SBC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Translator
Our Affiliates
Click the image to enter our affiliate's sites!
SpongeHolly's Spongebobness.com Forumotion Review Hollyturneraffiliate
Community Spotlight
Community Spotlight for August 2011 is...
Deli!
Forumotion Review 106-51
Posts and Members
We've hit 500 members!
SBC News
What's New? Currently.... SBC has hit over 500 members! This is great news for us, and hopefully we'll be getting to 600 members soon. Also, a brand new contest is going on. The first 5 users to find a golden ticket hidden somewhere on the forum, will get early access to v7! Congratulations to SOF who was the first person to find the ticket. Remember - use your heads! There are only 3 spots left. See the "Lost Temple" announcement on the homepage for more. Speaking of contests, don't forget to participate in our other contest to put a funny, original caption on an image. The winner will receive 1000 doubloons. In the future... SBC will be moving to vBulletin on August 26th, 2011. This will also be the launch of v7. We had a good time on forumotion, but it is time for us to move. Stay tuned for more!
Richest Users
UPDATED 1.) that70sguy92 (Net Worth: 40817) 2.) Clappy (Net Worth: 25979) 3.) Wumbology (Net Worth: 23558) 4.) jjsthekid (Net Worth: 19850) 5.) Jelly (Net Worth: 19621) 6). tvguy347 (Net Worth: 19142) 7.) Steel Sponge (Net Worth: 14322) 8.) Metal Snake (Net Worth: 13624) 9.) SOF (Net Worth: 12247) 10.) teenj12 (Net Worth: 11163)
SpongeBob News
A brand new DVD named "SpongeBob's Runaway Roadtrip" will be released September 20th, 2011!
Latest topics
» Best Song Ever contest
Forumotion Review Empty8/31/2019, 7:31 pm by Frank Costanza

» Very important reminder!
Forumotion Review Empty8/19/2019, 10:40 pm by Patty Sponge

» my sbc fantasy
Forumotion Review Empty8/19/2019, 10:35 pm by Patty Sponge

» hahahahahaha i'm posting in the krabby kronicle
Forumotion Review Empty8/19/2019, 10:31 pm by Patty Sponge

» FORUMOTION LIVES
Forumotion Review Empty8/19/2019, 9:15 pm by Frank Costanza

» Sean Kingston's Birthday
Forumotion Review Empty8/19/2019, 9:08 pm by Frank Costanza

» Hey! I can still post here!
Forumotion Review Empty7/1/2018, 8:52 pm by HawkbitAlpha

» The Lobby
Forumotion Review Empty12/26/2017, 10:47 pm by SpongeBob’s #1 Fan

» Post Your iDevice's Home Screen
Forumotion Review Empty12/26/2017, 8:14 pm by TheOpenWindowManiac

Forumotion Review

+3
Dragiiin123
SG10
that70sguy92
7 posters

Go down

Forumotion Review Empty Forumotion Review

Post by that70sguy92 6/26/2010, 6:19 pm

Forumotion Review Yourfo10

The SpongeBob Community

Forumotion Review Review12 Congratulations! Your free forum review has been completed. The forum review will hold many tips, suggestions, comments, and feedback that's convenient and voluntary for your forum. Here is your forum review:

Forumotion Review Genera12 Generalities

1. First Impressions (Score: 10/20):
    I'm not a huge fan of Spongebob, but I have watched pretty much every single episode that was ever made, lol... so, this review should be pretty fun to make. Anyway, my first impressions on the homepage weren't that positive. The red doesn't contribute with the main theme of the forum, Spongebob Squarepants. When I see Spongebob in my mind, I see a bunch of blue and a bunch of bubbles, not a bunch of redness. I definitely recommend removing all of the red colors from the forum and change the color scheme to blue. Also, a header background image (the image that's behind the banner) with some bubbles would look pretty great; I suggest requesting a header image here at the support forum in the graphics section. Also, the banner isn't necessarily appealing- the background isn't transparent, the font doesn't seem like a 'Spongebob' type of font, Plankton and Patrick are pixelated, and the banner itself doesn't seem as if it was made professionally. That's pretty much all I have left to say for this criteria.

