SBC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Translator
Our Affiliates
Click the image to enter our affiliate's sites!
SpongeHolly's Spongebobness.com Movies that you liked or loved as a kid, but got old and eventually grew to realize that those movies are actually bad. Hollyturneraffiliate
Community Spotlight
Community Spotlight for August 2011 is...
Deli!
Movies that you liked or loved as a kid, but got old and eventually grew to realize that those movies are actually bad. 106-51
Posts and Members
We've hit 500 members!
SBC News
What's New? Currently.... SBC has hit over 500 members! This is great news for us, and hopefully we'll be getting to 600 members soon. Also, a brand new contest is going on. The first 5 users to find a golden ticket hidden somewhere on the forum, will get early access to v7! Congratulations to SOF who was the first person to find the ticket. Remember - use your heads! There are only 3 spots left. See the "Lost Temple" announcement on the homepage for more. Speaking of contests, don't forget to participate in our other contest to put a funny, original caption on an image. The winner will receive 1000 doubloons. In the future... SBC will be moving to vBulletin on August 26th, 2011. This will also be the launch of v7. We had a good time on forumotion, but it is time for us to move. Stay tuned for more!
Richest Users
UPDATED 1.) that70sguy92 (Net Worth: 40817) 2.) Clappy (Net Worth: 25979) 3.) Wumbology (Net Worth: 23558) 4.) jjsthekid (Net Worth: 19850) 5.) Jelly (Net Worth: 19621) 6). tvguy347 (Net Worth: 19142) 7.) Steel Sponge (Net Worth: 14322) 8.) Metal Snake (Net Worth: 13624) 9.) SOF (Net Worth: 12247) 10.) teenj12 (Net Worth: 11163)
SpongeBob News
A brand new DVD named "SpongeBob's Runaway Roadtrip" will be released September 20th, 2011!
Latest topics
» Best Song Ever contest
Movies that you liked or loved as a kid, but got old and eventually grew to realize that those movies are actually bad. Empty8/31/2019, 7:31 pm by Frank Costanza

» Very important reminder!
Movies that you liked or loved as a kid, but got old and eventually grew to realize that those movies are actually bad. Empty8/19/2019, 10:40 pm by Patty Sponge

» my sbc fantasy
Movies that you liked or loved as a kid, but got old and eventually grew to realize that those movies are actually bad. Empty8/19/2019, 10:35 pm by Patty Sponge

» hahahahahaha i'm posting in the krabby kronicle
Movies that you liked or loved as a kid, but got old and eventually grew to realize that those movies are actually bad. Empty8/19/2019, 10:31 pm by Patty Sponge

» FORUMOTION LIVES
Movies that you liked or loved as a kid, but got old and eventually grew to realize that those movies are actually bad. Empty8/19/2019, 9:15 pm by Frank Costanza

» Sean Kingston's Birthday
Movies that you liked or loved as a kid, but got old and eventually grew to realize that those movies are actually bad. Empty8/19/2019, 9:08 pm by Frank Costanza

» Hey! I can still post here!
Movies that you liked or loved as a kid, but got old and eventually grew to realize that those movies are actually bad. Empty7/1/2018, 8:52 pm by HawkbitAlpha

» The Lobby
Movies that you liked or loved as a kid, but got old and eventually grew to realize that those movies are actually bad. Empty12/26/2017, 10:47 pm by SpongeBob’s #1 Fan

» Post Your iDevice's Home Screen
Movies that you liked or loved as a kid, but got old and eventually grew to realize that those movies are actually bad. Empty12/26/2017, 8:14 pm by TheOpenWindowManiac

Movies that you liked or loved as a kid, but got old and eventually grew to realize that those movies are actually bad.

+3
ExKizuna
Clappy
talonmalon333
7 posters

Go down

Movies that you liked or loved as a kid, but got old and eventually grew to realize that those movies are actually bad. Empty Movies that you liked or loved as a kid, but got old and eventually grew to realize that those movies are actually bad.

Post by talonmalon333 11/22/2010, 7:52 pm

Often times, when you are a young child, you will like a movie. But if you watch it now, you'll realize that it's just plain bad. Can you guys think of any of those? I'll start.

