SBC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Translator
Our Affiliates
Click the image to enter our affiliate's sites!
SpongeHolly's Spongebobness.com MAD discussion Hollyturneraffiliate
Community Spotlight
Community Spotlight for August 2011 is...
Deli!
MAD discussion 106-51
Posts and Members
We've hit 500 members!
SBC News
What's New? Currently.... SBC has hit over 500 members! This is great news for us, and hopefully we'll be getting to 600 members soon. Also, a brand new contest is going on. The first 5 users to find a golden ticket hidden somewhere on the forum, will get early access to v7! Congratulations to SOF who was the first person to find the ticket. Remember - use your heads! There are only 3 spots left. See the "Lost Temple" announcement on the homepage for more. Speaking of contests, don't forget to participate in our other contest to put a funny, original caption on an image. The winner will receive 1000 doubloons. In the future... SBC will be moving to vBulletin on August 26th, 2011. This will also be the launch of v7. We had a good time on forumotion, but it is time for us to move. Stay tuned for more!
Richest Users
UPDATED 1.) that70sguy92 (Net Worth: 40817) 2.) Clappy (Net Worth: 25979) 3.) Wumbology (Net Worth: 23558) 4.) jjsthekid (Net Worth: 19850) 5.) Jelly (Net Worth: 19621) 6). tvguy347 (Net Worth: 19142) 7.) Steel Sponge (Net Worth: 14322) 8.) Metal Snake (Net Worth: 13624) 9.) SOF (Net Worth: 12247) 10.) teenj12 (Net Worth: 11163)
SpongeBob News
A brand new DVD named "SpongeBob's Runaway Roadtrip" will be released September 20th, 2011!
Latest topics
» Best Song Ever contest
MAD discussion Empty8/31/2019, 7:31 pm by Frank Costanza

» Very important reminder!
MAD discussion Empty8/19/2019, 10:40 pm by Patty Sponge

» my sbc fantasy
MAD discussion Empty8/19/2019, 10:35 pm by Patty Sponge

» hahahahahaha i'm posting in the krabby kronicle
MAD discussion Empty8/19/2019, 10:31 pm by Patty Sponge

» FORUMOTION LIVES
MAD discussion Empty8/19/2019, 9:15 pm by Frank Costanza

» Sean Kingston's Birthday
MAD discussion Empty8/19/2019, 9:08 pm by Frank Costanza

» Hey! I can still post here!
MAD discussion Empty7/1/2018, 8:52 pm by HawkbitAlpha

» The Lobby
MAD discussion Empty12/26/2017, 10:47 pm by SpongeBob’s #1 Fan

» Post Your iDevice's Home Screen
MAD discussion Empty12/26/2017, 8:14 pm by TheOpenWindowManiac

MAD discussion

+12
Deli
Clappy
tvguy347
Fa
jjsthekid
Wumbology
Elastic Dog
ExKizuna
storytime7
terminoob
♣CF♣
TarterSauce25
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

MAD discussion Empty MAD discussion

Post by TarterSauce25 10/9/2010, 8:46 pm

A new show on Cartoon Network that makes fun of countless movies, shows, and products.
TarterSauce25
TarterSauce25
Customers
Customers

Browser : Firefox
Doubloons : 25689

Back to top Go down

MAD discussion Empty Re: MAD discussion

Post by ♣CF♣ 10/9/2010, 8:48 pm

It's pretty funny.
♣CF♣
♣CF♣
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

Browser : Chrome
Doubloons : 32945

Back to top Go down

Post by terminoob 10/9/2010, 8:50 pm

Hate it.
Hate it.
Hate it.
Hate it.
Hate it.
Hate it.
Hate it.
Hate it.
Hate it.
Ect.
terminoob
terminoob
Managers
Managers

Doubloons : 24135

https://sbcommunity.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by storytime7 10/9/2010, 8:51 pm

Never seen it, don't plan on seeing it either.
storytime7
storytime7
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

Doubloons : 24898

Back to top Go down

Post by ExKizuna 10/9/2010, 8:56 pm

I agree with terminoob, it sucks. Ass
ExKizuna
ExKizuna
Managers
Managers

Browser : Internet Explorer
Doubloons : 29022

Back to top Go down

Post by TarterSauce25 10/9/2010, 10:54 pm

terminoob wrote:Hate it.
Hate it.
Hate it.
Hate it.
Hate it.
Hate it.
Hate it.
Hate it.
Hate it.
Ect.