2. Categories & Forums (Score: 3/10):
    There are many negatives for this section of the review. First of all, Spongebob Squarepants is the main topic of your forum, right? Well, why is the section for Spongebob discussion all the way down at the bottom? I highly recommend moving the entire Spongebob discussion section up further, under the important section where all of the Announcements and such are posted. Second of all, there are WAYYYY too many discussion forums. I suggest that you do some subforuming. I don't want to sit here and discuss everything that's wrong with the arrangement of the discussion forums, but I will give you some suggestions. One suggestion would be to make an 'Announcements and Rules' section for the first category, and merge your current 'Kraby Kronicle' and 'Rules to the Site' sections into the 'Announcements and Rules' section. Also, 'Sandbox', 'Ask the Magic Conch', and 'Tips' could be merged as well since all three of those sections are based on helping new members getting acknowledged with the forum. Another suggestion I'd like to make would be to make a 'Generalities' category where you can have several discussion forums for entertainment & media, general discussions, gaming, and sports. (You can also merge the 'Nautical Nonsense' category with my suggested 'Generalities' category, while subforuming 'Chum is Fum' and 'Little Critters!' into the general discussion forum, whereas 'Off-Topic Lounge' could be substituted. Just try your best to cut down as many discussion forums as you can, and try to subforum as much as you can as well.

Generalities total :: 13/30

Forumotion Review Forums10 Graphic Design & Layout

1. Graphics (Score: 7/20):
    Banner
    As I have stated before in the First Impressions criteria of the review, the banner isn't really attractive. I recommend that you request for a new and much more appealing banner here in the Graphics Design section of the forum.

Navigation Bar
    The forum's navigation bar looks good, but it doesn't contribute with the forum's main layout. Like I have mentioned before, it's recommended that you change your forum's color scheme to more of a blue-ish color, considering that your forum is based on the topic of Spongebob Squarepants.

Forum Icons
    Now, the forum icons actually do fit with the forum's main theme. They look really great, and they contribute with the main topic of Spongebob, since the icons are clams and considering that Spongebob lives in the ocean. I'd like to see mroe aquatic-styled graphics on the forum; it'd help the forum to achieve professionalism and originality.

'Who Is Online?' Image
    The Who Is Online image looks great, but I don't see how it fits in with the forum icons. I know it's beach-like, but it doesn't seem to be animated like the forum icons. I can't really judge the image itself because it looks great, but I just don't see it fitting into the criteria of the forum; it's too realistic whereas the other graphics are more animated.

2. Forum Layout & Colors (Score: 4/10):
    As I have stated before, the forum layout doesn't look all that great. You should definitely change the red colors to blue colors, so that the layout would fit well with the main theme of Spongebob. I'd like to see more beach-lick graphics in the forum layout. Overall, the blue-and-yellow category table images look decent, considering that Spongebob is yellow, as well as the background image (the shore image).

Graphic Design & Layout total :: 11/30

Forumotion Review Usergr10 Usergroups

1. Population of Staff Members (Score: 4/10):
    In total, you have officially 5 administration team members and 3 moderation team members. The idealistic numbers of administrators and moderators your forum should have (considering that there is only 110 or so registered forum membrs) is 2 or 3 administrators and 4 moderators. I suggest removing that70sguy92 from the moderation team since he's already an administrator and adding a new member to the moderation team, as well as deducting 2 or 3 administrators since all that you really need are 3 or 4.

2. Usergroups in General (Score: 10/10):
    Perfect! You have a total of 3 usergroups: the Administrators staff team, the Moderators staff team, and the members usergroup (Bikini Bottomites). A total of 3 usergroups is great for your forum considering that that's all the usergroups your forum truly needs; no more and no less. It'd be alright to add a VIP Members usergroup if you wish to, but it's not necessary.

