SBC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Translator
Our Affiliates
Click the image to enter our affiliate's sites!
SpongeHolly's Spongebobness.com What is your favorite film? Hollyturneraffiliate
Community Spotlight
Community Spotlight for August 2011 is...
Deli!
What is your favorite film? 106-51
Posts and Members
We've hit 500 members!
SBC News
What's New? Currently.... SBC has hit over 500 members! This is great news for us, and hopefully we'll be getting to 600 members soon. Also, a brand new contest is going on. The first 5 users to find a golden ticket hidden somewhere on the forum, will get early access to v7! Congratulations to SOF who was the first person to find the ticket. Remember - use your heads! There are only 3 spots left. See the "Lost Temple" announcement on the homepage for more. Speaking of contests, don't forget to participate in our other contest to put a funny, original caption on an image. The winner will receive 1000 doubloons. In the future... SBC will be moving to vBulletin on August 26th, 2011. This will also be the launch of v7. We had a good time on forumotion, but it is time for us to move. Stay tuned for more!
Richest Users
UPDATED 1.) that70sguy92 (Net Worth: 40817) 2.) Clappy (Net Worth: 25979) 3.) Wumbology (Net Worth: 23558) 4.) jjsthekid (Net Worth: 19850) 5.) Jelly (Net Worth: 19621) 6). tvguy347 (Net Worth: 19142) 7.) Steel Sponge (Net Worth: 14322) 8.) Metal Snake (Net Worth: 13624) 9.) SOF (Net Worth: 12247) 10.) teenj12 (Net Worth: 11163)
SpongeBob News
A brand new DVD named "SpongeBob's Runaway Roadtrip" will be released September 20th, 2011!
Latest topics
» Best Song Ever contest
What is your favorite film? Empty8/31/2019, 7:31 pm by Frank Costanza

» Very important reminder!
What is your favorite film? Empty8/19/2019, 10:40 pm by Patty Sponge

» my sbc fantasy
What is your favorite film? Empty8/19/2019, 10:35 pm by Patty Sponge

» hahahahahaha i'm posting in the krabby kronicle
What is your favorite film? Empty8/19/2019, 10:31 pm by Patty Sponge

» FORUMOTION LIVES
What is your favorite film? Empty8/19/2019, 9:15 pm by Frank Costanza

» Sean Kingston's Birthday
What is your favorite film? Empty8/19/2019, 9:08 pm by Frank Costanza

» Hey! I can still post here!
What is your favorite film? Empty7/1/2018, 8:52 pm by HawkbitAlpha

» The Lobby
What is your favorite film? Empty12/26/2017, 10:47 pm by SpongeBob’s #1 Fan

» Post Your iDevice's Home Screen
What is your favorite film? Empty12/26/2017, 8:14 pm by TheOpenWindowManiac

What is your favorite film?

+6
Deli
Doogle.
♣CF♣
Dragiiin123
Wumbology
talonmalon333
10 posters

Go down

What is your favorite film? Empty What is your favorite film?

Post by talonmalon333 11/21/2010, 1:33 am

Rather then just say my favorite, I'm going to give a list of my top 20 favorite movies.

20. Dancer in the Dark
Bjork is an amazing artist, and it's a shame that some people just see her as "weird". But I have to admit that I had no idea she could act. She COMPLETELY blew me away. This movie is unpleasant. Everyone knows that. But it tells an incredible story.

19. The Lion King
Definitely one of the best movies of the Disney Renaissance. Everyone knows how good this movie is. And to those who don't, they probably had no childhood. This movie is so likable. It also has the best Disney music, this includes the songs and the background music. The best song in this or any Disney film is "Circle of Life".

18. Roman Holiday
This was one of Audrey Hepburn's earlier roles, but she's as likable as ever. I also think this is her best movie. This has one of the best endings in movies that I've ever seen.

17. Pinocchio
From the good old days of Disney's golden years. This film, despite being about sixty years old, still looks better then most animated films today. It's also the scariest Disney film, ever. The final act frightened me in my youth.

16. Psycho
One of the best works by who I'd argue is the best director, Alfred Hitchcock. This movie is a legend and everyone knows it. The "shower scene" is also famous. Norman Bates is incredible. I can't praise this enough.

15. Taxi Driver
I saw this for the first time years ago. But I saw it again this year and it's incredible. It really depicts an ugly side of society. It also stars one of my favorite actors, Robert De Niro, in one of his best roles.

14. The Exorcist
Is this movie too much for ya? Well I don't blame you. This is probably the scariest movie I have ever seen, and it's even more scary if you're religious. I have to admit, if I met the actress of Regan in real life, I'd probably be somewhat afraid of her (especially if she was still a young girl, though that obviously isn't the case anymore). It's also one of the few horror films to get so many awards.

13. Scarface
Some may say this movie is totally over the top and over acted. That's kind of the point. People just miss the point of this movie. Also, it may be long, but I feel a film can be as long as it needs to be as long as it's still good. And Tony Montana is an incredible "villain".

12. Raging Bull
Another movie staring Robert De Niro. I saw Taxi Driver before this. Going to this I heard he's even better here, and I had my doubts. Once I saw it, those doubts were put to rest. Simply put, his best role. An amazing biographical movie.

11. Beauty and the Beast
This, along with The Lion King, to me represent the Disney Renaissance. A classic story, lovable characters, wonderful music, and childhood memories makes this a favorite.

10. Million Dollar Baby
A Clint Eastwood movie. And I mean that in every way. He directed it, produced it, wrote it's music, and starred in it. This boxing film is amazing. Hilary Swank is also cute yet great in it.