Agreed. This show sucks major donkey balls. All the jokes are too predictable, or they are immature.
TarterSauce25
TarterSauce25
Customers
Customers

Back to top Go down

Post by Elastic Dog 10/9/2010, 11:40 pm

Like the magazine, but the TV show is terrible.
Elastic Dog
Elastic Dog
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

Browser : Safari
Doubloons : 33179

Back to top Go down

Post by Wumbology 10/10/2010, 9:09 am

Santa Dog wrote:Like the magazine, but the TV show is terrible.
This. Have they done anything other than make fun of black people?
Wumbology
Wumbology
Managers
Managers

Doubloons : 46763
Location : not Gayada... not that there's anything wrong with that

Back to top Go down

Post by storytime7 10/10/2010, 3:15 pm

Okay, so I decided to actually watch an episode on TV. I turned off my TV within 3 minutes. This show is so terrible, none of the jokes are funny, and the animation is horrible. This show is almost as bad as Fanboy and Chum Chum, maybe worse. 0/10 F-
storytime7
storytime7
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

Back to top Go down

Post by jjsthekid 10/10/2010, 3:16 pm

Hate it.
jjsthekid
jjsthekid
Managers
Managers

Doubloons : 43086

Back to top Go down

Post by terminoob 10/10/2010, 3:41 pm

storytime7 wrote:Okay, so I decided to actually watch an episode on TV. I turned off my TV within 3 minutes. This show is so terrible, none of the jokes are funny, and the animation is horrible. This show is almost as bad as Fanboy and Chum Chum, maybe worse. 0/10 F-

It's not supposed to have good animation. They change from each skit to match the theme of it (if they had a constant animation theme, they wouldn't have been able to imitate anime, for example). They use it to make fun of what they're making fun of.
terminoob
terminoob
Managers
Managers

Back to top Go down

Post by storytime7 10/10/2010, 3:45 pm

terminoob wrote:
storytime7 wrote:Okay, so I decided to actually watch an episode on TV. I turned off my TV within 3 minutes. This show is so terrible, none of the jokes are funny, and the animation is horrible. This show is almost as bad as Fanboy and Chum Chum, maybe worse. 0/10 F-

It's not supposed to have good animation. They change from each skit to match the theme of it (if they had a constant animation theme, they wouldn't have been able to imitate anime, for example). They use it to make fun of what they're making fun of.

Yeah, but they can't even do a good job with that. Some shows have bad animation, but can at least make good jokes/parodies, and some shows can't make good jokes but have excellent animation. This show doesn't do either of those.
storytime7
storytime7
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

Back to top Go down

Post by terminoob 10/10/2010, 3:49 pm

storytime7 wrote:
terminoob wrote:

Yeah, but they can't even do a good job with that. Some shows have bad animation, but can at least make good jokes/parodies, and some shows can't make good jokes but have excellent animation. This show doesn't do either of those.

You know, I express my hatred quite frequently, but at least I recognize that there are people out there that actually like the things I don't. You can't flat out say that this show doesn't do a good job at parodying if people disagree with you. If people do like this show, then they're doing something right. A key element to a parody cartoon is parodying the style of animation that show uses (or, when they parodied Glee, exploiting facial features/making caricatures of the people), which this show does well (yeah, I can say that and still not like it; sue me).
terminoob
terminoob
Managers
Managers

Back to top Go down

Post by storytime7 10/10/2010, 3:52 pm

terminoob wrote:
storytime7 wrote:
terminoob wrote:

You know, I express my hatred quite frequently, but at least I recognize that there are people out there that actually like the things I don't. You can't flat out say that this show doesn't do a good job at parodying if people disagree with you. If people do like this show, then they're doing something right. A key element to a parody cartoon is parodying the style of animation that show uses (or, when they parodied Glee, exploiting facial features/making caricatures of the people), which this show does well (yeah, I can say that and still not like it; sue me).

Well I wasn't saying that nobody likes this show. I know some people who actually think it's pretty funny, but I was just saying that I don't think they do a good job at parodies.
storytime7
storytime7
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

Back to top Go down

Post by terminoob 10/10/2010, 3:54 pm

storytime7 wrote:
terminoob wrote:
storytime7 wrote:
terminoob wrote:

Well I wasn't saying that nobody likes this show. I know some people who actually think it's pretty funny, but I was just saying that I don't think they do a good job at parodies.

