SBC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Translator
Our Affiliates
Click the image to enter our affiliate's sites!
SpongeHolly's Spongebobness.com Well, this is it... Hollyturneraffiliate
Community Spotlight
Community Spotlight for August 2011 is...
Deli!
Well, this is it... 106-51
Posts and Members
We've hit 500 members!
SBC News
What's New? Currently.... SBC has hit over 500 members! This is great news for us, and hopefully we'll be getting to 600 members soon. Also, a brand new contest is going on. The first 5 users to find a golden ticket hidden somewhere on the forum, will get early access to v7! Congratulations to SOF who was the first person to find the ticket. Remember - use your heads! There are only 3 spots left. See the "Lost Temple" announcement on the homepage for more. Speaking of contests, don't forget to participate in our other contest to put a funny, original caption on an image. The winner will receive 1000 doubloons. In the future... SBC will be moving to vBulletin on August 26th, 2011. This will also be the launch of v7. We had a good time on forumotion, but it is time for us to move. Stay tuned for more!
Richest Users
UPDATED 1.) that70sguy92 (Net Worth: 40817) 2.) Clappy (Net Worth: 25979) 3.) Wumbology (Net Worth: 23558) 4.) jjsthekid (Net Worth: 19850) 5.) Jelly (Net Worth: 19621) 6). tvguy347 (Net Worth: 19142) 7.) Steel Sponge (Net Worth: 14322) 8.) Metal Snake (Net Worth: 13624) 9.) SOF (Net Worth: 12247) 10.) teenj12 (Net Worth: 11163)
SpongeBob News
A brand new DVD named "SpongeBob's Runaway Roadtrip" will be released September 20th, 2011!
Latest topics
» Best Song Ever contest
Well, this is it... Empty8/31/2019, 7:31 pm by Frank Costanza

» Very important reminder!
Well, this is it... Empty8/19/2019, 10:40 pm by Patty Sponge

» my sbc fantasy
Well, this is it... Empty8/19/2019, 10:35 pm by Patty Sponge

» hahahahahaha i'm posting in the krabby kronicle
Well, this is it... Empty8/19/2019, 10:31 pm by Patty Sponge

» FORUMOTION LIVES
Well, this is it... Empty8/19/2019, 9:15 pm by Frank Costanza

» Sean Kingston's Birthday
Well, this is it... Empty8/19/2019, 9:08 pm by Frank Costanza

» Hey! I can still post here!
Well, this is it... Empty7/1/2018, 8:52 pm by HawkbitAlpha

» The Lobby
Well, this is it... Empty12/26/2017, 10:47 pm by SpongeBob’s #1 Fan

» Post Your iDevice's Home Screen
Well, this is it... Empty12/26/2017, 8:14 pm by TheOpenWindowManiac

Well, this is it...

+10
Dragiiin123
ExKizuna
hasfarr
that70sguy92
Clappy
tvguy347
Jelly
Metal Snake
Elastic Dog
tvfan95
14 posters

Go down

Well, this is it... Empty Well, this is it...

Post by tvfan95 8/26/2011, 9:14 pm

This is just in case anyone didn't read the Club SpongeBob discussion thread.
Clearly this is the end for me on this community, officially. It spanned from TV.com to the SBC. August 18th, 2005 to August 26th, 2011. Six years of, well, noobishness basically.
Here's basically how it went. I am not a fan of the episode Club SpongeBob at all. It frusturated me how most thought it was one of the best episodes. However, combined with some complicated pre-movie/post-movie frusturation I just couldn't accept opinion. I am very embrassed now. Clearly I frusturated a lot of people and made an ass of myself. I am truly ashamed, with no exaggeration.
Just read the thread. Sigh, I honestly can't. I dunno what got into me. I'm sure tons of people were upset by me and tons more formed a very negative opinion on me. While I suppose I didn't go EXTREMELY far, I was still a failpest that acted like an immature, annoying troll.
There's really one purpose to this thread. To tell the mods to punish me. People reading this now will probably see this as a pretenceous, self-praising excuse of a thread. It probably is. In reality most of you probably don't even know me, only the former TV.comers.
So yup, I fully endorse my banning from this website for what I did. Either way I'm too ashamed to show my face here again. Thanks for the memories guys, and I hope that I at least brought a few good memories to the community (at least during the TV.com), even with all the negative.
Goodbye, and best wishes in the future. I'm sure the site will continue to grow strongly, as it should, with a ton of great members, a dedicated staff and a very well made forum.
tvfan95
tvfan95
Customers
Customers

Doubloons : 26111

Back to top Go down

Well, this is it... Empty Re: Well, this is it...

Post by Elastic Dog 8/26/2011, 9:17 pm

You'll be missed. Door's over there.

Last edited by Elastic Dog on 8/26/2011, 9:19 pm; edited 2 times in total
Elastic Dog
Elastic Dog
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

Browser : Safari
Doubloons : 33069

Back to top Go down

Post by Metal Snake 8/26/2011, 9:18 pm

Goodbye tvfan.
Metal Snake
Metal Snake
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

Browser : Firefox
Doubloons : 36775

Back to top Go down

Post by Jelly 8/26/2011, 9:39 pm

Ok, so before posting here I decided to check out the Club SB thread to be fair. And yes tvfan, you did act like a major jerk, but that doesn't mean you need to feel like garbage either. You are sorry you said those things and acted that way because you're like the only SB fan that dislikes Club SB? Then good, move along. No need to make a freaking drama out of it. Leaving makes it worst but apparently you haven't learn all that much of how forums work after these 6 years. We were really good friends back in the day. Heck, I still consider you an e-friend. But that also means I must be honest with you. So either face it and learn from it. Or keep making the same mistake over and over and turn away from your problems... again.

ahmm.
Jelly
Jelly
Cashiers
Cashiers

Browser : Chrome
Doubloons : 42826

http://spongefifi.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by tvguy347 8/26/2011, 9:41 pm

It's makes you seem MORE immature to leave over it, but whatever.
tvguy347
tvguy347
Cashiers
Cashiers

Doubloons : 42325

Back to top Go down

Post by tvfan95 8/26/2011, 10:02 pm

Great, I knew it, I just knew this would even make it worse.
F*** F*** F*** WHY DID I EVEN DO THIS??? Seems like every step I try to make in the right direction puts me 10 steps back.
I'm not trying to make a drama out of this. I'm not trying to make myself not seem immature either. I AM immature. I probably hold the record for the longest time spent with one online community as a noob.
So yeah, I just made it worse. Great job me. Seriously I just need to stop posting now. I've embrassed myself, and over what? A stupid 11-minute episode that aired 9 years ago? Sigh....
Yup, I'm pretty much an idiot. I try to be well-intentioned, and am smart in certain aspects, but I'll always do stupid stuff like this.
Maybe just leaving is a stupid move, but at least it'll be the last stupid move.
I'd also like to add being on a SpongeBob site in it's self is depressing to me, since of the whole jumping the shark post-movie stuff. But that's besides the point.
Sigh, really embrassing, and with every letter typed in making it worse. Just please just let me leave with this final message:
I always loved this community, which is why I've stuck with it for so long. Y'know what, that's probably why I'm making this so dramatic. Being told that I acted like a major jerk, and f*** you from a community I, even though I was an infriquent user from about early 2009 onward, considered to be fairly close to and even a LITTLE respected by hurt a lot. So this is very hard for me. I wanna stay I guess, but what's happened has just been too embrassing.
TV.com was the first Internet forum I truly joined, what made me essentially a forum fanatic to begin with, and even though almost none of the original members are still active seeing the community evolve and grow has been a privelage.
I'm really in a tough position now, since if I just abandon everything what I've done will be viewed negatively, and if I stay and continue this I'll be known as making a drama out of it. There's also the option of just forgetting everything, but sigh that would just be too hard.
When I'm more mature I'll come back, that is if you all will accept me again. But for the time being I just need a little time away. So goodbye to all my e-friends, I considered myself somewhat close to a few of you even with little contact over the last two or so years.
So long, enjoy the forum.
tvfan95
tvfan95
Customers
Customers

Back to top Go down

Post by tvguy347 8/26/2011, 10:45 pm

I really don't see what the big deal is. Everyone makes mistakes. You're really being too hard on yourself. Smile
tvguy347
tvguy347
Cashiers
Cashiers

Doubloons : 42325

Back to top Go down

Post by Clappy 8/26/2011, 11:07 pm

Goodbye tvfan, although I really think that you are making too big a deal over nothing. Quit being so hard on yourself man and stay with us.
Clappy
Clappy
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

Browser : Internet Explorer
Doubloons : 49076

Back to top Go down

Post by that70sguy92 8/26/2011, 11:09 pm

It seems to me like you're making a big deal out of nothing. Well, not nothing. But it's certainly not a huge deal. You haven't broken any rules (yet), and I certainly had no intentions of punishing you. You could have simply said sorry, and I think the majority of the forum would have moved on. Smile
that70sguy92
that70sguy92
Managers
Managers

Doubloons : 63992

Back to top Go down

Post by hasfarr 8/27/2011, 12:27 pm

tvfan95 wrote:I'd also like to add being on a SpongeBob site in it's self is depressing to me, since of the whole jumping the shark post-movie stuff. But that's besides the point.

Huh... and how come around the same time, someone on SBM made a whole topic about this?

I am the cheese wrote:
Seriously, I literally get sad even thinking about the show. I can't explain it really, just ugh...maybe I just hate that one of the best parts of my childhood get ripped by people because of the post-movie episodes. It's gotten to the point where I've even started to resent the pre-movie episodes, I suppose because I realize the new episodes are so mediocre that thinking the old ones weren't so great makes them seem at least okay. SCREW EVERYTHING PAST SEASON 4, I WISH IT HAD NEVER BEEN EVEN THOUGHT OF TO CONTINUE THE SHOW AFTER SEASON 3!!!!
Everytime I return to a SB forum, I immediatly get borderline depressed by the show's lack of quality. So no more! In my opinion, SpongeBob ended in 2004. Everything produced after that year is just another cruddy show, that for some reason the SB community likes talking about.
So yeah...hopefully they'll bring back SpongeBob for a fourth season. I know after ending 7 years ago it seems very unlikely, but ya never know!
hasfarr
hasfarr
Customers
Customers

Doubloons : 23716

Back to top Go down

Post by ExKizuna 8/27/2011, 12:30 pm

Are you serious? Dude, this isn't tv.com, why are you making a big deal out of nothing?
ExKizuna
ExKizuna
Managers
Managers

Doubloons : 28912

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragiiin123 8/27/2011, 1:03 pm

its a fucking spongebob episode.
say that to yourself 5 times.
Dragiiin123
Dragiiin123
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

Doubloons : 24411

Back to top Go down

Post by Clappy 8/27/2011, 1:07 pm

Dragiiin123 wrote:its a fucking spongebob episode.
say that to yourself 5 times.
I lol'd.
Clappy
Clappy
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

