Log in

I forgot my password

Translator
Our Affiliates
Click the image to enter our affiliate's sites!
SpongeHolly's Spongebobness.com
Community Spotlight
Community Spotlight for August 2011 is...
Deli!
Posts and Members
We've hit 500 members!
SBC News
What's New? Currently.... SBC has hit over 500 members! This is great news for us, and hopefully we'll be getting to 600 members soon. Also, a brand new contest is going on. The first 5 users to find a golden ticket hidden somewhere on the forum, will get early access to v7! Congratulations to SOF who was the first person to find the ticket. Remember - use your heads! There are only 3 spots left. See the "Lost Temple" announcement on the homepage for more. Speaking of contests, don't forget to participate in our other contest to put a funny, original caption on an image. The winner will receive 1000 doubloons. In the future... SBC will be moving to vBulletin on August 26th, 2011. This will also be the launch of v7. We had a good time on forumotion, but it is time for us to move. Stay tuned for more!
Richest Users
UPDATED 1.) that70sguy92 (Net Worth: 40817) 2.) Clappy (Net Worth: 25979) 3.) Wumbology (Net Worth: 23558) 4.) jjsthekid (Net Worth: 19850) 5.) Jelly (Net Worth: 19621) 6). tvguy347 (Net Worth: 19142) 7.) Steel Sponge (Net Worth: 14322) 8.) Metal Snake (Net Worth: 13624) 9.) SOF (Net Worth: 12247) 10.) teenj12 (Net Worth: 11163)
SpongeBob News
A brand new DVD named "SpongeBob's Runaway Roadtrip" will be released September 20th, 2011!
Latest topics
» FORUMOTION LIVES
12/31/2017, 11:14 am by jjsthekid

» The you're really pissing me off thread
12/27/2017, 10:08 pm by tvguy347

» The Lobby
12/26/2017, 10:47 pm by SpongeBob’s #1 Fan

» Post Your iDevice's Home Screen
12/26/2017, 8:14 pm by TheOpenWindowManiac

» eeeeehhhhh
12/26/2017, 11:58 am by Conehead

» Hi everyone
12/26/2017, 11:55 am by Conehead

» Off-Topic!
12/26/2017, 2:51 am by OMJ

» The Delta Queen
12/25/2017, 10:51 pm by Frank Costanza

» I'm back, fuckwads!
12/25/2017, 6:47 pm by SOF


Stephen Hillenburg Discussion

Go down

Stephen Hillenburg Discussion

Post by Steel Sponge on 8/22/2011, 10:20 pm

Since you guys won't stop talking about him.


Current Spin-Offs: Pisces Moon, Z-Storm, UWS: SBC Style, S.P.O.N.G.E.B.O.B
Ended: Adventures of No Name
Hiatus: Guru Gakuto

[Yeah, don't ask me about my signature, I'm working on it]
avatar
Steel Sponge
Fry Cooks
Fry Cooks

Browser : Internet Explorer
Posts : 6332
Doubloons : 26869
Join date : 2010-01-23
Location : Galaluna

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Stephen Hillenburg Discussion

Post by storytime7 on 8/22/2011, 10:23 pm

People need to leave him alone. 'Nuff said.
avatar
storytime7
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

Browser : Chrome
Posts : 2680
Doubloons : 14153
Join date : 2010-08-05
Age : 22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Stephen Hillenburg Discussion

Post by spongebobiscool on 8/22/2011, 10:24 pm

Great guy , at making awesome sb episodes.
avatar
spongebobiscool
Customers
Customers

Browser : Firefox
Posts : 849
Doubloons : 15602
Join date : 2010-08-16
Age : 23
Location : USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Stephen Hillenburg Discussion