By saying "they can't even do a good job at that" and "this show doesn't do either of [good jobs/parodies]" without adding "in my opinion" somewhere in that implies that you believe that it is solid fact that this show does not do a good job at parodying animation or making good jokes about what they are parodying.
terminoob
terminoob
Managers
Managers

Back to top Go down

Post by storytime7 10/10/2010, 3:58 pm

terminoob wrote:
storytime7 wrote:
terminoob wrote:
storytime7 wrote:
terminoob wrote:

By saying "they can't even do a good job at that" and "this show doesn't do either of [good jobs/parodies]" without adding "in my opinion" somewhere in that implies that you believe that it is solid fact that this show does not do a good job at parodying animation or making good jokes about what they are parodying.

My bad. That was what I meant when I posted that, but I forgot to add that in.
storytime7
storytime7
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

Back to top Go down

Post by Fa 10/15/2010, 7:27 pm

Crap I think
Fa
Fa
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

Doubloons : 25230

Back to top Go down

Post by tvguy347 10/15/2010, 7:32 pm

TarterSauce25 wrote:
Hate it.
Hate it.
Hate it.
Hate it.
Hate it.
Hate it.
Hate it.
Hate it.
Ect.

Agreed. This show sucks major donkey balls. All the jokes are too predictable, or they are immature.

I remember when Goosebumps used to say "major donkey balls" a lot.... scratcher
tvguy347
tvguy347
Cashiers
Cashiers

Doubloons : 42435

Back to top Go down

Post by TarterSauce25 10/17/2010, 6:15 pm

tvguy347 wrote:
TarterSauce25 wrote:
Hate it.
Hate it.
Hate it.
Hate it.
Hate it.
Hate it.
Hate it.
Hate it.
Ect.

Goosebumps? That show says Donkey Balls? HAHA
TarterSauce25
TarterSauce25
Customers
Customers

Back to top Go down

Post by storytime7 10/17/2010, 6:16 pm

TarterSauce25 wrote:
tvguy347 wrote:
TarterSauce25 wrote:
Hate it.
Hate it.
Hate it.
Hate it.
Hate it.
Hate it.
Hate it.
Hate it.
Ect.

A former member who left about month ago.
storytime7
storytime7
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

Back to top Go down

Post by Clappy 10/18/2010, 12:54 am

I love it! The claymation rocks! The parodies are awesome! Seth Green is a genius.....wait you are telling me this is not Robot Chicken? Then what is this? Oh that's right, this is an unfunny, poor parody, PG-rated rip-off of Robot Chicken.

Sad, I use to like reading MAD magazine when I was younger. This show is garbage
Clappy
Clappy
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

Doubloons : 49186

Back to top Go down

Post by Deli 10/18/2010, 11:35 pm

I saw an episode tonight. There was one segment that raped my childhood and violated my mind...

I will never be able to listen to ''Single Ladies'' by Beyonce and look at Kermit the Frog the same way ever again... THERE ARE SOME MUPPET REFERENCES IN THIS WORLD THAT GO TOO FAR!!!
Deli
Deli
Community Spotlight
Community Spotlight

Doubloons : 31223

http://www.spongebobxsandy.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragiiin123 10/19/2010, 6:15 am

I'm starting to wonder if they evewn watch the shows that there paroding. For there pokemon sketch, They had MAX, from Hoenn, throw a pokeball.
Dragiiin123
Dragiiin123
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

Doubloons : 24521

Back to top Go down

Post by Deli 10/19/2010, 1:58 pm

My view on this show has been ruined forever after last night's episode...
Deli
Deli
Community Spotlight
Community Spotlight

Back to top Go down

Post by terminoob 10/19/2010, 4:32 pm

DEAL WITH IT wrote:I'm starting to wonder if they evewn watch the shows that there paroding. For there pokemon sketch, They had MAX, from Hoenn, throw a pokeball.

Does it seriously matter that much if a parody is accurate or not?

They also had an original character throw out a PokeBall. That's just utter insanity! An unnamed character cannot own a Pokemon! These parodies must be accurate!

Besides, Max = Schoolboy. Ever see the resemblance to that in R/S/E? Or when you were playing the Hoenn games, did you just say "Oh hey, looks like I'm battling Max now!" and then question the logic that followed that because obviously Max cannot own a Pokemon, even though people own them that are younger than him (unless the school children all suddenly became 10 year olds, which would include the pre-schoolers in Black and White)?
terminoob
terminoob
Managers
Managers

Back to top Go down

Post by TarterSauce25 10/19/2010, 7:24 pm

storytime7 wrote:
TarterSauce25 wrote:
tvguy347 wrote:
TarterSauce25 wrote:
Hate it.
Hate it.
Hate it.
Hate it.
Hate it.
Hate it.
Hate it.
Hate it.
Ect.