Doubloons : 49076

Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Sponge 8/27/2011, 1:18 pm

Meh, bye fan of tv.
Steel Sponge
Steel Sponge
Fry Cooks
Fry Cooks

Doubloons : 37504

Back to top Go down

Post by tvfan95 8/27/2011, 4:07 pm

hasfarr I'm IATC. I don't know if that changes the way anyone sees me, I know a couple people knew that already here on SBC (I think at least). I hope that doesn't matter at all.
Thanks to everyone who left a kind comment, or a comment trying to knock some sense back into me.
I've made some mistakes. First acting like a total douche on the Club SpongeBob discussion thread. And now making a big drama out of all of this.
Let me quickly explain it one last time, why I really acted like that. For a long time I've been frusturated with everyone's love for Club SpongeBob. In reality my goal was just to find out why everyone liked it, without just general compliments like "Squidward abuse that's funny!". HOWEVER I handeled it in a very wrong manner, and came across as someone who couldn't accept anyone's opinion. Then I got rantish which was once again my frusturation coming out, but I was handeling it in a wrong manner. As dragiin said it is a f***ing SpongeBob episode, and don't get me wrong it's not like a lost sleep thinking about people liking the episode. It was just when I went on SBC that I thought about it sometimes. I should have just ignored that episode and let them love it, but for some reason I didn't. I've learnt however.
I do want to express of course that no ill will was intended. I never wanted to get into an argument or be a pest to people. It may have came out that way, but from the bottom of my heart that is NOT what I MEANT to act like.
I realize my mistake and will now remember to never oppose opinion, unless it's something blatantly wrong like saying an episode sucks when the person has never even seen the episode. I also learnt another thing. I can't hide from my problems. I've learnt that lesson in real life but haven't applied it to the Internet really. Running away and saying I'm leaving is not a solution, just a cowardly way of trying to avoid what I did.
I made a mistake. I acted like a complete jerk. But it won't happen again. I'd just like to express that what I posted does not reflect me now.
I am asking all of you, can we try to forget what happened? Even if I have to go through a period where I have to prove I've truly learnt from this, I accept that.
If accepted, I'm back. One last note, I'm starting to watch Season 8 and WOW. It's actually really good! Not quite at the level of the classics, but I'd rank S8 maybe even higher than the first half of S4, which included three episodes I have in my Top 11 eppies of All-Time. I haven't been this excited to see some more episodes than when the show first came back from it's hiatus in 2005.
So yup, that is all folks. I hope to be posting soon.
tvfan95
tvfan95
Customers
Customers

Back to top Go down

Post by Jelly 8/27/2011, 4:13 pm

I'm pretty sure that's what we all wanted to hear, tvfan. No harsh feelings Wink
Jelly
Jelly
Cashiers
Cashiers

Doubloons : 42826

http://spongefifi.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by that70sguy92 8/27/2011, 6:23 pm

Welcome back, tvfan. Smile
that70sguy92
that70sguy92
Managers
Managers

Doubloons : 63992

Back to top Go down

Post by JCM 8/27/2011, 9:09 pm

Oh my, the cheese is on here, too? Looks like I'll have to take it upon myself to remedy this.

Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy V is not the best episode ever. Not even close. Hello!
JCM
JCM
Customers
Customers

Doubloons : 26056

Back to top Go down

Post by SpongeSebastian 8/27/2011, 10:45 pm

Again, why are people treating the word "immature" like it's an insult?
If anything, it's a compliment. Mature people are boring losers.
SpongeSebastian
SpongeSebastian
Cashiers
Cashiers

Doubloons : 27057

http://www.tv.com/users/SpongeSebastian/profile.php

Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Sponge 8/28/2011, 12:04 am

And...welcome back tvfan!
Steel Sponge
Steel Sponge
Fry Cooks
Fry Cooks

Doubloons : 37504

Back to top Go down

Post by Elastic Dog 8/28/2011, 12:28 am

Like this is a shock.
But welcome back tvfan.
Elastic Dog
Elastic Dog
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

Doubloons : 33069

Back to top Go down

Post by JCM 8/28/2011, 9:54 am

SpongeSebastian wrote:Again, why are people treating the word "immature" like it's an insult?
Well, that's probably because of its negative connotation. Youthful is a much nicer way to describe those people.

yes i said those people because im totes mature
JCM
JCM
Customers
Customers

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragiiin123 8/28/2011, 10:17 am

then what the fuck is norweigian
Dragiiin123
Dragiiin123
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

Doubloons : 24411

Back to top Go down

Post by SOF 8/28/2011, 11:36 am

welcome back
SOF
SOF
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

Doubloons : 35408

Back to top Go down

Post by JCM 8/29/2011, 7:38 pm

Dragiiin123 wrote:then what the fuck is norweigian
what the fuck are you saying

(and no i didnt cuss i copied and pasted)
JCM
JCM
Customers
Customers

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum