SBC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Translator
Our Affiliates
Click the image to enter our affiliate's sites!
SpongeHolly's Spongebobness.com The Weekly Video Game Review with Fa Hollyturneraffiliate
Community Spotlight
Community Spotlight for August 2011 is...
Deli!
The Weekly Video Game Review with Fa 106-51
Posts and Members
We've hit 500 members!
SBC News
What's New? Currently.... SBC has hit over 500 members! This is great news for us, and hopefully we'll be getting to 600 members soon. Also, a brand new contest is going on. The first 5 users to find a golden ticket hidden somewhere on the forum, will get early access to v7! Congratulations to SOF who was the first person to find the ticket. Remember - use your heads! There are only 3 spots left. See the "Lost Temple" announcement on the homepage for more. Speaking of contests, don't forget to participate in our other contest to put a funny, original caption on an image. The winner will receive 1000 doubloons. In the future... SBC will be moving to vBulletin on August 26th, 2011. This will also be the launch of v7. We had a good time on forumotion, but it is time for us to move. Stay tuned for more!
Richest Users
UPDATED 1.) that70sguy92 (Net Worth: 40817) 2.) Clappy (Net Worth: 25979) 3.) Wumbology (Net Worth: 23558) 4.) jjsthekid (Net Worth: 19850) 5.) Jelly (Net Worth: 19621) 6). tvguy347 (Net Worth: 19142) 7.) Steel Sponge (Net Worth: 14322) 8.) Metal Snake (Net Worth: 13624) 9.) SOF (Net Worth: 12247) 10.) teenj12 (Net Worth: 11163)
SpongeBob News
A brand new DVD named "SpongeBob's Runaway Roadtrip" will be released September 20th, 2011!
Latest topics
» Best Song Ever contest
The Weekly Video Game Review with Fa Empty8/31/2019, 7:31 pm by Frank Costanza

» Very important reminder!
The Weekly Video Game Review with Fa Empty8/19/2019, 10:40 pm by Patty Sponge

» my sbc fantasy
The Weekly Video Game Review with Fa Empty8/19/2019, 10:35 pm by Patty Sponge

» hahahahahaha i'm posting in the krabby kronicle
The Weekly Video Game Review with Fa Empty8/19/2019, 10:31 pm by Patty Sponge

» FORUMOTION LIVES
The Weekly Video Game Review with Fa Empty8/19/2019, 9:15 pm by Frank Costanza

» Sean Kingston's Birthday
The Weekly Video Game Review with Fa Empty8/19/2019, 9:08 pm by Frank Costanza

» Hey! I can still post here!
The Weekly Video Game Review with Fa Empty7/1/2018, 8:52 pm by HawkbitAlpha

» The Lobby
The Weekly Video Game Review with Fa Empty12/26/2017, 10:47 pm by SpongeBob’s #1 Fan

» Post Your iDevice's Home Screen
The Weekly Video Game Review with Fa Empty12/26/2017, 8:14 pm by TheOpenWindowManiac

The Weekly Video Game Review with Fa

3 posters

Go down

The Weekly Video Game Review with Fa Empty The Weekly Video Game Review with Fa

Post by Fa 8/16/2011, 5:33 pm

Yep, fa reviews video games, both new and old. First review occurs tonight/tomorrow.
Fa
Fa
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

Browser : Chrome
Doubloons : 25155

Back to top Go down

The Weekly Video Game Review with Fa Empty Re: The Weekly Video Game Review with Fa

Post by Clappy 8/16/2011, 5:37 pm

Hmm I might have an idea of what game it is if your past couple avatars are a give away. Silly Face!
Clappy
Clappy
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

Browser : Internet Explorer
Doubloons : 49111

Back to top Go down

The Weekly Video Game Review with Fa Empty Re: The Weekly Video Game Review with Fa

Post by Fa 8/16/2011, 6:13 pm

And this week's reviewed game is....

The Weekly Video Game Review with Fa 630993-588740_47172_front_large

Yoshi's Island for the Super NES, and remade as Yoshi's Island: Super Mario Advance 3 for the Gameboy Advance.