Post by person on 8/22/2011, 11:04 pm

@spongebobiscool. he did not write any spongebob episodes except for help wanted. he was just show runner. all the other episodes during seasons 1-3 were written by people like Merriwether Williams, Jay Lender, Walt Dohrn, William Reiss, and Kent Osborne. the only reason those people wrote the episodes were because hillenburg was the show runner. once he resigned after the movie, the writers changed to people who suck at writing the episodes during seasons 4-8, like Luke Brookshier, Casey Alexander, Nate Cash, Derek Iverson, Dani Michaeli, and Richard Pursel. so don't give hillenburg the credit for the good episodes before the movie. because he didn't write them. so the only reason we want hillenburg back and the only reason why we say that hillenburg moving back to show runner again will make the episodes good again is because then the old writers will also come back. but since he quit, the writers changed. and also, hillenburg doesn't think the post movie episodes are bad because he reviews them and he would have said something about it if he did think they were bad. and you know why he doesn't think the post movie episodes are bad? because he wasn't the one who wrote the episodes. if the old writers were to review the post movie episodes, they would have thought they were horrible and they would have done something about it. or atleast that's what i think. source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_SpongeBob_SquarePants_episodes. the only reason
avatar
person
Customers
Customers

Posts : 245
Doubloons : 14883
Join date : 2010-10-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Stephen Hillenburg Discussion

Post by spongebobiscool on 8/23/2011, 1:52 pm

person wrote:@spongebobiscool. he did not write any spongebob episodes except for help wanted. he was just show runner. all the other episodes during seasons 1-3 were written by people like Merriwether Williams, Jay Lender, Walt Dohrn, William Reiss, and Kent Osborne. the only reason those people wrote the episodes were because hillenburg was the show runner. once he resigned after the movie, the writers changed to people who suck at writing the episodes during seasons 4-8, like Luke Brookshier, Casey Alexander, Nate Cash, Derek Iverson, Dani Michaeli, and Richard Pursel. so don't give hillenburg the credit for the good episodes before the movie. because he didn't write them. so the only reason we want hillenburg back and the only reason why we say that hillenburg moving back to show runner again will make the episodes good again is because then the old writers will also come back. but since he quit, the writers changed. and also, hillenburg doesn't think the post movie episodes are bad because he reviews them and he would have said something about it if he did think they were bad. and you know why he doesn't think the post movie episodes are bad? because he wasn't the one who wrote the episodes. if the old writers were to review the post movie episodes, they would have thought they were horrible and they would have done something about it. or atleast that's what i think. source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_SpongeBob_SquarePants_episodes. the only reason
Yea don't forget that Stephen Hillenburg also helped the old writers some ideas so i gave him a lot of credit , i don't know if stephen think the post movie episodes are bad , but he should defently come back and the old writers , cuz u want them to come back too if thats the point.
avatar
spongebobiscool
Customers
Customers

Browser : Firefox
Posts : 849
Doubloons : 15602
Join date : 2010-08-16
Age : 23
Location : USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Stephen Hillenburg Discussion

Post by Metal Snake on 8/23/2011, 3:14 pm

spongebobiscool wrote:
person wrote:@spongebobiscool. he did not write any spongebob episodes except for help wanted. he was just show runner. all the other episodes during seasons 1-3 were written by people like Merriwether Williams, Jay Lender, Walt Dohrn, William Reiss, and Kent Osborne. the only reason those people wrote the episodes were because hillenburg was the show runner. once he resigned after the movie, the writers changed to people who suck at writing the episodes during seasons 4-8, like Luke Brookshier, Casey Alexander, Nate Cash, Derek Iverson, Dani Michaeli, and Richard Pursel. so don't give hillenburg the credit for the good episodes before the movie. because he didn't write them. so the only reason we want hillenburg back and the only reason why we say that hillenburg moving back to show runner again will make the episodes good again is because then the old writers will also come back. but since he quit, the writers changed. and also, hillenburg doesn't think the post movie episodes are bad because he reviews them and he would have said something about it if he did think they were bad. and you know why he doesn't think the post movie episodes are bad? because he wasn't the one who wrote the episodes. if the old writers were to review the post movie episodes, they would have thought they were horrible and they would have done something about it. or atleast that's what i think. source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_SpongeBob_SquarePants_episodes. the only reason
Yea don't forget that Stephen Hillenburg also helped the old writers some ideas so i gave him a lot of credit , i don't know if stephen think the post movie episodes are bad , but he should defently come back and the old writers , cuz u want them to come back too if thats the point.

