SBC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Translator
Our Affiliates
Click the image to enter our affiliate's sites!
SpongeHolly's Spongebobness.com What would you think if the series ended with the movie? Hollyturneraffiliate
Community Spotlight
Community Spotlight for August 2011 is...
Deli!
What would you think if the series ended with the movie? 106-51
Posts and Members
We've hit 500 members!
SBC News
What's New? Currently.... SBC has hit over 500 members! This is great news for us, and hopefully we'll be getting to 600 members soon. Also, a brand new contest is going on. The first 5 users to find a golden ticket hidden somewhere on the forum, will get early access to v7! Congratulations to SOF who was the first person to find the ticket. Remember - use your heads! There are only 3 spots left. See the "Lost Temple" announcement on the homepage for more. Speaking of contests, don't forget to participate in our other contest to put a funny, original caption on an image. The winner will receive 1000 doubloons. In the future... SBC will be moving to vBulletin on August 26th, 2011. This will also be the launch of v7. We had a good time on forumotion, but it is time for us to move. Stay tuned for more!
Richest Users
UPDATED 1.) that70sguy92 (Net Worth: 40817) 2.) Clappy (Net Worth: 25979) 3.) Wumbology (Net Worth: 23558) 4.) jjsthekid (Net Worth: 19850) 5.) Jelly (Net Worth: 19621) 6). tvguy347 (Net Worth: 19142) 7.) Steel Sponge (Net Worth: 14322) 8.) Metal Snake (Net Worth: 13624) 9.) SOF (Net Worth: 12247) 10.) teenj12 (Net Worth: 11163)
SpongeBob News
A brand new DVD named "SpongeBob's Runaway Roadtrip" will be released September 20th, 2011!
Latest topics
» Best Song Ever contest
What would you think if the series ended with the movie? Empty8/31/2019, 7:31 pm by Frank Costanza

» Very important reminder!
What would you think if the series ended with the movie? Empty8/19/2019, 10:40 pm by Patty Sponge

» my sbc fantasy
What would you think if the series ended with the movie? Empty8/19/2019, 10:35 pm by Patty Sponge

» hahahahahaha i'm posting in the krabby kronicle
What would you think if the series ended with the movie? Empty8/19/2019, 10:31 pm by Patty Sponge

» FORUMOTION LIVES
What would you think if the series ended with the movie? Empty8/19/2019, 9:15 pm by Frank Costanza

» Sean Kingston's Birthday
What would you think if the series ended with the movie? Empty8/19/2019, 9:08 pm by Frank Costanza

» Hey! I can still post here!
What would you think if the series ended with the movie? Empty7/1/2018, 8:52 pm by HawkbitAlpha

» The Lobby
What would you think if the series ended with the movie? Empty12/26/2017, 10:47 pm by SpongeBob’s #1 Fan

» Post Your iDevice's Home Screen
What would you think if the series ended with the movie? Empty12/26/2017, 8:14 pm by TheOpenWindowManiac

What would you think if the series ended with the movie?

+10
person
tvfan95
OMJ
SOF
Fa
TheCharlatan
SpongeSebastian
that70sguy92
Wumbology
talonmalon333
14 posters

Go down

What would you think if the series ended with the movie? Empty What would you think if the series ended with the movie?

Post by talonmalon333 6/10/2011, 3:54 pm

I tend to have some mixed opinions about this idea. On one hand it'd be unfortunate that the series would end after merely 5 years. But on the other, it would be remembered forever for what it was. And that's as a series that never dipped in quality, and was amazing from beginning to end. People wouldn't look back on it as "the awesome series that unfortunately went downhill". Smile
talonmalon333
talonmalon333
Customers
Customers

Doubloons : 25050

Back to top Go down

What would you think if the series ended with the movie? Empty Re: What would you think if the series ended with the movie?

Post by Wumbology 6/11/2011, 6:45 am

It'd be a really short series, but I think it would've been great if it had ended with the movie.
Wumbology
Wumbology
Managers
Managers

Browser : Internet Explorer
Doubloons : 46743
Location : not Gayada... not that there's anything wrong with that

Back to top Go down

What would you think if the series ended with the movie? Empty Re: What would you think if the series ended with the movie?

