SBC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Translator
Our Affiliates
Click the image to enter our affiliate's sites!
SpongeHolly's Spongebobness.com Episode Discussion: New Fish in Town/Big Sister Sam Hollyturneraffiliate
Community Spotlight
Community Spotlight for August 2011 is...
Deli!
Episode Discussion: New Fish in Town/Big Sister Sam 106-51
Posts and Members
We've hit 500 members!
SBC News
What's New? Currently.... SBC has hit over 500 members! This is great news for us, and hopefully we'll be getting to 600 members soon. Also, a brand new contest is going on. The first 5 users to find a golden ticket hidden somewhere on the forum, will get early access to v7! Congratulations to SOF who was the first person to find the ticket. Remember - use your heads! There are only 3 spots left. See the "Lost Temple" announcement on the homepage for more. Speaking of contests, don't forget to participate in our other contest to put a funny, original caption on an image. The winner will receive 1000 doubloons. In the future... SBC will be moving to vBulletin on August 26th, 2011. This will also be the launch of v7. We had a good time on forumotion, but it is time for us to move. Stay tuned for more!
Richest Users
UPDATED 1.) that70sguy92 (Net Worth: 40817) 2.) Clappy (Net Worth: 25979) 3.) Wumbology (Net Worth: 23558) 4.) jjsthekid (Net Worth: 19850) 5.) Jelly (Net Worth: 19621) 6). tvguy347 (Net Worth: 19142) 7.) Steel Sponge (Net Worth: 14322) 8.) Metal Snake (Net Worth: 13624) 9.) SOF (Net Worth: 12247) 10.) teenj12 (Net Worth: 11163)
SpongeBob News
A brand new DVD named "SpongeBob's Runaway Roadtrip" will be released September 20th, 2011!
Latest topics
» Best Song Ever contest
Episode Discussion: New Fish in Town/Big Sister Sam Empty8/31/2019, 7:31 pm by Frank Costanza

» Very important reminder!
Episode Discussion: New Fish in Town/Big Sister Sam Empty8/19/2019, 10:40 pm by Patty Sponge

» my sbc fantasy
Episode Discussion: New Fish in Town/Big Sister Sam Empty8/19/2019, 10:35 pm by Patty Sponge

» hahahahahaha i'm posting in the krabby kronicle
Episode Discussion: New Fish in Town/Big Sister Sam Empty8/19/2019, 10:31 pm by Patty Sponge

» FORUMOTION LIVES
Episode Discussion: New Fish in Town/Big Sister Sam Empty8/19/2019, 9:15 pm by Frank Costanza

» Sean Kingston's Birthday
Episode Discussion: New Fish in Town/Big Sister Sam Empty8/19/2019, 9:08 pm by Frank Costanza

» Hey! I can still post here!
Episode Discussion: New Fish in Town/Big Sister Sam Empty7/1/2018, 8:52 pm by HawkbitAlpha

» The Lobby
Episode Discussion: New Fish in Town/Big Sister Sam Empty12/26/2017, 10:47 pm by SpongeBob’s #1 Fan

» Post Your iDevice's Home Screen
Episode Discussion: New Fish in Town/Big Sister Sam Empty12/26/2017, 8:14 pm by TheOpenWindowManiac

Episode Discussion: New Fish in Town/Big Sister Sam

+14
♣CF♣
Pakasa43
CDCB
tvguy347
storytime7
SpongeSebastian
TarterSauce25
Steel Sponge
BeachBob95
Clappy
Wumbology
NegiSpongie
Jelly
jjsthekid
18 posters

Go down

Which was Better?

