SBC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Translator
Our Affiliates
Click the image to enter our affiliate's sites!
SpongeHolly's Spongebobness.com The Spyro series Hollyturneraffiliate
Community Spotlight
Community Spotlight for August 2011 is...
Deli!
The Spyro series 106-51
Posts and Members
We've hit 500 members!
SBC News
What's New? Currently.... SBC has hit over 500 members! This is great news for us, and hopefully we'll be getting to 600 members soon. Also, a brand new contest is going on. The first 5 users to find a golden ticket hidden somewhere on the forum, will get early access to v7! Congratulations to SOF who was the first person to find the ticket. Remember - use your heads! There are only 3 spots left. See the "Lost Temple" announcement on the homepage for more. Speaking of contests, don't forget to participate in our other contest to put a funny, original caption on an image. The winner will receive 1000 doubloons. In the future... SBC will be moving to vBulletin on August 26th, 2011. This will also be the launch of v7. We had a good time on forumotion, but it is time for us to move. Stay tuned for more!
Richest Users
UPDATED 1.) that70sguy92 (Net Worth: 40817) 2.) Clappy (Net Worth: 25979) 3.) Wumbology (Net Worth: 23558) 4.) jjsthekid (Net Worth: 19850) 5.) Jelly (Net Worth: 19621) 6). tvguy347 (Net Worth: 19142) 7.) Steel Sponge (Net Worth: 14322) 8.) Metal Snake (Net Worth: 13624) 9.) SOF (Net Worth: 12247) 10.) teenj12 (Net Worth: 11163)
SpongeBob News
A brand new DVD named "SpongeBob's Runaway Roadtrip" will be released September 20th, 2011!
Latest topics
» Best Song Ever contest
The Spyro series Empty8/31/2019, 7:31 pm by Frank Costanza

» Very important reminder!
The Spyro series Empty8/19/2019, 10:40 pm by Patty Sponge

» my sbc fantasy
The Spyro series Empty8/19/2019, 10:35 pm by Patty Sponge

» hahahahahaha i'm posting in the krabby kronicle
The Spyro series Empty8/19/2019, 10:31 pm by Patty Sponge

» FORUMOTION LIVES
The Spyro series Empty8/19/2019, 9:15 pm by Frank Costanza

» Sean Kingston's Birthday
The Spyro series Empty8/19/2019, 9:08 pm by Frank Costanza

» Hey! I can still post here!
The Spyro series Empty7/1/2018, 8:52 pm by HawkbitAlpha

» The Lobby
The Spyro series Empty12/26/2017, 10:47 pm by SpongeBob’s #1 Fan

» Post Your iDevice's Home Screen
The Spyro series Empty12/26/2017, 8:14 pm by TheOpenWindowManiac

The Spyro series

+6
Metal Snake
Clappy
ExKizuna
NegiSpongie
OMJ
Steel Sponge
10 posters

Go down

The Spyro series Empty The Spyro series

Post by Steel Sponge 7/3/2011, 1:05 am

We all know what goes on...the first three Spyro games were beast, and I adore them. Then Playstation 2 was taking over, and started off with Legend of the Dragonfly. To be honest, I kinda like LotD. Then came A Hero's Tail, I though it was eh. Then the Legend of Spyro series/reboot, I hated it. Then the upcoming Skylanders, by the talentless money loving Activision who seem to give no damn about Spyro, but gave a damn about figurines, and decided to fuck up Spyro like I never imagined. So in the end, I'm not looking forward to Skylanders...and I ask one question, WHAT HAVE THEY DONE TO YOU SPYRO?!

Anyways, I still love Spyro, but his business with the other companies should've been done a whole LOT better. Discuss.
Steel Sponge
Steel Sponge
Fry Cooks
Fry Cooks

Browser : Chrome
Doubloons : 37659

Back to top Go down

The Spyro series Empty Re: The Spyro series

Post by OMJ 7/3/2011, 1:35 am

I loved Enter the Dragonfly, it was probably the last good Spyro game made. I have all the Spyro classics on PS1 downloaded on my PSP. A Hero's Tail was just a mess, to the point where Spyro himself irritated the hell outta me as the game went on. They could've done a much better job for a Spyro/Crash Bandicoot crossover. The finished product they gave was just not up to expectations. The Legend of Spyro series was just bland and generic with it's storylines, but I enjoyed playing them more than a Heroes Tail. Now this Skylanders crap, you can just tell they're just in it for the money. It barely feels like a Spyro game, and you probably wouldn't be able to tell it was a Spyro if "Spyro" wasn't in the title. They should just leave the purple dragon alone.
OMJ
OMJ
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

Browser : Safari
Doubloons : 27771

Back to top Go down

Post by NegiSpongie 7/3/2011, 1:48 am

I loved the Spyro series. I played the very first game and Year of the Dragon.
I also played the Spyro Orange and Crash Bandicoot Purple crossover.
I didn't really like A Hero's Tail when I played it.
NegiSpongie
NegiSpongie
Customers
Customers

Doubloons : 25960

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1063319/SOLmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by OMJ 7/5/2011, 3:51 pm

I honestly wish Insomniac will take the franchise back and give us a quality Spyro game. I could say the very same for Naughty Dog and Crash Bandicoot, but the chances of either of those happening are fucking zip.
OMJ
OMJ
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

Back to top Go down

Post by ExKizuna 7/5/2011, 4:35 pm

OMJ wrote:I honestly wish Insomniac will take the franchise back and give us a quality Spyro game. I could say the very same for Naughty Dog and Crash Bandicoot, but the chances of either of those happening are fucking zip.
Actually, I think they would do that for Crash. But not so much for Spyro because, well, isn't Spyro coming out with a new game? But Crash hasn't come out with a new game in a little bit, so either the series is done, they're making a shitty game, or they're taking their time to make an actually good game. But not Spyro.
ExKizuna
ExKizuna
Managers
Managers

Browser : Internet Explorer
Doubloons : 29067

Back to top Go down

Post by OMJ 7/5/2011, 4:50 pm

ExKizuna wrote:
OMJ wrote:I honestly wish Insomniac will take the franchise back and give us a quality Spyro game. I could say the very same for Naughty Dog and Crash Bandicoot, but the chances of either of those happening are fucking zip.
Actually, I think they would do that for Crash. But not so much for Spyro because, well, isn't Spyro coming out with a new game? But Crash hasn't come out with a new game in a little bit, so either the series is done, they're making a shitty game, or they're taking their time to make an actually good game. But not Spyro.

Naughty Dog has pretty much cut its ties with Crash, so another lameass company will be making a new game, hopefully I'll be wrong once and if a new game actually comes out, but that is some high hope. I'm just hoping Crash will be laid to rest already.

Spyro's new game looks like shit. Won't be buying it or it's money-hungry merchandise.
OMJ
OMJ
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

Back to top Go down

Post by Clappy 8/8/2011, 10:46 am

Well even though its already been said. The first couple Spyro games were pretty good stuff, so I hear. I wish I had the first Playstation so I could actually play those games.

Once I got a PS2, I wanted to give a Spyro game a shot. I started off with A Hero's Tail since I never located LotD. I thought to myself "Why are these games popular?". Then, more and more bad Spyro games were shoved down our throats.

Both this series and Crash Bandicoot, since its been mentioned already in this thread, need a real reboot. Give these franchises to someone who can actually do something positive with them because once upon a time, these were first class franchises.
Clappy
Clappy
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

Doubloons : 49231

Back to top Go down

Post by Metal Snake 8/8/2011, 11:28 am

Clappy wrote:Well even though its already been said. The first couple Spyro games were pretty good stuff, so I hear. I wish I had the first Playstation so I could actually play those games.

Once I got a PS2, I wanted to give a Spyro game a shot. I started off with A Hero's Tail since I never located LotD. I thought to myself "Why are these games popular?". Then, more and more bad Spyro games were shoved down our throats.

Both this series and Crash Bandicoot, since its been mentioned already in this thread, need a real reboot. Give these franchises to someone who can actually do something positive with them because once upon a time, these were first class franchises.

Just to let you know, the PS2 is backwards compatible with the original PS games.
Metal Snake
Metal Snake
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

Browser : Firefox
Doubloons : 36930

Back to top Go down

Post by Clappy 8/8/2011, 11:34 am

Metal Snake wrote:
Clappy wrote:Well even though its already been said. The first couple Spyro games were pretty good stuff, so I hear. I wish I had the first Playstation so I could actually play those games.

Just to let you know, the PS2 is backwards compatible with the original PS games.
Yeah I know. How do you think I experienced the Twisted Metal franchise? Silly Face!

What I meant was that I wish I had one when the Playstation was relevant. I mean I don't know why I never bought any of the original Spyro games, but that whole PS statement could have been worded a lot better on my part. xD
Clappy
Clappy
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

Back to top Go down

Post by OMJ 8/8/2011, 11:49 am

Yes the old PSX days was a great time o be a gamer. I find it hard to believe now that Crash was once the Mario, so to speak, for Sony. Spyro was up in that alley, hard to believe.
OMJ
OMJ
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

Back to top Go down

Post by Metal Snake 8/8/2011, 4:12 pm

Clappy wrote:
Metal Snake wrote:

Yeah I know. How do you think I experienced the Twisted Metal franchise? Silly Face!

What I meant was that I wish I had one when the Playstation was relevant. I mean I don't know why I never bought any of the original Spyro games, but that whole PS statement could have been worded a lot better on my part. xD

Oh, I get it. xP You can still get the Spyro games though. I get games for my NES from either Amazon or the store in my neighborhood that sells old video games.
Metal Snake
Metal Snake
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

Doubloons : 36930

Back to top Go down

Post by spongebobiscool 8/9/2011, 11:55 pm

The old spyro games were better.
spongebobiscool
spongebobiscool
Customers
Customers

Doubloons : 26392

Back to top Go down

Post by OMJ 8/10/2011, 12:02 am

spongebobiscool wrote:The old spyro games were better.
This man speaks the truth.
OMJ
OMJ
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Sponge 8/10/2011, 12:05 am

Okay, so we have spoken the truth about the new games like hundred times, so let's talk about...um...whatever was good in the games.
Steel Sponge
Steel Sponge
Fry Cooks
Fry Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by OMJ 8/10/2011, 12:15 am

I love the gameplay and music. The game wasn't repetitive and the music was easy on the eardrums.
OMJ
OMJ
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Sponge 8/16/2011, 12:15 am

I know this has been discussed a lot, but I'm going to make one thing perfectly clear about Activision: they're just plain dumbasses. Spite the E10+ rating for the upcoming upchuck pile of a game, they don't give a shit about the original fanbase, what they care about for the game is KIDS KIDS THIS GAME IS FOR KIDS WHO DON'T KNOW WHO THE HELL SPYRO IS! As for the hate mail and stuff, it's pretty unfortunate that people of Activision have an oblvious personality. So still, they should put down their Call of Duty games and put in a lot more effort the next time. Enough said, maybe next time, I'll torture myself with playing the three original Spyro games.
Steel Sponge
Steel Sponge
Fry Cooks
Fry Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by ExKizuna 8/16/2011, 12:36 am

Steel Sponge wrote:I know this has been discussed a lot, but I'm going to make one thing perfectly clear about Activision: they're just plain dumbasses. Spite the E10+ rating for the upcoming upchuck pile of a game, they don't give a shit about the original fanbase, what they care about for the game is KIDS KIDS THIS GAME IS FOR KIDS WHO DON'T KNOW WHO THE HELL SPYRO IS! As for the hate mail and stuff, it's pretty unfortunate that people of Activision have an oblvious personality. So still, they should put down their Call of Duty games and put in a lot more effort the next time. Enough said, maybe next time, I'll torture myself with playing the three original Spyro games.
How would that be torturing yourself? D:
ExKizuna
ExKizuna
Managers
Managers

Back to top Go down

Post by OMJ 8/16/2011, 12:38 am

Activision are even bigger idiots for dropping True Crime: Hong Kong right in the middle of development. Fortunately, Square Enix managed to pick it up.