Ugh. These posts....are just....UGH. I'll say it like this though. Stephen Hillenburg and the old writers are DONE WITH SPONGEBOB. STOP LIVING IN THE CLOUDS. STOP bringing this up in nearly every Spongebob-related topic you go to. I am not kidding, I have had enough to hear from you two. If you don't like the new episodes of Spongebob, stop complaining about them, and just DON'T WATCH THEM.
avatar
Metal Snake
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

Browser : Firefox
Posts : 3086
Doubloons : 26140
Join date : 2010-03-08
Age : 22
Location : In a Galaxy Far Away

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Stephen Hillenburg Discussion

Post by Fa on 8/23/2011, 3:59 pm

spongebobiscool wrote:
person wrote:@spongebobiscool. he did not write any spongebob episodes except for help wanted. he was just show runner. all the other episodes during seasons 1-3 were written by people like Merriwether Williams, Jay Lender, Walt Dohrn, William Reiss, and Kent Osborne. the only reason those people wrote the episodes were because hillenburg was the show runner. once he resigned after the movie, the writers changed to people who suck at writing the episodes during seasons 4-8, like Luke Brookshier, Casey Alexander, Nate Cash, Derek Iverson, Dani Michaeli, and Richard Pursel. so don't give hillenburg the credit for the good episodes before the movie. because he didn't write them. so the only reason we want hillenburg back and the only reason why we say that hillenburg moving back to show runner again will make the episodes good again is because then the old writers will also come back. but since he quit, the writers changed. and also, hillenburg doesn't think the post movie episodes are bad because he reviews them and he would have said something about it if he did think they were bad. and you know why he doesn't think the post movie episodes are bad? because he wasn't the one who wrote the episodes. if the old writers were to review the post movie episodes, they would have thought they were horrible and they would have done something about it. or atleast that's what i think. source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_SpongeBob_SquarePants_episodes. the only reason
Yea don't forget that Stephen Hillenburg also helped the old writers some ideas so i gave him a lot of credit , i don't know if stephen think the post movie episodes are bad , but he should defently come back and the old writers , cuz u want them to come back too if thats the point.

Person and Sbiscool, ENOUGH with your voicing about how the old writers have to come back. Your not going to bring them back with emails, letters, pleas, you want to know why? Because their done with it, they've moved on to other projects and shows, their lives don't revolve around Spongebob. I mean Hillenburg worked on RML before SB was even concieved of, and I'm sure a whole lot people wanted him and Joe Murray to come back and do RML. But they didn't, because they had moved on and made other shows and created other projects, and this is the same thing here. The reason both of you likely can't move on is because you think that SH and the old writers were perfecto, and your too biased to even really try the later seasons. If you don't like the show, SB's voice, or anything else nitpicky enough for you to whine about DON'T WATCH IT! But there are people here who DO like the show, and want to give the new writers a shot, and we don't want anybody ruining it like you two are doing. And if you can't hold your opinions in, then I highly suggest you hightail it outta here!
avatar
Fa
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

Browser : Chrome
Posts : 1404
Doubloons : 14485
Join date : 2010-07-16
Age : 23
Location : On Cloud 9

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Stephen Hillenburg Discussion

Post by JCM on 8/23/2011, 6:52 pm

Well, this thread is now buried in drama. I am not surprised. I think Hillenburg was a wonderful man who made a wonderful show. Nothing more, nothing less.
avatar
JCM
Customers
Customers

Browser : Firefox
Posts : 1014
Doubloons : 15421
Join date : 2011-08-09
Age : 22
Location : The Pacific

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Stephen Hillenburg Discussion

Post by Steel Sponge on 8/23/2011, 6:53 pm

As far as this debate can go, it could end.

BTW, Hillenburg was beast.