Post by talonmalon333 6/11/2011, 1:48 pm

Plus, the movie is SUCH a good note to end on. Smile
talonmalon333
talonmalon333
Customers
Customers

Doubloons : 25050

Back to top Go down

Post by that70sguy92 6/11/2011, 1:59 pm

I actually really would have liked that. I don't dislike it now, but then it would be extremely consistent. Of course, people would always have something to complain about.
that70sguy92
that70sguy92
Managers
Managers

Browser : Chrome
Doubloons : 64082

Back to top Go down

Post by SpongeSebastian 6/12/2011, 10:03 pm

I wouldn't have wanted it. Sure, if the show ended after season 3, it wouldn't have any of the lower-quality season 4-6 episodes on its rep, but it definitely would have been forgotten too soon.
I remember back in 2003-2004, I was already starting to get tired of watching reruns of the same episodes. When you think of it, 60 is a small number of episodes for a television series. Eventually, the majority of SpongeBob's fans would probably get tired of reruns and Nick would eventually stop airing the show completely (you've seen what they've done with their other canceled shows).
While the show might have a pretty strong cult following, we wouldn't have the same fanbase we have today and this very site probably wouldn't exist.

I am glad that Nick made the right choice of continuing the series. After watching every season 7 episode, I really think that the show has gotten back on its feet and I still look forward to each new episode, just as I did with the pre-movie episodes.
SpongeSebastian
SpongeSebastian
Cashiers
Cashiers

Browser : Firefox
Doubloons : 27147

http://www.tv.com/users/SpongeSebastian/profile.php

Back to top Go down

Post by TheCharlatan 6/24/2011, 7:55 am

Well, I was looking forward to new episodes of SpongeBob after the movie, but... there were only, like, two good ones in season four, so...

Yeah, if they just cancelled the show after Season 3, it would have all worked out.
TheCharlatan
TheCharlatan
Customers
Customers

Doubloons : 23595

Back to top Go down

Post by Fa 6/24/2011, 7:59 am

I could have lived either way. I still enjoy Spongebob today even though it's not as good as it used to be, although I'd enjoy it being more consistant. Overall, I'd have to say I'm glad they continued the series, even if the series had some low points between the beginning and now.
Fa
Fa
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

Doubloons : 25210

Back to top Go down

Post by SOF 7/4/2011, 1:51 pm

Fa wrote:I could have lived either way. I still enjoy Spongebob today even though it's not as good as it used to be, although I'd enjoy it being more consistant. Overall, I'd have to say I'm glad they continued the series, even if the series had some low points between the beginning and now.
^ that's true, even thought i watched SB sometimes but i still enjoyed watching it.
SOF
SOF
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

Doubloons : 35498

Back to top Go down

Post by OMJ 7/4/2011, 2:02 pm

It would had been a mistake on Nick's part if they had ended it then. Too much money could had been lost had they not capitalized on the movie's momentum. In ways, it was a similar situation to that of The Rugrats when their first movie came out.
OMJ
OMJ
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

Browser : Safari
Doubloons : 27706

Back to top Go down

Post by tvfan95 7/14/2011, 8:22 am

Tough choice for me personally. While I am saddened how the show's reception will be tarnashed by some awful post movie episodes, if it was not still running I likely would not have continued to be active in the SB community for much longer after learning it ended.
Also I'd hate to be a fan of one of those "what if" shows, upset that we never got more than we wanted. Now I can at least be satisfied we weren't robbed of a lot of potentially amazing seasons to follow.
Plus without the post-movie episodes, 3 episodes in my Top 10 and 2 in my Top 5 wouldn't be there.
tvfan95
tvfan95
Customers
Customers

Doubloons : 26201

Back to top Go down

Post by person 8/22/2011, 3:11 pm

well, that depends. if people knew that hillenburg and the old writers were leaving AND that the quality of the episodes were going to go downhill and be like this and suck and not be good, fresh, or classic at all like the first three seasons and if people knew that spongebob's voice was going to be made higher like it is now, then i would have been overjoyed that the series ended right after the movie. but, if we knew that hillenburg and the original writers would have stayed if they continued, then i would have been more than pissed off. but hey, that would have definitely been better than continuing the show after the movie with a new runner and new writers and have the quality of the show decline completely like they actually did. and one more thing. even if hillenburg and the old writers would have stayed but they were still going to change spongebob's voice, i would have also been pissed off that they decided to continued the show, even if the quality of the episodes were still going to be the same as they were before the movie.