Episode Discussion: New Fish in Town/Big Sister Sam Bar_left60%Episode Discussion: New Fish in Town/Big Sister Sam Bar_right 60% 
[ 6 ]
Episode Discussion: New Fish in Town/Big Sister Sam Bar_left10%Episode Discussion: New Fish in Town/Big Sister Sam Bar_right 10% 
[ 1 ]
Episode Discussion: New Fish in Town/Big Sister Sam Bar_left0%Episode Discussion: New Fish in Town/Big Sister Sam Bar_right 0% 
[ 0 ]
Episode Discussion: New Fish in Town/Big Sister Sam Bar_left20%Episode Discussion: New Fish in Town/Big Sister Sam Bar_right 20% 
[ 2 ]
Episode Discussion: New Fish in Town/Big Sister Sam Bar_left10%Episode Discussion: New Fish in Town/Big Sister Sam Bar_right 10% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 10

Episode Discussion: New Fish in Town/Big Sister Sam Empty Episode Discussion: New Fish in Town/Big Sister Sam

Post by jjsthekid 1/15/2011, 8:25 am

Okay, there was a last minute change with the episode airings. Love that Squid was pulled and an episode known as Big Sister Sam is airing in its place. But oh well, discuss when they air.

New Fish in Town

*Well, it's hard to believe, but I have been writing these reviews for about a year now. Moving on.

*Squidward, stop hitting yourself!

*I can hear you think.

*3 times Squidward's trouble.

*Squidward's To Do list reminded me of SpongeBob's from Something Smells.

*Hello Howard.

*Squidward's perfect match for a friend!

*I just also noticed Howard and Squidward's names sound similar.

*Well, this will be hard to get through about SpongeBob and Patrick.

*Now Squidward, we know that is a lie.

*Landlord Patrick Star!

*The wall of Howard's RV reminds me of Squidward's House. But that makes sense.

*Howard's voice is familiar. But where have I heard it before?

*The fort Squidward built reminded me of the fort he built in Snowball Effect.

*Didn't Squidward use that Bulldozer before? I think it was in Opposite Day.

*Well, Howard turned over to SpongeBob's side. Oh well, better luck next time Squidward.

Grade: B-

Big Sister Sam

*I am sort of upset they pulled Love that Squid, but oh well. Hopefully this will be decent.

*The beginning reminded me of Just like Stupid.

*Sam is Disturbing...

*..and strong.

*Jealousy strikes.

*Now it is a Sand House.

*I sort of chuckled when Sam said," Big Nose no like Sand!"

*Squidward looks like a Poodle.

*Another friend conflict episode.

*Well, they had it coming.

*Squidward uses the same bulldozer in 2 episodes.

*Dang, Sister Sam is a barbarian.

*Bye Sam.

Grade: B/C

Overall: B

Last edited by jjsthekid on 1/26/2011, 3:08 pm; edited 2 times in total
jjsthekid
jjsthekid
Managers
Managers

Browser : Safari
Doubloons : 43066

Back to top Go down

Episode Discussion: New Fish in Town/Big Sister Sam Empty Re: Episode Discussion: New Fish in Town/Big Sister Sam

Post by Jelly 1/15/2011, 5:13 pm

New Fish in Town-
lol..sorry, but I couldn't stop seeing slash in this episode! (slash= gay pairing)
haha, ok, but that's just my sick mind. The episode overall wasn't bad. Squidward was getting annoying at being so, um, obsessesive. A brick wall? really?
But I have to admit I lol'd when Howard started playing with SB and Pat. And the ending, he had all those things in common with Howard but he decided to throw his trailer off the cliff just because he had fun with SB and Pat? tsk tsk, Squiddy, I guess you'll be...
Episode Discussion: New Fish in Town/Big Sister Sam Tumblr_l78294m8hN1qzjimw
I'll give it a B-
Big Sister Sam-
Sister Sam is biiiig, Sister Sam is ruuude, Sister Sam is strooong. Ok, we get it. When it started I thought it was gonna be Squid in Love with a changed name. Glad it wasn't. But not minding much of how disturbing Sam is, this was a good episode. I liked to see Patrick with some sort of sentimentalism, that was sweet. Squidward annoyed me here too, sure it sucked that Sister Sam destroyed his house but he was still too explosively angry, I did like how SB acted towards the situation. But then, she lives and that's it, hm.
B.
Jelly
Jelly
Cashiers
Cashiers

Browser : Chrome
Doubloons : 42916

http://spongefifi.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Episode Discussion: New Fish in Town/Big Sister Sam Empty Re: Episode Discussion: New Fish in Town/Big Sister Sam

Post by NegiSpongie 1/15/2011, 5:13 pm

I liked New Fish in Town. Not sure about Big Sister Sam, I'll have to watch it again to get a real opinion about it.