Current Spin-Offs: Pisces Moon, Z-Storm, UWS: SBC Style, S.P.O.N.G.E.B.O.B
Ended: Adventures of No Name
Hiatus: Guru Gakuto

[Yeah, don't ask me about my signature, I'm working on it]
avatar
Steel Sponge
Fry Cooks
Fry Cooks

Browser : Internet Explorer
Posts : 6332
Doubloons : 26869
Join date : 2010-01-23
Location : Galaluna

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Stephen Hillenburg Discussion

Post by tvfan95 on 8/23/2011, 6:55 pm

Yup he was awesome. Thanks for the memories Steve!
avatar
tvfan95
Customers
Customers

Posts : 173
Doubloons : 15476
Join date : 2010-01-24
Age : 23
Location : Somewhere you've never heard of.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Stephen Hillenburg Discussion

Post by hasfarr on 8/24/2011, 6:14 pm

Hillenburg MADE the show. Literally.


He did pilot the ship for the first three seasons, so I give him credit for having good oversight on the directors and writers. Besides, he was the one with the idea of this show, I commend you, Mr. Hillenburg.
avatar
hasfarr
Customers
Customers

Posts : 28
Doubloons : 13081
Join date : 2011-05-24
Age : 22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Stephen Hillenburg Discussion

Post by tvguy347 on 8/24/2011, 6:33 pm

Fa, sbiscool, Metal Snake, and Person: you four always seem to be bickering. We aren't asking you to get along, but we are asking you to keep your personal matters out of every topic you post in. Thank you! Smile




I'M GOING TO SLEEP. OR WATCH GEORGE LOPEZ. WASTING TIME ON HERE NOT SLEEPING IS SHAMEFUL TO ME. GOODNIGHT.
~Person on the Xat
avatar
tvguy347
Cashiers
Cashiers

Browser : Safari
Posts : 9887
Doubloons : 31690
Join date : 2009-11-02
Age : 19
Location : Don't worry about it

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Stephen Hillenburg Discussion

Post by that70sguy92 on 8/24/2011, 6:53 pm

tvguy347 wrote:Fa, sbiscool, Metal Snake, and Person: you four always seem to be bickering. We aren't asking you to get along, but we are asking you to keep your personal matters out of every topic you post in. Thank you! Smile
It's fine, at this stage it's purely debating. If it progresses further I will certainly handle it.




Brittany: Well, family is a place where everybody loves you no matter what. And they accept you for who you are. I know I'm going to be a bridesmaid at Mike and Tina's wedding. And I'm going to be anxiously waiting just like everybody else to see if their babies are Asian too. When they find an operation to make Artie's legs work again, I'm going to be there for his first steps. I love them, I love everyone in glee club and I get to spend another year with the people I love. So, I'm good.
Santana: What about you and I?
Brittany: I love you Santana. I love you more than I've ever loved anyone else in this world. All I know about you and I is that because of that, I think anything's possible.
Santana: When did you get so smart?
avatar
that70sguy92
Managers
Managers

Browser : Chrome
Posts : 11046
Doubloons : 53357
Join date : 2009-10-12
Age : 26
Location : Rock Bottom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Stephen Hillenburg Discussion

Post by JCM on 8/24/2011, 8:46 pm

Guys, stop treating Hillenburg like he has the Midas touch or something. Yes, he created the show, and that was cool, but it's the writers that make or break an episode, and Steve only wrote the first few episodes of the series. Most of the main writers left after the movie, and that is why the show isn't as good anymore. Hillenburg had nothing to do with it.
avatar
JCM
Customers
Customers

Browser : Firefox
Posts : 1014
Doubloons : 15421
Join date : 2011-08-09
Age : 22
Location : The Pacific

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Stephen Hillenburg Discussion