A former member who left about month ago.

Oh. I see. I was about to ask why a children show said Donkey Balls.
TarterSauce25
TarterSauce25
Customers
Customers

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragiiin123 10/19/2010, 7:54 pm

terminoob wrote:
DEAL WITH IT wrote:I'm starting to wonder if they evewn watch the shows that there paroding. For there pokemon sketch, They had MAX, from Hoenn, throw a pokeball.

Does it seriously matter that much if a parody is accurate or not?

They also had an original character throw out a PokeBall. That's just utter insanity! An unnamed character cannot own a Pokemon! These parodies must be accurate!

Besides, Max = Schoolboy. Ever see the resemblance to that in R/S/E? Or when you were playing the Hoenn games, did you just say "Oh hey, looks like I'm battling Max now!" and then question the logic that followed that because obviously Max cannot own a Pokemon, even though people own them that are younger than him (unless the school children all suddenly became 10 year olds, which would include the pre-schoolers in Black and White)?
I very much matters.
Dragiiin123
Dragiiin123
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

Doubloons : 24521

Back to top Go down

Post by TarterSauce25 10/23/2010, 3:42 pm

I watched another episode of it, a newer episode, and it is still trash. It has some partly funny jokes, but it's just a trashy show you can watch with a bunch of friends.
TarterSauce25
TarterSauce25
Customers
Customers

Back to top Go down

Post by Deli 10/23/2010, 4:23 pm

I'll still never be able to listen to the song ''Single Ladies'' ever again after the latest episode...
Deli
Deli
Community Spotlight
Community Spotlight

Back to top Go down

Post by TarterSauce25 10/24/2010, 2:30 pm

Deli wrote:I'll still never be able to listen to the song ''Single Ladies'' ever again after the latest episode...
Why, what happens?
TarterSauce25
TarterSauce25
Customers
Customers

Back to top Go down

Post by terminoob 10/24/2010, 4:47 pm

TarterSauce25 wrote:
Deli wrote:I'll still never be able to listen to the song ''Single Ladies'' ever again after the latest episode...
Why, what happens?

Kermit sang it while in a leotard, but messed with the lyrics to make it "If you like it you shoulda put some green on it."
terminoob
terminoob
Managers
Managers

Back to top Go down

Post by TarterSauce25 10/25/2010, 9:22 am

terminoob wrote:
TarterSauce25 wrote:
Why, what happens?

Kermit sang it while in a leotard, but messed with the lyrics to make it "If you like it you shoulda put some green on it."

Oh yeah....Cliffordfield....that was fucked up!
TarterSauce25
TarterSauce25
Customers
Customers

Back to top Go down

Post by Deli 10/30/2010, 9:32 pm

I know! I still have nightmares. WHY KERMIT, WHY?!
Deli
Deli
Community Spotlight
Community Spotlight

Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Sponge 10/30/2010, 9:53 pm

Going to start watching it next Monday.
Steel Sponge
Steel Sponge
Fry Cooks
Fry Cooks

Doubloons : 37614

Back to top Go down

Post by storytime7 10/30/2010, 10:03 pm

Watched the first few episodes, and my opinions still haven't changed. It's awful, IMO.
storytime7
storytime7
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

Back to top Go down

Post by Deli 10/30/2010, 10:56 pm

*rocks back and forth on the floor, twitching and curled up in a ball* S-S-Someone t-tell me I'm gonna be okay... someone tell me if they're going to stop MAD anytime s-soon!! Not only did it rape my childhood, but it's just NOT FUNNY. *passes out*
Deli
Deli
Community Spotlight
Community Spotlight

Back to top Go down

Post by Wumbology 10/31/2010, 8:05 am

Deli wrote:*rocks back and forth on the floor, twitching and curled up in a ball* S-S-Someone t-tell me I'm gonna be okay... someone tell me if they're going to stop MAD anytime s-soon!! Not only did it rape my childhood, but it's just NOT FUNNY. *passes out*
Stop watching it if it rapes your childhood so badly. Just a suggestion.
Wumbology
Wumbology
Managers
Managers

Doubloons : 46763
Location : not Gayada... not that there's anything wrong with that

Back to top Go down

Post by Deli 10/31/2010, 10:38 pm

Grim(bology) Reaper wrote:
Deli wrote:*rocks back and forth on the floor, twitching and curled up in a ball* S-S-Someone t-tell me I'm gonna be okay... someone tell me if they're going to stop MAD anytime s-soon!! Not only did it rape my childhood, but it's just NOT FUNNY. *passes out*
Stop watching it if it rapes your childhood so badly. Just a suggestion.