Movies that you liked or loved as a kid, but got old and eventually grew to realize that those movies are actually bad. 220px-We%27re_Back!_Movie_Poster

I loved the movie before. Now I think it's just plain awful and can't stand one second of it. Shocked
talonmalon333
talonmalon333
Customers
Customers

Doubloons : 25080

Back to top Go down

Movies that you liked or loved as a kid, but got old and eventually grew to realize that those movies are actually bad. Empty Re: Movies that you liked or loved as a kid, but got old and eventually grew to realize that those movies are actually bad.

Post by Clappy 11/23/2010, 1:38 pm

Damn the title of this topic is a mouthful

Anywho, I saw the movie posted below for my eighth birthday. I was so excited to see it back then and I think I named it my favorite movie once upon a time. Then, I rewatched it a few years ago and I realized how terrible it was. Probably one of the worst movies I have ever seen now lol

Movies that you liked or loved as a kid, but got old and eventually grew to realize that those movies are actually bad. Meet_the_deedles
Clappy
Clappy
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

Browser : Internet Explorer
Doubloons : 49196

Back to top Go down

Movies that you liked or loved as a kid, but got old and eventually grew to realize that those movies are actually bad. Empty Re: Movies that you liked or loved as a kid, but got old and eventually grew to realize that those movies are actually bad.

Post by ExKizuna 11/23/2010, 6:27 pm

Ferngully. Just.... Ferngully.
ExKizuna
ExKizuna
Managers
Managers

Doubloons : 29032

Back to top Go down

Post by Wumbology 11/23/2010, 8:08 pm

ExKizuna wrote:Ferngully. Just.... Ferngully.
Wumbology
Wumbology
Managers
Managers

Doubloons : 46773
Location : not Gayada... not that there's anything wrong with that

Back to top Go down

Post by talonmalon333 11/23/2010, 8:37 pm

ExKizuna wrote:Ferngully. Just.... Ferngully.

I have a weird relationship with that one. As a child I pretended to like it. Now I openly hate it. Twisted Evil
talonmalon333
talonmalon333
Customers
Customers

Back to top Go down

Post by Deli 11/27/2010, 1:47 am

For me... meh... probably the Nightmare Before Christmas. It's a good movie, I just don't like it as much anymore.
Deli
Deli
Community Spotlight
Community Spotlight

Doubloons : 31233

http://www.spongebobxsandy.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by talonmalon333 11/29/2010, 6:05 pm

Deli wrote:For me... meh... probably the Nightmare Before Christmas. It's a good movie, I just don't like it as much anymore.

To me that movie is an example of "style over substance". It looks AMAZING, but the plot is murky and the characters are forgettable. Also, the romance between the leads completely comes out of the left field. I will say this though, the music is AWESOME.

For the record, everything I said here also applies to Edward Scissorhands. I'm overall just not a Tim Burton fan. Sad
talonmalon333
talonmalon333
Customers
Customers

Back to top Go down

Post by Clappy 11/30/2010, 12:51 pm

talonmalon333 wrote:
Deli wrote:For me... meh... probably the Nightmare Before Christmas. It's a good movie, I just don't like it as much anymore.

To me that movie is an example of "style over substance". It looks AMAZING, but the plot is murky and the characters are forgettable. Also, the romance between the leads completely comes out of the left field. I will say this though, the music is AWESOME.

For the record, everything I said here also applies to Edward Scissorhands. I'm overall just not a Tim Burton fan. Sad

Fair point, but let me offer you a rebuttal to your claims. Do not take it personally since people usually take my rebuttals personally scratcher

The characters are forgettable? HELL NO! Jack Skellington and company are still a huge fad. Step foot into a Hot Topic sometime and you can probably still find Nightmare t-shirts are something. That movie is a cult classic! The plot is murky? He hates Christmas and plans to steal it. Sounds like a damn good plot to me. The romance does not come out of left field. Romances are always building up in movies from the opening scene. You just have to look for the potential hints.

Edward Scissorhands is also not style over substance. Yes it does have plenty of style, but the substance is just as equal. I mean he is just a guy that is looking for love, but he has scissorhands (hence the title). He is a freak to society, but he is just a normal man like anyone else and he falls in love with his adoptive family's daughter.