Post by person on 8/24/2011, 11:16 pm

OMG thank you JCM for understanding what i was saying. the only reason that the old writers left was because hillenburg resigned as producer. the old writers did not make the choice to leave. that's the real reason why people are praising hillenburg, but those people think they are praising him because he wrote the episodes, which is not true at all. if hillenburg's position had nothing to do with who writes the episodes, then spongebob would have never gone downhill after the movie and i would not care of hillenburg's existence on the show and i would not care that he left the show after the movie.

now, what i don't understand is why they had to change the writers just because hillenburg resigned. does anyone have any ideas or opinions why the old writers were forced to leave the show just because hillenburg left too? they didn't have to move the same people who work for the show to different positions. they could have just kept everyone at the same position, but hired someone else to take hillenburg's place who was never on the show before. hillenburg did not actually leave the show, but instead moved to executive producer. that does not mean you have to move or change people who are already in the show around. just simply hire another person to take hillenburg's previous postion. that makes a whole lot more sense. i never realized that until just now.

i wish it had been in the opposite direction where the new writers were the old writers and wrote the episodes before the movie so the show would have started out bad, but then the old writers would have been the new writers who came into the show after hillenburg resigned. then the quality of the episodes would have been still been awesome to this day and i wouldn't mind how long spongebob went before it got cancelled. and then the good episodes would have outweighed the old episodes. it would have been seasons 1-3 are bad, and seasons 4-8 are good. but it didn't happen that way.
avatar
person
Customers
Customers

Posts : 245
Doubloons : 14883
Join date : 2010-10-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Stephen Hillenburg Discussion

Post by Metal Snake on 8/25/2011, 12:10 am

person wrote:OMG thank you JCM for understanding what i was saying. the only reason that the old writers left was because hillenburg resigned as producer. the old writers did not make the choice to leave. that's the real reason why people are praising hillenburg, but those people think they are praising him because he wrote the episodes, which is not true at all. if hillenburg's position had nothing to do with who writes the episodes, then spongebob would have never gone downhill after the movie and i would not care of hillenburg's existence on the show and i would not care that he left the show after the movie.

now, what i don't understand is why they had to change the writers just because hillenburg resigned. does anyone have any ideas or opinions why the old writers were forced to leave the show just because hillenburg left too? they didn't have to move the same people who work for the show to different positions. they could have just kept everyone at the same position, but hired someone else to take hillenburg's place who was never on the show before. hillenburg did not actually leave the show, but instead moved to executive producer. that does not mean you have to move or change people who are already in the show around. just simply hire another person to take hillenburg's previous postion. that makes a whole lot more sense. i never realized that until just now.

i wish it had been in the opposite direction where the new writers were the old writers and wrote the episodes before the movie so the show would have started out bad, but then the old writers would have been the new writers who came into the show after hillenburg resigned. then the quality of the episodes would have been still been awesome to this day and i wouldn't mind how long spongebob went before it got cancelled. and then the good episodes would have outweighed the old episodes. it would have been seasons 1-3 are bad, and seasons 4-8 are good. but it didn't happen that way.

As much as I don't want to start another fight, I just can't resist the urge to point out the antilogic in this rant. First of all, Spongebob would most likely have been canceled if the old episodes were terrible over the span of three seasons and several years. The statement that baffles me more however, is you saying that Stephen Hillenburg's departure was a direct cause of the writing staff changing. Person, the old writers CHOSE to leave Spongebob once Hillenburg left, it was NOT Nickelodeon's decision. Like Fa already told you, they've moved on to different projects. Seriously, I'm getting tired of arguing with you on nearly every Spongebob related forum. Please JUST STOP living in the past, and just accept Spongebob for what it is.
avatar
Metal Snake
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

Browser : Firefox
Posts : 3086
Doubloons : 26140
Join date : 2010-03-08
Age : 22
Location : In a Galaxy Far Away

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Stephen Hillenburg Discussion

Post by person on 8/25/2011, 11:35 am

dude, no. i did some research and wikipedia said that stephen hillenburg resigned from his position as show runner, causing a change in the show's production crew, as well as several of the series writers. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SpongeBob_SquarePants#Hillenburg_era_.281999.E2.80.932004.29 it's towards the bottom of the hillenburg era.
avatar
person
Customers
Customers

Posts : 245
Doubloons : 14883
Join date : 2010-10-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Stephen Hillenburg Discussion

Post by Fa on 8/25/2011, 11:49 am

person wrote:dude, no. i did some research and wikipedia said that stephen hillenburg resigned from his position as show runner, causing a change in the show's production crew, as well as several of the series writers. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SpongeBob_SquarePants#Hillenburg_era_.281999.E2.80.932004.29 it's towards the bottom of the hillenburg era.