BTW, I'm new to the SBC forums. I'm sure you remember me from tv.com
NegiSpongie
NegiSpongie
Customers
Customers

Doubloons : 25895

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1063319/SOLmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Wumbology 1/15/2011, 5:14 pm

NegiSpongie wrote:I liked New Fish in Town. Not sure about Big Sister Sam, I'll have to watch it again to get a real opinion about it.

Hey, welcome! SOO Happy
Wumbology
Wumbology
Managers
Managers

Browser : Internet Explorer
Doubloons : 46743
Location : not Gayada... not that there's anything wrong with that

Back to top Go down

Post by Jelly 1/15/2011, 5:22 pm

NegiSpongie wrote:I liked New Fish in Town. Not sure about Big Sister Sam, I'll have to watch it again to get a real opinion about it.

Oh yes, of course I remember ya! Good to see you here ^^
Jelly
Jelly
Cashiers
Cashiers

Doubloons : 42916

http://spongefifi.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jjsthekid 1/15/2011, 6:10 pm

Welcome to SBC, NegiSpongie! But next time, please introduce yourself in the introductions forum.
jjsthekid
jjsthekid
Managers
Managers

Doubloons : 43066

Back to top Go down

Post by Clappy 1/15/2011, 6:12 pm

Welcome! I remember you!

Anywho, didn't catch the new episodes, but the New Fish in Town episode actually looked interesting
Clappy
Clappy
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

Doubloons : 49166

Back to top Go down

Post by BeachBob95 1/15/2011, 6:22 pm

Welcome! SOO Happy

Btw, can someone upload the episodes to youtube?
BeachBob95
BeachBob95
Customers
Customers

Browser : Firefox
Doubloons : 25965

http://tv.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Sponge 1/15/2011, 6:27 pm

BeachBob95 wrote:

Welcome! Episode Discussion: New Fish in Town/Big Sister Sam 125508

Btw, can someone upload the episodes to youtube?

Patience.

Last edited by Steel Sponge on 1/24/2011, 10:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Steel Sponge
Steel Sponge
Fry Cooks
Fry Cooks

Doubloons : 37594

Back to top Go down

Post by TarterSauce25 1/15/2011, 10:59 pm

I loved New Fish in Town, but Big Sister Sam was....I don't know really. I have to re-watch it again....
TarterSauce25
TarterSauce25
Customers
Customers

Doubloons : 25669

Back to top Go down

Post by SpongeSebastian 1/15/2011, 11:59 pm

I loved both episodes! Howard was an intriguing character, and Sam was the perfect sister for Patrick.
BTW, if anyone saw the Nightline feature on the production of SpongeBob (click here to watch it) there was one part where they were showing a storyboard of Sam with a bloated nipple-showing chest, which the censors made them censor because it was "a bit revealing." Just a little interesting sidenote there.
SpongeSebastian
SpongeSebastian
Cashiers
Cashiers

Doubloons : 27147

http://www.tv.com/users/SpongeSebastian/profile.php

Back to top Go down

Post by storytime7 1/16/2011, 12:04 am

storytime7
storytime7
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

Doubloons : 24878

Back to top Go down

Post by tvguy347 1/16/2011, 12:12 am

storytime7 wrote:For anybody in the U.S., these are both on nick.com

http://spongebob.nick.com/videos/clip/spongebob-a-new-fish-in-a-big-town-full.html

http://spongebob.nick.com/videos/clip/spongebob-big-sister-sam-full.html

And I missed them when they aired. Angry

Thanks, Storytime. Silly Face! I'll end up watching them later as I'm too lazy to watch right now.
tvguy347
tvguy347
Cashiers
Cashiers