9. Pan's Labyrinth
Probably the best film of this past decade. I saw this for the first time a few years ago, and thought it was nothing more then "great". But over time I grew to appreciate it. So many people have come up with different theories about the things in it. This movie defines brilliance.

8. Terminator 2: Judgment Day
The best of James Cameron from what I've seen. Seriously, this series has so much heart and is definitely more intelligent then its genre. The two Terminator's are great, but of course my favorite is Arnold Schwarzenegger, one of the best action stars of all time. And I have to say, Linda Hamilton gives an amazing performance as Sarah Connor. The ending is one of the most memorable scenes ever. This movie, just... wow.

7. American Beauty
One of the weirdest films I've ever seen. First we have a married father falling for his daughter's best friend, we have a drug dealer, a family that hates gays, this movie makes you wonder what you're watching!

6. Rear Window
One of Alfred Hitchcock's best, and we all know it. I'd also like to mention that James Stewart is a great actor.

5. King Kong
One of the most important films ever. Just everything about this is breathtaking, from the movie itself to the creating of it. Kong is also a masterpiece itself. The ending is one of the most iconic scenes in movie history. Definitely must be seen.

4. Rosemary's Baby
This is possibly one of the most perfect movies I have ever seen. Mia Farrow, one of my favorite actresses, is so likable here. I want to say so much, but at the same time, so much of this movie should be left unsaid. Just, one of the best endings ever!

3. Vertigo
Alfred Hitchcock's best, simply put. When I first saw it I didn't like it as much as Rear Window. But this is something you have to think about for a while afterward.

2. One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
Do I need to say anything? Jack Nicholson's best performance, and one of my two favorite film performances ever. Also, Nurse Rached is one of the best villains ever. Everything about this is great. It's funny, but in no way a comedy. But then again, we've all seen it by now. Wink

1. Jaws
Again, what more do I need to say? Did I mention above that Nicholson as McMurphy is one of my top two favorite performances? Well, the other one is Quint, played by Robert Shaw. Keeping the shark out for half the movie was a - how do I put it - a "wonderful mess up".
talonmalon333
talonmalon333
Customers
Customers

Doubloons : 25025

Back to top Go down

What is your favorite film? Empty Re: What is your favorite film?

Post by Wumbology 11/21/2010, 8:51 am

talonmalon333 wrote:17. Pinocchio
It's also the scariest Disney film, ever. The final act frightened me in my youth.
Dumbo and his Pink Elephants on Parade would like to say hello. *shudders*

Anyway, I don't really have an organized list, but here's just some of my favourites of all time, in no particular order:

Elf
Step Brothers
She's Out of My League
Up
Toy Story
Toy Story 3
The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
The Breakfast Club
Swing Kids
George of the Jungle
Aladdin
The Lion King
Blades of Glory
Click
Happy Gilmore
Anger Management
50 First Dates
Taken
It's a Wonderful Life
Wumbology
Wumbology
Managers
Managers

Browser : Internet Explorer
Doubloons : 46718
Location : not Gayada... not that there's anything wrong with that

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragiiin123 11/21/2010, 10:11 am

Little Shop of Horrors.
There's a lot more.
Dragiiin123
Dragiiin123
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

Browser : Chrome
Doubloons : 24476

Back to top Go down

Post by ♣CF♣ 11/21/2010, 2:09 pm

All 3 Toy Story movies
Marley & Me
The Spongebob Movie
Both Bleach movies
Bambi

The list could go on forever. Silly Face!
♣CF♣
♣CF♣
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

Doubloons : 32900

Back to top Go down

Post by Doogle. 11/21/2010, 2:55 pm

Toy Story
Monsters Inc.
Madagascar
Airplane
Meet The Robinsons
Doogle.
Doogle.
Customers
Customers

Doubloons : 27316

http://twitter.com/PaperDoogle

Back to top Go down

Post by Deli 11/21/2010, 8:09 pm

Gentile Mordecai wrote:Little Shop of Horrors.
There's a lot more.

Hate to be a bother again, but did you know that Frank Oz was a huge part of this movie? He was the Muppeteer who did Fozzie, Miss Piggy, Grover, Bert, and many others since the beginning up until 2002, when he retired. He's also Yoda. *puts away Muppet knowledge*

My favorite movie would definitely be ''A Goofy Movie'', because I used to watch it ALL the time as a kid.
Deli
Deli
Community Spotlight
Community Spotlight

Browser : Internet Explorer
Doubloons : 31178

http://www.spongebobxsandy.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by terminoob 11/21/2010, 8:24 pm

SHROOMS.
terminoob
terminoob
Managers
Managers

Doubloons : 24090

https://sbcommunity.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Elastic Dog 11/22/2010, 7:59 pm

terminoob wrote:SHROOMS.
The plot is fucking awesome.

I dig the Hellcats and Blade Runner.
Elastic Dog
Elastic Dog
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

Browser : Safari
Doubloons : 33134

Back to top Go down

Post by 4EverGreen 11/23/2010, 4:43 pm

For me, it's the 1939 film called "The Wizard of Oz" by a LONG shot! Cool
4EverGreen
4EverGreen
Customers
Customers

Browser : Firefox
Doubloons : 26483

Back to top Go down

Post by terminoob 11/23/2010, 4:48 pm

Santa Dog wrote:
terminoob wrote:SHROOMS.
The plot is fucking awesome.

I dig the Hellcats and Blade Runner.

Totally. They get high. And then they die.
terminoob
terminoob
Managers
Managers

Doubloons : 24090

https://sbcommunity.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by that70sguy92 2/5/2011, 7:31 pm

The Rocky Horror Picture Show
Across the Universe
that70sguy92
that70sguy92
Managers
Managers

Doubloons : 64057

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down