Wikipedia isn't a great source for any debate you'll get yourself into due to the fact that inaccuracies can occur often, and (once again) they left of their own accord. The shift mentioned in your article occured because the original writers didn't want to work without Stephen Hillenburg, so they moved on with their lives, and are working on other shows/projects. You just can't seem to get over just how bad, and just how imperfect the new writers are at Spongebob. Seriously, stop it with this, because your being a nuisance to everyone on this site who wants to enjoy the show with the new writers. And if you can't understand why your hard-headed opinions are factually inaccurate, you might aswell take the hint that we've been nodding for a long time, and get out!
avatar
Fa
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

Browser : Chrome
Posts : 1404
Doubloons : 14485
Join date : 2010-07-16
Age : 23
Location : On Cloud 9

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Stephen Hillenburg Discussion

Post by person on 8/25/2011, 12:13 pm

alright then, that's what wikipedia meant. when they said stephen hillenburg resigned causing a shift in the show's production crew, as well as several of the series writers, it meant the writers decided to stop doing the show because they didn't want to do it without hillenburg. but the site didn't make it sound like that.
avatar
person
Customers
Customers

Posts : 245
Doubloons : 14883
Join date : 2010-10-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Stephen Hillenburg Discussion

Post by spongebobiscool on 8/25/2011, 3:07 pm

yea i mean i just can't enjoy without stephen hillenburg and the old writers style of spongebob , yea i just wonder what project are they working on next i wonder?
avatar
spongebobiscool
Customers
Customers

Browser : Firefox
Posts : 849
Doubloons : 15602
Join date : 2010-08-16
Age : 23
Location : USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Stephen Hillenburg Discussion

Post by person on 8/25/2011, 4:10 pm

OMFG METAL SNAKE. what you just said is antilogic, not what i said. here's why. you said that spongebob would have been cancelled if the show were bad over the first three years. but wait just a minute here. don't you like the post movie episodes? then why are you saying it would have been cancelled? when i say i wish the episodes were bad before the movie and i wish the new writers were the old writers, i meant i wish the new episodes were the ones that were showed before the movie and the old episodes were shown after the movie because MY OPINION is that the post movie episodes are bad. spongebob has not been cancelled since the movie because the post movie episodes are still popular with people, so if those same post movie episodes were to be put in the first three seasons instead of after the movie, then it would not have been cancelled because they would have been the same episodes that started with season 4. and then the old writers would have stepped in when the new writers quit because of hillenburg's resignation. i would have just wanted it to be in the opposite direction. so only one thing makes sense here. you just admitted that you agree with me and that you also hate the post movie episodes. if you like them though, then why did you just say that it would have been cancelled if they were bad in the first three seasons? because they would not have been bad because they would have been the exact same post movie episodes.
avatar
person
Customers
Customers

Posts : 245
Doubloons : 14883
Join date : 2010-10-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Stephen Hillenburg Discussion