On the subject of Spyro, Activision is only re-branding Spyro and making it for kids because kids are the only ones who will be buying those action figures to import to the game. They just pull the strings on what kids these days love most. I just wish they take Spyro's name out of the title.
OMJ
OMJ
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

Back to top Go down

Post by ExKizuna 8/16/2011, 1:04 am

OMJ wrote:Activision are even bigger idiots for dropping True Crime: Hong Kong right in the middle of development. Fortunately, Square Enix managed to pick it up.

On the subject of Spyro, Activision is only re-branding Spyro and making it for kids because kids are the only ones who will be buying those action figures to import to the game. They just pull the strings on what kids these days love most. I just wish they take Spyro's name out of the title.
Stearo The Sellout Dragon should be the new name
ExKizuna
ExKizuna
Managers
Managers

Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Sponge 8/16/2011, 1:25 am

Okay, so torture isn't a good choice of words, but to at least forget about Skylanders' existance.
Steel Sponge
Steel Sponge
Fry Cooks
Fry Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by Clappy 8/16/2011, 1:49 am

ExKizuna wrote:
OMJ wrote:Activision are even bigger idiots for dropping True Crime: Hong Kong right in the middle of development. Fortunately, Square Enix managed to pick it up.

I lol'd.

Seriously though, those little kids should go to the flea market, buy a Playstation, buy the old Spyro games, and see why the series became famous.
Clappy
Clappy
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

Back to top Go down

Post by storytime7 8/16/2011, 2:02 am

Clappy wrote:
ExKizuna wrote:

I lol'd.

Seriously though, those little kids should go to the flea market, buy a Playstation, buy the old Spyro games, and see why the series became famous.

Or they could buy them on PSN. Silly Face!
storytime7
storytime7
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

Doubloons : 24943

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragiiin123 8/16/2011, 8:44 am

spyro was always terrible.
while you guys were playing spyro the dragon i was playing PARAPPA THE RAPPA (THE TRUE FACE OF SONY)
Dragiiin123
Dragiiin123
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

Doubloons : 24566

Back to top Go down

Post by Clappy 8/16/2011, 11:15 am

Dragiiin123 wrote:spyro was always terrible.
while you guys were playing spyro the dragon i was playing PARAPPA THE RAPPA (THE TRUE FACE OF SONY)
I seriously can't think of Parappa anymore without thinking of this Robot Chicken sketch.

Clappy
Clappy
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

Back to top Go down

Post by ExKizuna 8/16/2011, 3:22 pm

LolPaRappaBeingFaceOfSony. I played both games when I was a young lad, but loved Spyro more.
ExKizuna
ExKizuna
Managers
Managers

Back to top Go down

Post by OMJ 8/16/2011, 3:47 pm

There were four faces of Sony back then. Crash Bandicoot, Lara Croft, the clown from Twisted Metal and PaRappa.
OMJ
OMJ
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

Back to top Go down

Post by JCM 8/16/2011, 10:41 pm

Clappy wrote:
I seriously can't think of Parappa anymore without thinking of this Robot Chicken sketch.

Embedding disabled by request
You fudged up now, PaClappa!
JCM
JCM
Customers
Customers

Doubloons : 26211

Back to top Go down

Post by ExKizuna 8/16/2011, 11:20 pm

JCM wrote:
Clappy wrote:

Embedding disabled by request
You fudged up now, PaClappa!
Watch on Youtube

Nah, there's still that button.
ExKizuna
ExKizuna
Managers
Managers

Back to top Go down