Concept: Babies Mario and Luigi are attacked by evil koopa wizard Kamek, separting the brother's, with Kamek going off with baby Luigi. Baby Mario lands in Yoshi's Island, and the Yoshi's pledge to reunite the brother's and stop Kamek/Baby Bowser. Simple like most mario games, but satisfying enough for a platformer. A

Gameplay: You play through 6 themed worlds ranging from peaceful Yoshi Island to snowy mountains to Bowser's Land. You play as a different Yoshi each level in the worlds, and you carry baby Mario on your yoshi's back. If you get hit, you have 10 seconds to regain Baby Mario as he floats away before you lose him, and a life. The gameplay is very similar to Super Mario platformers, however Yoshi has many things the bros didn't have, such as a hover jump and the ability to eat enemies. So it's more of the great platforming the Mario Bros perfected. A+

Levels: Yoshi's Island features 6 differently themed worlds that grow more and more daunting as the game progresses. Each of the worlds has 8 levels, 2 of which are boss levels (4 and 8 specifically.) The levels get progressively tougher from the gentle easiness and tutorial-like difficulty of Yoshi's Island to the mad dash madness of Bowser's land. The boss battles are stellar and inventive always being an enlarged or aggravated version of a monster seen in the level/world. Basically, the levels are continually fresh and keep players entertained throughout. A

Soundtrack: As per usual, Yoshi's Island has a great sound track for each world and boss battles,usually to flavor the already rich world. A+

Conclusion/Final Grade: Yoshi's Island is another very strong platformer to add to the category of great platformers and Super NES standouts. If you can find the original on Super NES (hard? yes. Impossible? No) or the remake on the GBA, it is well worth the price. A, 9.5/10
Fa
Fa
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

Back to top Go down

Post by Clappy 8/16/2011, 6:15 pm

Super Mario World > Super Mario World 2.

However, SMW2 is still a great game. I am glad that you reviewed that because I could have sworn I had you pegged to review a Pokemon game of some sort. Silly Face!
Clappy
Clappy
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

Browser : Internet Explorer
Doubloons : 49111

Back to top Go down

Post by storytime7 8/16/2011, 6:23 pm

I actually assumed you might review this game first. Silly Face!

Clappy wrote:Super Mario World > Super Mario World 2.

However, SMW2 is still a great game.

I agree with this.
storytime7
storytime7
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

Doubloons : 24823

Back to top Go down

Post by Fa 8/22/2011, 10:18 pm

This week's video game to be reviewed is....

The Weekly Video Game Review with Fa Logo

Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped originally released in October 1998 for the Playstation.

Concept: After being thwarted once again in Crash 2, Neo Cortex's destroyed space station crashes into a mountain, freeing the spirit Aka Aka, the evil counterpart to Uka Uka. Once again, Crash and his sister Coco must collect the Crystals and Gems to stop Cortex's plan using a time machine station to travel through time to collect them. Slightly more complex than the past games, but not too complex. Just right really. A-

Gameplay: More awesome platforming goodness, but refined as usual. This is the first game where you play as someone else other than Crash on certain levels (Coco on a couple throughout and the boss fight against N. Gin) So yeah, it's all pretty much the same good old Crash with new tricks. A

Levels: Each world is a different time period varying from middle ages to Dinosaurs to futuristic instances. Each level is completely new and different, and it really makes an already exciting and fun game that much better. A+

Soundtrack: Each soundtrack has something to do with the world, and it is pretty nice although not extremely awesome. Cortex's final battle theme though is amazing IMO. B+

Conclusion/Final Grade: Crash 3: Warped refines on an already great series and presents one of the best entries in the series, and one of the best games on the PSone. If you can find your Playstation and a copy of this (or buy it off PSN) then I highly suggest you play this awesome game. 9.3/10, A
Fa
Fa
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

Back to top Go down

Post by storytime7 8/22/2011, 10:38 pm

Nice review. That game was awesome.
storytime7
storytime7
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

Doubloons : 24823

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down