Doubloons : 42415

Back to top Go down

Post by CDCB 1/16/2011, 9:43 pm

I missed them too, so thanks for posting the links.
CDCB
CDCB
Fry Cooks
Fry Cooks

Doubloons : 28613

Back to top Go down

Post by Pakasa43 1/17/2011, 5:55 am

Anyone has them recorded?
Im not in U.S. so i cannot watch the vids there.
if anyone has it recorded please send me a link to watch it or download it somewhere.
Pakasa43
Pakasa43
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

Doubloons : 24217

http://spongyland.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by BeachBob95 1/17/2011, 7:54 am

Pakasa43 wrote:Anyone has them recorded?
Im not in U.S. so i cannot watch the vids there.
if anyone has it recorded please send me a link to watch it or download it somewhere.

Same here...
BeachBob95
BeachBob95
Customers
Customers

Back to top Go down

Post by BeachBob95 1/20/2011, 4:46 pm

I just saw them on youtube...
Man, that was ...kinda stupid. Sad
I was actually surprised how boring and unfunny these were,,,
Maybe I have to watch them again...
BeachBob95
BeachBob95
Customers
Customers

Back to top Go down

Post by ♣CF♣ 1/20/2011, 5:13 pm

New Fish in Town: This one was definately the better of the two IMO. 8/10

Big Sister Sam: This episode was mediocre. I only chuckled at a couple of moments, but that was it.
Sam's er...rather disturbing. 5/10
♣CF♣
♣CF♣
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

Doubloons : 32925

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabre 1/21/2011, 12:19 pm

New Fish in Town

Episode Discussion: New Fish in Town/Big Sister Sam 300px-New_Fish_in_Town

This was a pretty good episode, though no where near the best of the season. It had an interesting plot, that although not reaching it's full potential, did have some laughs that kept me entertained. Howard was not that interesting of a character although I did find his voice to be pretty funny. The highlight of the episode for me was whenever someone jumped off the cliff they would clap, it was just so random it was funny. I wouldn't mind seeing Howard again to annoy Squidward but other than that there's not much more I can say about it.

Score: B+, 4/5, 8/10, Excellent

Big Sister Sam

Episode Discussion: New Fish in Town/Big Sister Sam 300px-Big_Sister_Sam

This episode was quite unique although I did think it did get a bit repetitive after a while. I liked that Squidward was in character and Patrick realized what his sister was doing was wrong and he told her at the end. I didn't find Sam's design to be that bad or gross but they could of made her look a bit nicer. The over all plot had nothing going for it but they managed to execute it well. Probably in the bottom five of the season but it's not bad.

Score: B-, 3.5/5, 7/10, Good
Sabre
Sabre
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

Doubloons : 28848

Back to top Go down

Post by spongebobiscool 1/21/2011, 5:17 pm

Patrick has a sister???? But his sound is like a guy voice????????
spongebobiscool
spongebobiscool
Customers
Customers

Doubloons : 26327

Back to top Go down

Post by Wumbology 1/21/2011, 5:50 pm

spongbobiscool wrote:Patrick has a sister???? But his sound is like a guy voice????????
I try not to change my signature too often, but you people make it so hard.
Wumbology
Wumbology
Managers
Managers

Doubloons : 46743
Location : not Gayada... not that there's anything wrong with that

Back to top Go down

Post by Doguineta95 1/25/2011, 11:36 pm

New Fish: Good, i liked it.
SisteR: Meh. some funy lines, but that was it.
Doguineta95
Doguineta95
Customers
Customers

Doubloons : 24886

Back to top Go down

Post by thecrad15 4/6/2011, 2:31 am

New Fish in Town: This episode was a classic. I love the running gag at the ending

Score: 7.7/10 B

Big Sister Sam: This episode was good, but was boring at times. I also didn't like the close-up of the dirty nails. It was gross. I can hardly eat for 2 days after watching it

Original Score: 7.3/10 B-

(minus 1.0 for that gross scene)

Final Score: 6.3/10 C
thecrad15
thecrad15
Customers
Customers

Doubloons : 26014

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down