As a Tim Burton fan, I love how he is not afraid to take risks while adding in his own twisted vision to his movies. He may be to you style over substance, but I think it is equivalent of both. While I was not fond of his live action Alice in Wonderland, I can't think of any Tim Burton movie I despised.
Clappy
Clappy
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

Back to top Go down

Post by Deli 1/15/2011, 6:58 pm

Clappy wrote:
talonmalon333 wrote:

Fair point, but let me offer you a rebuttal to your claims. Do not take it personally since people usually take my rebuttals personally scratcher

The characters are forgettable? HELL NO! Jack Skellington and company are still a huge fad. Step foot into a Hot Topic sometime and you can probably still find Nightmare t-shirts are something. That movie is a cult classic! The plot is murky? He hates Christmas and plans to steal it. Sounds like a damn good plot to me. The romance does not come out of left field. Romances are always building up in movies from the opening scene. You just have to look for the potential hints.

Edward Scissorhands is also not style over substance. Yes it does have plenty of style, but the substance is just as equal. I mean he is just a guy that is looking for love, but he has scissorhands (hence the title). He is a freak to society, but he is just a normal man like anyone else and he falls in love with his adoptive family's daughter.

As a Tim Burton fan, I love how he is not afraid to take risks while adding in his own twisted vision to his movies. He may be to you style over substance, but I think it is equivalent of both. While I was not fond of his live action Alice in Wonderland, I can't think of any Tim Burton movie I despised.

Oh, I love Tim Burton, and I love TNBC. Just not as much anymore, but I like it. And as for the thing in bold, I think you're confused with the Grinch. Jack loved Christmas and wanted to make it his own.
Deli
Deli
Community Spotlight
Community Spotlight

Doubloons : 31233

http://www.spongebobxsandy.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Clappy 1/15/2011, 11:27 pm

Deli wrote:
Clappy wrote:
talonmalon333 wrote:

Oh, I love Tim Burton, and I love TNBC. Just not as much anymore, but I like it. And as for the thing in bold, I think you're confused with the Grinch. Jack loved Christmas and wanted to make it his own.

Ah shit, I am embarassed for fucking that up..........I am so ashamed Patheticry
Clappy
Clappy
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 1/15/2011, 11:42 pm

Movies that you liked or loved as a kid, but got old and eventually grew to realize that those movies are actually bad. MPW-13108

Used to love it, but grew apart from it after some re-watching.

Back to top Go down

Post by Clappy 1/15/2011, 11:44 pm

Old Man Jenkins wrote:Movies that you liked or loved as a kid, but got old and eventually grew to realize that those movies are actually bad. MPW-13108

Used to love it, but grew apart from it after some re-watching.

Hah! I actually remember that movie! I wasn't too fond of it either
Clappy
Clappy
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 1/15/2011, 11:57 pm

Movies that you liked or loved as a kid, but got old and eventually grew to realize that those movies are actually bad. MPW-33038

Didn't care much for this either as I got older.

Back to top Go down

Post by Metal Snake 1/16/2011, 12:02 am

The Pebble and the Penguin. I liked it when I was six years old, but now I think it's just... a very awkward movie.
Metal Snake
Metal Snake
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

Browser : Firefox
Doubloons : 36895

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 1/16/2011, 12:09 am

Pretty much every Land Before Time film after V rubbed me the wrong way, too. Except maybe the one with Littlefoot's father.

Back to top Go down

Post by NegiSpongie 1/16/2011, 1:31 pm

Recently, I saw the Gumby movie on Netflix. I remember how I used to watch that a lot when I was six. But looking back, I don't even know why I watched it or how I even liked it. scratcher
NegiSpongie
NegiSpongie
Customers
Customers

Doubloons : 25925

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1063319/SOLmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Metal Snake 1/27/2011, 3:57 pm

Another one I can think of is The Secret of NIMH 2. I used to think it was a work of art, but now I realize that it's not in the least bit clever.
Metal Snake
Metal Snake
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

Browser : Firefox
Doubloons : 36895

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down