Post by Elastic Dog on 8/25/2011, 4:14 pm

person wrote:OMFG METAL SNAKE. what you just said is antilogic, not what i said. here's why. you said that spongebob would have been cancelled if the show were bad over the first three years. but wait just a minute here. don't you like the post movie episodes? then why are you saying it would have been cancelled? when i say i wish the episodes were bad before the movie and i wish the new writers were the old writers, i meant i wish the new episodes were the ones that were showed before the movie and the old episodes were shown after the movie because MY OPINION is that the post movie episodes are bad. spongebob has not been cancelled since the movie because the post movie episodes are still popular with people, so if those same post movie episodes were to be put in the first three seasons instead of after the movie, then it would not have been cancelled because they would have been the same episodes that started with season 4. so only one thing makes sense here. you just admitted that you agree with me and that you also hate the post movie episodes. if you like them though, then why did you just say that it would have been cancalled?
Christ on a f***ing cross. He meant that in your opinion post movie episodes are bad, right? So, he was saying if the first 3 seasons were newer episodes (which you think are bad, apparently), the show would have been cancelled, thus causing no new episodes AKA no "classic" episodes. So yeah, your post is anti-logic.
avatar
Elastic Dog
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

Browser : Safari
Posts : 2507
Doubloons : 22434
Join date : 2010-02-21
Age : 89

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Stephen Hillenburg Discussion

Post by Fa on 8/25/2011, 4:16 pm

person wrote:OMFG METAL SNAKE. what you just said is antilogic, not what i said. here's why. you said that spongebob would have been cancelled if the show were bad over the first three years. but wait just a minute here. don't you like the post movie episodes? then why are you saying it would have been cancelled? when i say i wish the episodes were bad before the movie and i wish the new writers were the old writers, i meant i wish the new episodes were the ones that were showed before the movie and the old episodes were shown after the movie because MY OPINION is that the post movie episodes are bad. spongebob has not been cancelled since the movie because the post movie episodes are still popular with people, so if those same post movie episodes were to be put in the first three seasons instead of after the movie, then it would not have been cancelled because they would have been the same episodes that started with season 4. so only one thing makes sense here. you just admitted that you agree with me and that you also hate the post movie episodes. if you like them though, then why did you just say that it would have been cancalled?

He's saying that so many fans dislike the new seasons now, that if the episodes had started this way, it wouldn't have taken off. He's not saying that he hates them moron, he's just saying how the newer episodes aren't as praised as the older ones and don't have as much of a fair start.
avatar
Fa
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

Browser : Chrome
Posts : 1404
Doubloons : 14485
Join date : 2010-07-16
Age : 23
Location : On Cloud 9

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Stephen Hillenburg Discussion

Post by person on 8/25/2011, 4:37 pm

ya, but has the show been cancelled since the start of the post movie era/season 4? no it hasn't. so why would it have gotten cancelled if the same post movie episodes started the show?
avatar
person
Customers
Customers

Posts : 245
Doubloons : 14883
Join date : 2010-10-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Stephen Hillenburg Discussion

Post by Elastic Dog on 8/25/2011, 4:47 pm

person wrote:ya, but has the show been cancelled since the start of the post movie era/season 4? no it hasn't. so why would it have gotten cancelled if the same post movie episodes started the show?
Ratings, dude. People love Spongebob. FACT. Had it not been for those classic episodes, no one would care about him, and thus it would've died.
avatar
Elastic Dog
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

Browser : Safari
Posts : 2507
Doubloons : 22434
Join date : 2010-02-21
Age : 89

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Stephen Hillenburg Discussion

Post by storytime7 on 8/25/2011, 4:54 pm

person wrote:OMFG METAL SNAKE. what you just said is antilogic, not what i said. here's why. you said that spongebob would have been cancelled if the show were bad over the first three years. but wait just a minute here. don't you like the post movie episodes? then why are you saying it would have been cancelled? when i say i wish the episodes were bad before the movie and i wish the new writers were the old writers, i meant i wish the new episodes were the ones that were showed before the movie and the old episodes were shown after the movie because MY OPINION is that the post movie episodes are bad. spongebob has not been cancelled since the movie because the post movie episodes are still popular with people, so if those same post movie episodes were to be put in the first three seasons instead of after the movie, then it would not have been cancelled because they would have been the same episodes that started with season 4. and then the old writers would have stepped in when the new writers quit because of hillenburg's resignation. i would have just wanted it to be in the opposite direction. so only one thing makes sense here. you just admitted that you agree with me and that you also hate the post movie episodes. if you like them though, then why did you just say that it would have been cancelled if they were bad in the first three seasons? because they would not have been bad because they would have been the exact same post movie episodes.

I think my IQ just decreased drastically after reading this.
avatar
storytime7
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

Browser : Chrome
Posts : 2680
Doubloons : 14153
Join date : 2010-08-05
Age : 22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Stephen Hillenburg Discussion

Post by JCM on 8/25/2011, 5:23 pm

Fa wrote:He's saying that so many fans dislike the new seasons now, that if the episodes had started this way, it wouldn't have taken off. He's not saying that he hates them moron, he's just saying how the newer episodes aren't as praised as the older ones and don't have as much of a fair start.
Guys, guys. Be civil. I almost regret bringing this up again now. Rolling Eyes
avatar
JCM
Customers
Customers

Browser : Firefox
Posts : 1014
Doubloons : 15421
Join date : 2011-08-09
Age : 22
Location : The Pacific

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Stephen Hillenburg Discussion

Post by person on 8/25/2011, 5:24 pm

well i seriously don't know what to say anymore if you didn't understand that. i explained it in as clear as the english language can get, and yet you still don't understand. i explain things in as clear as the english language can get in every thread about spongebob that i post in, and yet a lot of people still don't understand.
avatar
person
Customers
Customers

Posts : 245
Doubloons : 14883
Join date : 2010-10-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Stephen Hillenburg Discussion

Post by Metal Snake on 8/25/2011, 6:03 pm

person wrote:well i seriously don't know what to say anymore if you didn't understand that. i explained it in as clear as the english language can get, and yet you still don't understand. i explain things in as clear as the english language can get in every thread about spongebob that i post in, and yet a lot of people still don't understand.

Because half the things you say about Spongebob don't make sense. Stop thinking that it's other people's faults that they don't understand your opinions.
avatar
Metal Snake
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

Browser : Firefox
Posts : 3086
Doubloons : 26140
Join date : 2010-03-08
Age : 22
Location : In a Galaxy Far Away

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Stephen Hillenburg Discussion

Post by person on 8/25/2011, 6:20 pm

it is their fault. you guys just don't understand it.
avatar
person
Customers
Customers

Posts : 245
Doubloons : 14883
Join date : 2010-10-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Stephen Hillenburg Discussion

Post by Metal Snake on 8/25/2011, 6:35 pm

person wrote:it is their fault. you guys just don't understand it.

I give up. Sorry dude, but this was the nail that sealed the coffin. You think so highly of yourself that you can't accept other people's opinions on the things you say. I'm done trying to convince you to stop making these rants in the Spongebob forum, because you just never learn.
avatar
Metal Snake
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

Browser : Firefox
Posts : 3086
Doubloons : 26140
Join date : 2010-03-08
Age : 22
Location : In a Galaxy Far Away

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Stephen Hillenburg Discussion

Post by storytime7 on 8/25/2011, 6:39 pm

person wrote:it is their fault. you guys just don't understand it.

Rolling Eyes You seem to be incapable of understanding that we DO understand what you're saying, but what you're saying is just absolutely ridiculous (and you say the same exact thing 99% of the time.) Stop being so arrogant and thinking that we can't understand what you say because we're too stupid. And you also seem to think we're being rude. No, we aren't being rude, we're just sick of people making the same annoying complaints all the time, and even when we try to ask them nicely to stop, they never listen (which is rude of people like you.)

And like Metal Snake said, you'll never learn, so this is my final comment on the matter as well.
avatar
storytime7
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

Browser : Chrome
Posts : 2680
Doubloons : 14153
Join date : 2010-08-05
Age : 22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Stephen Hillenburg Discussion

Post by JCM on 8/25/2011, 6:41 pm

Alright, then. There's nothing we can do. Let's just leave him be.
avatar
JCM
Customers
Customers

Browser : Firefox
Posts : 1014
Doubloons : 15421
Join date : 2011-08-09
Age : 22
Location : The Pacific

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Stephen Hillenburg Discussion

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum