpongeBob instead of the monkeys that run the network.

And Invader Zim wasn't cancelled because of Bloody GIR (it's still in the show if you look hard enough. I've found one!). No one knows the exact reason, but it could've been that it was too violent for a kid's show.
NegiSpongie
NegiSpongie
Customers
Customers

Doubloons : 25890

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1063319/SOLmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by storytime7 7/17/2011, 1:21 am

NegiSpongie wrote:And Invader Zim wasn't cancelled because of Bloody GIR (it's still in the show if you look hard enough. I've found one!). No one knows the exact reason, but it could've been that it was too violent for a kid's show.

The one in "Mortos Der Soulstealer" is actually quite obvious compared to finding the others (which I have seen as well.) Also, I don't understand how it was too violent for a show that was never appropriate for kids in the first place. Silly Face!
storytime7
storytime7
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

Doubloons : 24873

Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Sponge 7/17/2011, 1:37 am

When I was a child growing up, I honestly had no interest in Invader Zim, but then I noticed how popular it was later on...I've only watched a few episodes, and I find Invader Zim alright, though the fanbase is eh...

Oh, and back on-topic, I still don't think Spongebob should be blamed for that stuff.
Steel Sponge
Steel Sponge
Fry Cooks
Fry Cooks

Doubloons : 37589

Back to top Go down

Post by NegiSpongie 7/17/2011, 10:06 pm

storytime7 wrote:
NegiSpongie wrote:And Invader Zim wasn't cancelled because of Bloody GIR (it's still in the show if you look hard enough. I've found one!). No one knows the exact reason, but it could've been that it was too violent for a kid's show.

The one in "Mortos Der Soulstealer" is actually quite obvious compared to finding the others (which I have seen as well.) Also, I don't understand how it was too violent for a show that was never appropriate for kids in the first place. Why does SpongeBob get blamed for everything? 428899
By violent, if you look at episodes like "Best Friends" and "Dark Harvest", it really is not a show for kids yet aired on a network for kids.
NegiSpongie
NegiSpongie
Customers
Customers

Back to top Go down

Post by tvguy347 7/17/2011, 10:18 pm

Steel Sponge wrote:When I was a child growing up, I honestly had no interest in Invader Zim, but then I noticed how popular it was later on...I've only watched a few episodes, and I find Invader Zim alright, though the fanbase is eh...

Oh, and back on-topic, I still don't think Spongebob should be blamed for that stuff.

I still have no interest in Invader Zim. =D
tvguy347
tvguy347
Cashiers
Cashiers

Back to top Go down

Post by SpongeSebastian 7/19/2011, 2:13 pm

I heard the reason Invader ZIM was cancelled was because the show's ratings weren't satisfying its budget and the network's demographics. Then again, I also heard that it was because the network had distaste for it after 9/11 happened.

Anyway, I think the real reason why people blame SpongeBob for the cancellation of their favorite Nick shows is because Nick has had a tendency to air SpongeBob "all the time." For example, during the last year of Avatar: The Last Airbender's run, Nick was barely airing any Avatar reruns and was running multiple SB marathons on a daily basis. Therefore, many Avatards got annoyed and took revenge by trolling the SB forums at TV.com.
Since Danny Phantom and Avatar, there hasn't really been another cartoon on Nick that has developed a cult following so strong that it declares war on SpongeBob. Also, I've noticed that Nick has been cutting back on the SB reruns lately, so I guess this "blame SpongeBob" topic is old news.

I mean, can't TV shows just peacefully coexist? Silly Face!
SpongeSebastian
SpongeSebastian
Cashiers
Cashiers

Browser : Firefox
Doubloons : 27142

http://www.tv.com/users/SpongeSebastian/profile.php

Back to top Go down

Post by SBRoxMan 7/20/2011, 11:39 am

I've gotta admit that it's annoying that people blame SpongeBob. Some just don't face the fact that many cartoons don't really last that long, and they'll blame SpongeBob just because it's always been popular and still running.
SBRoxMan
SBRoxMan
Customers
Customers

Doubloons : 23783

http://spongevideos.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Clappy 7/20/2011, 11:45 am

SBRoxMan wrote:I've gotta admit that it's annoying that people blame SpongeBob. Some just don't face the fact that many cartoons don't really last that long, and they'll blame SpongeBob just because it's always been popular and still running.
This....and most of the other explanations sum up my feelings about this. People are just jealous that SpongeBob has been going on for eleven years, while other shows usually have around a four year cycle.
Clappy
Clappy
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

Doubloons : 49161

Back to top Go down

Post by NegiSpongie 7/20/2011, 6:20 pm

True I loved Avatar and Danny Phantom a whole heck of a lot just as much as SpongeBob.
But what most people don't get is that Avatar ended because, well...it was the end. And what really ticked DP fans off was that even when Danny Phantom was going strong and was widely popular, Nickelodeon chose to cancel it even though there was still so much that the creator wanted to do for the show and like stated before, the show was popular in the ratings.
And like SpongeSebastion said before, they aired SpongeBob all the time and Danny Phantom hardly ever aired after that. So now the DP fans blame SpongeBob for hogging the spotlight of what they think should've been Danny Phantom. I remember going onto the DP boards and reading some people post that SpongeBob should die and how it's nothing but a cash cow. That really upset me to read that. I love Danny Phantom too, and it was hurtful to hear other fans say that about the other show I love: SpongeBob.
What people really should be blaming is the network Nickelodeon since they chose to cancel Danny Phantom and chose to air SpongeBob a lot. I'm not saying blame Danny Phantom or blame SpongeBob, only that the network is the one who calls the shots and that the shows on it shouldn't be the ones blamed.
NegiSpongie
NegiSpongie
Customers
Customers

Back to top Go down

Post by OMJ 7/20/2011, 6:26 pm

Avatars should be happy knowing a new series is starting up soon. I've been amongst both the Avatar and Danny Phantom communities and most of the ones who blame SB are just the immature denominators that gives a casual fan like me a bad name.
OMJ
OMJ
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

Doubloons : 27701

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down