Oh, I only watched that one episode. Other than that, I hate the damn show. I just made it definite that I'm never watching it again. But still, the Cliffordfield ep is gonna haunt me for a while. O_O

And thanks for the suggestion. ^w^
Deli
Deli
Community Spotlight
Community Spotlight

Back to top Go down

Post by TarterSauce25 11/1/2010, 9:57 pm

New episode tonight will paradoy Zeke and Luther. Hope it is acutalley good. Fuck, I hate Zeke and Luther.
TarterSauce25
TarterSauce25
Customers
Customers

Back to top Go down

Post by that70sguy92 11/1/2010, 10:38 pm

TarterSauce25 wrote:New episode tonight will paradoy Zeke and Luther. Hope it is acutalley good. Fuck, I hate Zeke and Luther.
What's Zeke and Luther?
that70sguy92
that70sguy92
Managers
Managers

Doubloons : 64102

Back to top Go down

Post by storytime7 11/1/2010, 10:40 pm

If you guys hate this show, why are some of you still watching it? I can't stand this show personally.
storytime7
storytime7
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

Back to top Go down

Post by that70sguy92 11/1/2010, 10:42 pm

storytime7 wrote:If you guys hate this show, why are some of you still watching it? I can't stand this show personally.
I wouldn't know it existed if not for this topic.
that70sguy92
that70sguy92
Managers
Managers

Back to top Go down

Post by storytime7 11/1/2010, 10:44 pm

that70sguy92 wrote:
storytime7 wrote:If you guys hate this show, why are some of you still watching it? I can't stand this show personally.
I wouldn't know it existed if not for this topic.

I was originally looking forward to this show because some of the writers on this show worked on one of the old Nickelodeon shows "KaBlam!" which was a great show, but this is just....awful, IMO.
storytime7
storytime7
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

Back to top Go down

Post by terminoob 11/1/2010, 11:51 pm

I watch it because either nothing else is on or because I know what to argue about when I say I don't like the show in the least. Instead of having a baseless argument, I can actually explain why I don't like the show using examples from the show itself.

And because once in a blue moon they actually do something I like.
terminoob
terminoob
Managers
Managers

Back to top Go down

Post by storytime7 11/2/2010, 12:03 am

terminoob wrote:

I watch it because either nothing else is on or because I know what to argue about when I say I don't like the show in the least. Instead of having a baseless argument, I can actually explain why I don't like the show using examples from the show itself.

And because once in a blue moon they actually do something I like.

I watched the first 5 episodes just to say that I gave it a chance, and yeah so that I know what i'm talking about when I say I dislike the show. The only thing I sorta like about this show is the "Spy vs. Spy" shorts.
storytime7
storytime7
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Sponge 12/27/2010, 10:19 pm

I watched four of their episodes tonight. They sucked.
Steel Sponge
Steel Sponge
Fry Cooks
Fry Cooks

Doubloons : 37614

Back to top Go down

Post by SpongeSebastian 12/27/2010, 10:32 pm

I saw a few episodes, and it's an okay show. Their parodies probably aren't the funniest, but at least it's something to watch when nothing else is on.
SpongeSebastian
SpongeSebastian
Cashiers
Cashiers

Doubloons : 27167

http://www.tv.com/users/SpongeSebastian/profile.php

Back to top Go down

Post by ExKizuna 12/28/2010, 2:00 pm

Okay, I hate Mad. I said this. But there was a sketch I actually liked.

I don't know what episode it was from, but the sketch was about phobias, and one was "Legaphobia = The fear that the person that pilots your leg won't show up today" and then shows Voltron with the blue lion missing HAHA

Oh yeah, and I love the spy vs spy sketches.
ExKizuna
ExKizuna
Managers
Managers

Doubloons : 29022

Back to top Go down

Post by that70sguy92 12/28/2010, 9:35 pm

I watched their Glee sketch and it seems they've never watched Glee at all.
that70sguy92
that70sguy92
Managers
Managers

Back to top Go down

Post by tvguy347 12/29/2010, 2:15 am

Anyway, this show is terrible. Nothing can change that. Silly Face!
tvguy347
tvguy347
Cashiers
Cashiers

Doubloons : 42435

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next