Usergroups :: 14/20

Forumotion Review Foruma30 Forum Activity

1. Post/Member Ratio & Quantity (Score: 10/10):
    Our users have posted a total of 20298 messages
    We have 109 registered users
    The newest registered user is pixiequeen45
    Your forum has approximately 20,300 forum posts and 110 registered board members. If you were to divide all 20,300 forum posts into each and every one of the 110 registered board members, the ratio would be about 95 posts per registered member. 95:1 is an excellent ratio! You definitely should keep your members coming back and continuing their posting. Great work on the activity!

2. Users Active (Score: 6/10):
    Members connected during last 24 hours :
    Members connected during last 24 hours : dcs01, Deli, Dragiiin123, EsponjadeMar, ExKizuna, PR!(Fanboy Silly Face!), Girlygirl24, Goosebumpsfan2, jjsthekid, Luke_525, NinjaMan552, pixiequeen45, Raya16, Rukia, Sabrespongebob, Santa Dog, SG10, Spongebobs1fan, SpongeOddFan, Steel Sponge, terminoob, that70sguy92, thenavigator, tvguy347, webizoid345, Wumbology
    For a forum with only about 110 registered board members, 26 members active on the forum in the past 24 hours is good, but I believe that your forum could do a whole lot more better. I suggest that you start sending out daily inactive notifications and weekly newsletters to your forum's registered members. That should bring them back to the forum and maintain their activity.

Forum Activity total :: 16/20

Forumotion Review Yourov10
Overall Marking: 54/100
that70sguy92
that70sguy92
Managers
Managers

Browser : Chrome
Doubloons : 63882

Back to top Go down

Forumotion Review Empty Re: Forumotion Review

Post by that70sguy92 6/26/2010, 6:34 pm

Comments on the review belong here, by the way. Not in the Off-Topic forum. Wink
that70sguy92
that70sguy92
Managers
Managers

Back to top Go down

Post by SG10 6/26/2010, 6:36 pm

that70sguy92 wrote:
Forumotion Review Yourfo10

The SpongeBob Community

Forumotion Review Review12 Congratulations! Your free forum review has been completed. The forum review will hold many tips, suggestions, comments, and feedback that's convenient and voluntary for your forum. Here is your forum review:

Forumotion Review Genera12 Generalities

1. First Impressions (Score: 10/20):
    I'm not a huge fan of Spongebob, but I have watched pretty much every single episode that was ever made, lol... so, this review should be pretty fun to make. Anyway, my first impressions on the homepage weren't that positive. The red doesn't contribute with the main theme of the forum, Spongebob Squarepants. When I see Spongebob in my mind, I see a bunch of blue and a bunch of bubbles, not a bunch of redness. I definitely recommend removing all of the red colors from the forum and change the color scheme to blue. Also, a header background image (the image that's behind the banner) with some bubbles would look pretty great; I suggest requesting a header image here at the support forum in the graphics section. Also, the banner isn't necessarily appealing- the background isn't transparent, the font doesn't seem like a 'Spongebob' type of font, Plankton and Patrick are pixelated, and the banner itself doesn't seem as if it was made professionally. That's pretty much all I have left to say for this criteria.

2. Categories & Forums (Score: 3/10):
    There are many negatives for this section of the review. First of all, Spongebob Squarepants is the main topic of your forum, right? Well, why is the section for Spongebob discussion all the way down at the bottom? I highly recommend moving the entire Spongebob discussion section up further, under the important section where all of the Announcements and such are posted. Second of all, there are WAYYYY too many discussion forums. I suggest that you do some subforuming. I don't want to sit here and discuss everything that's wrong with the arrangement of the discussion forums, but I will give you some suggestions. One suggestion would be to make an 'Announcements and Rules' section for the first category, and merge your current 'Kraby Kronicle' and 'Rules to the Site' sections into the 'Announcements and Rules' section. Also, 'Sandbox', 'Ask the Magic Conch', and 'Tips' could be merged as well since all three of those sections are based on helping new members getting acknowledged with the forum. Another suggestion I'd like to make would be to make a 'Generalities' category where you can have several discussion forums for entertainment & media, general discussions, gaming, and sports. (You can also merge the 'Nautical Nonsense' category with my suggested 'Generalities' category, while subforuming 'Chum is Fum' and 'Little Critters!' into the general discussion forum, whereas 'Off-Topic Lounge' could be substituted. Just try your best to cut down as many discussion forums as you can, and try to subforum as much as you can as well.