Last edited by person on 8/22/2011, 3:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
person
person
Customers
Customers

Doubloons : 25608

Back to top Go down

Post by ExKizuna 8/22/2011, 3:15 pm

person wrote:well, that depends. if people knew that hillenburg and the old writers were leaving AND that the quality of the episodes were going to go downhill and be like this and suck and not be good, fresh, or classic at all like the first three seasons and if people knew that spongebob's voice was going to be made higher like it is now, then i would have been overjoyed that the series ended right after the movie. but, if we knew that hillenburg and the original writers would have stayed if they continued, then i would have been more than pissed off. but hey, that would have definitely been better than continuing the show after the movie with a new runner and new writers and have the quality of the show decline completely like they actually did.
Wait, so Spongebob's voice ruined the show? I lol'd.
ExKizuna
ExKizuna
Managers
Managers

Doubloons : 29002

Back to top Go down

Post by storytime7 8/22/2011, 3:18 pm

person wrote:well, that depends. if people knew that hillenburg and the old writers were leaving AND that the quality of the episodes were going to go downhill and be like this and suck and not be good, fresh, or classic at all like the first three seasons and if people knew that spongebob's voice was going to be made higher like it is now, then i would have been overjoyed that the series ended right after the movie. but, if we knew that hillenburg and the original writers would have stayed if they continued, then i would have been more than pissed off. but hey, that would have definitely been better than continuing the show after the movie with a new runner and new writers and have the quality of the show decline completely like they actually did. and one more thing. even if hillenburg and the old writers would have stayed but they were still going to change spongebob's voice, i would have also been pissed off that they decided to continued the show, even if the quality of the episodes were still going to be the same as they were before the movie.

What's the point of posting if all you ever do is complain about the same things over and over again? And even when you "try" to say something positive about the newer episodes. you throw in the "Spongebob's "new" voice is so annoying that even the decent newer episodes are horrible because of it" excuse.
storytime7
storytime7
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

Doubloons : 24878

Back to top Go down

Post by person 8/22/2011, 3:21 pm

oh i don't know...maybe because someone different makes a post about something relating to my opinions that you call "complaints" every time, and those different people have possibly never heard me say them before? and because i get easy doubloons out of my posts.
person
person
Customers
Customers

Back to top Go down

Post by storytime7 8/22/2011, 3:29 pm

person wrote:oh i don't know...maybe because someone different makes a post about something relating to my opinions that you call "complaints" every time, and those different people have possibly never heard me say them before? and because i get easy doubloons out of my posts.

You state your opinions like they're absolute fact (you even said you were stating the "truth"), when in reality they're just opinions. Nothing more, nothing less. And no, we've all heard you and every other person who despises everything about the newer seasons say pretty much the exact same thing a million times. And if you wanted doubloons so badly, you'd post in more than just the SB forums/Television forums.

storytime7
storytime7
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

Doubloons : 24878

Back to top Go down

Post by person 8/22/2011, 3:47 pm

i know, but here i can get extra doubloons for saying the same thing over and over again in different topics that relate to my same opinion Smile
person
person
Customers
Customers

Back to top Go down

Post by ExKizuna 8/22/2011, 4:10 pm

person wrote:i know, but here i can get extra doubloons for saying the same thing over and over again in different topics that relate to my same opinion Smile
Actually, it's getting annoying and unnecessary. Please post more than the same thing, especially since you're only doing it for doubloons, kthx.
ExKizuna
ExKizuna
Managers
Managers

Doubloons : 29002

Back to top Go down

Post by person 8/22/2011, 4:17 pm

ex, i'm not only doing it for doubloons. i'm also doing it so the different people who haven't heard my opinion can hear it. i should take advantage of that especially because every post about my same opinion is different but not different where it's off topic and i can't say the same thing that the person who made the topic post hasn't heard. and plus i just want to have and save it all under my profile as a part of my post history.
person
person
Customers
Customers

Back to top Go down

Post by JCM 8/22/2011, 6:06 pm

kgr8

If the series ended with the movie, I would be very mad. The show is still awesome and only getting awesomer. A squeakier voice doesn't change squat for me.
JCM
JCM
Customers
Customers

Doubloons : 26146

Back to top Go down

Post by spongebobiscool 8/22/2011, 10:04 pm

person wrote:well, that depends. if people knew that hillenburg and the old writers were leaving AND that the quality of the episodes were going to go downhill and be like this and suck and not be good, fresh, or classic at all like the first three seasons and if people knew that spongebob's voice was going to be made higher like it is now, then i would have been overjoyed that the series ended right after the movie. but, if we knew that hillenburg and the original writers would have stayed if they continued, then i would have been more than pissed off. but hey, that would have definitely been better than continuing the show after the movie with a new runner and new writers and have the quality of the show decline completely like they actually did. and one more thing. even if hillenburg and the old writers would have stayed but they were still going to change spongebob's voice, i would have also been pissed off that they decided to continued the show, even if the quality of the episodes were still going to be the same as they were before the movie.
His voice is almost the same , but if stephen hillenburg was here and his voice was a bit different i would still think the episode is excellent.
spongebobiscool
spongebobiscool
Customers
Customers

Doubloons : 26327

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down