Generalities total :: 13/30

Forumotion Review Forums10 Graphic Design & Layout

1. Graphics (Score: 7/20):
    Banner
    As I have stated before in the First Impressions criteria of the review, the banner isn't really attractive. I recommend that you request for a new and much more appealing banner here in the Graphics Design section of the forum.

Navigation Bar
    The forum's navigation bar looks good, but it doesn't contribute with the forum's main layout. Like I have mentioned before, it's recommended that you change your forum's color scheme to more of a blue-ish color, considering that your forum is based on the topic of Spongebob Squarepants.

Forum Icons
    Now, the forum icons actually do fit with the forum's main theme. They look really great, and they contribute with the main topic of Spongebob, since the icons are clams and considering that Spongebob lives in the ocean. I'd like to see mroe aquatic-styled graphics on the forum; it'd help the forum to achieve professionalism and originality.

'Who Is Online?' Image
    The Who Is Online image looks great, but I don't see how it fits in with the forum icons. I know it's beach-like, but it doesn't seem to be animated like the forum icons. I can't really judge the image itself because it looks great, but I just don't see it fitting into the criteria of the forum; it's too realistic whereas the other graphics are more animated.

2. Forum Layout & Colors (Score: 4/10):
    As I have stated before, the forum layout doesn't look all that great. You should definitely change the red colors to blue colors, so that the layout would fit well with the main theme of Spongebob. I'd like to see more beach-lick graphics in the forum layout. Overall, the blue-and-yellow category table images look decent, considering that Spongebob is yellow, as well as the background image (the shore image).

Graphic Design & Layout total :: 11/30

Forumotion Review Usergr10 Usergroups

1. Population of Staff Members (Score: 4/10):
    In total, you have officially 5 administration team members and 3 moderation team members. The idealistic numbers of administrators and moderators your forum should have (considering that there is only 110 or so registered forum membrs) is 2 or 3 administrators and 4 moderators. I suggest removing that70sguy92 from the moderation team since he's already an administrator and adding a new member to the moderation team, as well as deducting 2 or 3 administrators since all that you really need are 3 or 4.

2. Usergroups in General (Score: 10/10):
    Perfect! You have a total of 3 usergroups: the Administrators staff team, the Moderators staff team, and the members usergroup (Bikini Bottomites). A total of 3 usergroups is great for your forum considering that that's all the usergroups your forum truly needs; no more and no less. It'd be alright to add a VIP Members usergroup if you wish to, but it's not necessary.

Usergroups :: 14/20

Forumotion Review Foruma30 Forum Activity

1. Post/Member Ratio & Quantity (Score: 10/10):
    Our users have posted a total of 20298 messages
    We have 109 registered users
    The newest registered user is pixiequeen45
    Your forum has approximately 20,300 forum posts and 110 registered board members. If you were to divide all 20,300 forum posts into each and every one of the 110 registered board members, the ratio would be about 95 posts per registered member. 95:1 is an excellent ratio! You definitely should keep your members coming back and continuing their posting. Great work on the activity!

2. Users Active (Score: 6/10):
    Members connected during last 24 hours :
    Members connected during last 24 hours : dcs01, Deli, Dragiiin123, EsponjadeMar, ExKizuna, PR!(Fanboy Silly Face!), Girlygirl24, Goosebumpsfan2, jjsthekid, Luke_525, NinjaMan552, pixiequeen45, Raya16, Rukia, Sabrespongebob, Santa Dog, SG10, Spongebobs1fan, SpongeOddFan, Steel Sponge, terminoob, that70sguy92, thenavigator, tvguy347, webizoid345, Wumbology
    For a forum with only about 110 registered board members, 26 members active on the forum in the past 24 hours is good, but I believe that your forum could do a whole lot more better. I suggest that you start sending out daily inactive notifications and weekly newsletters to your forum's registered members. That should bring them back to the forum and maintain their activity.

Forum Activity total :: 16/20

Forumotion Review Yourov10
Overall Marking: 54/100
Ouch, a 54/100? Indifferent Oh, well, at least we think the site is legit and modifications is always a possibility, as long as teamwork is promoted Wink BTW, who critiqued this?
SG10
SG10
Customers
Customers

Browser : Firefox
Doubloons : 26735

http://www.xat.com/TheChemistsLab

Back to top Go down

Post by that70sguy92 6/26/2010, 6:37 pm

One of Forumotion's official reviewers, Rok.
that70sguy92
that70sguy92
Managers
Managers

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragiiin123 6/26/2010, 6:41 pm

We did well!
Dragiiin123
Dragiiin123
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

Doubloons : 24301

Back to top Go down

Post by SG10 6/26/2010, 6:45 pm

that70sguy92 wrote:One of Forumotion's official reviewers, Rok.
Ah, I just viewed the updated notice Silly Face!
SG10
SG10
Customers
Customers

Doubloons : 26735

http://www.xat.com/TheChemistsLab

Back to top Go down

Post by ExKizuna 6/26/2010, 7:18 pm

Dragiiin123 wrote:We did well!
Yes, yes we did!
ExKizuna
ExKizuna
Managers
Managers

Browser : Internet Explorer
Doubloons : 28802

Back to top Go down

Post by teenj12 7/23/2010, 3:09 am

Im glad this is an active site!54 of 100 aint so bad! Good job!
teenj12
teenj12
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

Doubloons : 34227

Back to top Go down

Post by tvguy347 7/23/2010, 6:38 pm

teenj12 wrote:Im glad this is an active site!54 of 100 aint so bad! Good job!

You realize that that's an F, right?
tvguy347
tvguy347
Cashiers
Cashiers

Browser : Safari
Doubloons : 42215

Back to top Go down

Post by teenj12 7/23/2010, 8:41 pm

TV Repairman wrote:

What? Crying or Very sad O.M.G.
teenj12
teenj12
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

Back to top Go down

Post by that70sguy92 7/23/2010, 9:30 pm

teenj12 wrote:
TV Repairman wrote:

Do you not attend school? Silly Face!
that70sguy92
that70sguy92
Managers
Managers

Back to top Go down

Post by teenj12 7/23/2010, 9:51 pm

that70sguy92 wrote:
teenj12 wrote:
TV Repairman wrote:

I think we disearve a Score Board
teenj12
teenj12
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

Back to top Go down

Post by ExKizuna 7/23/2010, 11:40 pm

teenj12 wrote:
that70sguy92 wrote:
teenj12 wrote:
TV Repairman wrote:

Actually, I agree with the F. Just not for the same reasons, I still think this place deserves an F =/
ExKizuna
ExKizuna
Managers
Managers

Back to top Go down

Post by Wumbology 7/24/2010, 8:00 am

ExKizuna wrote:
teenj12 wrote:
that70sguy92 wrote:
teenj12 wrote:
TV Repairman wrote:

Actually, I agree with the F. Just not for the same reasons, I still think this place deserves an F =/
If you don't like it, there's the big red "x" at the top right corner of the screen.

Btw, just ftr, 54% is a D- in Canada. Silly Face!
Wumbology
Wumbology
Managers
Managers

Doubloons : 46543
Location : not Gayada... not that there's anything wrong with that

Back to top Go down

Post by ExKizuna 7/24/2010, 12:40 pm

Wumbology wrote:
ExKizuna wrote:
teenj12 wrote:
that70sguy92 wrote:
teenj12 wrote:
TV Repairman wrote:

If you don't like it, there's the big red "x" at the top right corner of the screen.

Btw, just ftr, 54% is a D- in Canada. Silly Face!
Wait, really?! BURRIED TREASURE! SOO Happy
ExKizuna
ExKizuna
Managers
Managers

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down