SBC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Translator
Our Affiliates
Click the image to enter our affiliate's sites!
SpongeHolly's Spongebobness.com Hardest video games you've played? Hollyturneraffiliate
Community Spotlight
Community Spotlight for August 2011 is...
Deli!
Hardest video games you've played? 106-51
Posts and Members
We've hit 500 members!
SBC News
What's New? Currently.... SBC has hit over 500 members! This is great news for us, and hopefully we'll be getting to 600 members soon. Also, a brand new contest is going on. The first 5 users to find a golden ticket hidden somewhere on the forum, will get early access to v7! Congratulations to SOF who was the first person to find the ticket. Remember - use your heads! There are only 3 spots left. See the "Lost Temple" announcement on the homepage for more. Speaking of contests, don't forget to participate in our other contest to put a funny, original caption on an image. The winner will receive 1000 doubloons. In the future... SBC will be moving to vBulletin on August 26th, 2011. This will also be the launch of v7. We had a good time on forumotion, but it is time for us to move. Stay tuned for more!
Richest Users
UPDATED 1.) that70sguy92 (Net Worth: 40817) 2.) Clappy (Net Worth: 25979) 3.) Wumbology (Net Worth: 23558) 4.) jjsthekid (Net Worth: 19850) 5.) Jelly (Net Worth: 19621) 6). tvguy347 (Net Worth: 19142) 7.) Steel Sponge (Net Worth: 14322) 8.) Metal Snake (Net Worth: 13624) 9.) SOF (Net Worth: 12247) 10.) teenj12 (Net Worth: 11163)
SpongeBob News
A brand new DVD named "SpongeBob's Runaway Roadtrip" will be released September 20th, 2011!
Latest topics
» Best Song Ever contest
Hardest video games you've played? Empty8/31/2019, 7:31 pm by Frank Costanza

» Very important reminder!
Hardest video games you've played? Empty8/19/2019, 10:40 pm by Patty Sponge

» my sbc fantasy
Hardest video games you've played? Empty8/19/2019, 10:35 pm by Patty Sponge

» hahahahahaha i'm posting in the krabby kronicle
Hardest video games you've played? Empty8/19/2019, 10:31 pm by Patty Sponge

» FORUMOTION LIVES
Hardest video games you've played? Empty8/19/2019, 9:15 pm by Frank Costanza

» Sean Kingston's Birthday
Hardest video games you've played? Empty8/19/2019, 9:08 pm by Frank Costanza

» Hey! I can still post here!
Hardest video games you've played? Empty7/1/2018, 8:52 pm by HawkbitAlpha

» The Lobby
Hardest video games you've played? Empty12/26/2017, 10:47 pm by SpongeBob’s #1 Fan

» Post Your iDevice's Home Screen
Hardest video games you've played? Empty12/26/2017, 8:14 pm by TheOpenWindowManiac

Hardest video games you've played?

+6
Fa
spongebobiscool
ExKizuna
person
Metal Snake
storytime7
10 posters

Go down

Hardest video games you've played? Empty Hardest video games you've played?

Post by storytime7 8/20/2011, 3:10 am

What are some of the hardest video games you've ever played? And why?
storytime7
storytime7
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

Browser : Chrome
Doubloons : 24683

Back to top Go down

Hardest video games you've played? Empty Re: Hardest video games you've played?

Post by Metal Snake 8/20/2011, 9:58 am

The hardest game I've ever played by far is Battletoads for the NES. There's twelve levels, and nearly all of them are impossible to beat without a LOT of trial and error. To make things worse, you only get three continues.
Metal Snake
Metal Snake
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

Browser : Firefox
Doubloons : 36670

Back to top Go down

Post by person 8/22/2011, 8:30 pm

Donkey Kong Country Returns for Wii
New Play Control: Donkey Kong Jungle Beat for Wii
Super Mario Bros 3
New Super Mario Bros for DS and Wii
Vexx

WHY? I became so agitated in so many levels to the point where i wanted to throw my controller against the wall. i didn't do that though because then it would break, but i did yell and scream and swear loudly because i just couldn't contain myself.

These game made my forehead sweat and my heart beat fast. Every level is all or nothing intensity. Checkpoints come too long into a level(except vexx because you select missions from worlds to complete so there are no checkpoints), and you will have to replay the same part over and over again that you have already past until you get past the hard part that was after that. Or even worse, you will lose all lives, get a game over, and have to restart the whole level all over again. This can take forever to beat it because of its cruel, brutal, and devilishly evil difficulty. But, despite all the frustration, tension, and stress you get out of these games, you also get a lot of fun, entertainment, addiction, and nostalgia out of them too. After all, they ARE platformers, the only genre of video games that I play.

person
person
Customers
Customers

Doubloons : 25413

Back to top Go down

Post by ExKizuna 8/22/2011, 8:37 pm

person wrote:Donkey Kong Country Returns for Wii
Super Mario Bros 3
Vexx

WHY? I became so agitated in so many levels to the point where i wanted to throw my controller against the wall. i didn't do that though because then it would break, but i did yell and scream and swear loudly because i just couldn't contain myself.

These game made my forehead sweat and my heart beat fast. Every level is all or nothing intensity. Checkpoints come too long into a level(except vexx because you select missions from worlds to complete so there are no checkpoints), and you will have to replay the same part over and over again that you have already past until you get past the hard part that was after that. Or even worse, you will lose all lives, get a game over, and have to restart the whole level all over again. This can take forever to beat it because of its cruel, brutal, and devilishly evil difficulty. But, despite all the frustration, tension, and stress you get out of these games, you also get a lot of fun, entertainment, addiction, and nostalgia out of them too. After all, they ARE platformers, the only genre of video games that I play.

If you get mad at these games, or most of them, you would hate original NES/SNES games.

Mega Man 1.
Dick Tracy
Ghosts/Ghouls and Goblins.

Don't think description is needed, if you've even HEARD of these games.
ExKizuna
ExKizuna
Managers
Managers

Browser : Internet Explorer
Doubloons : 28807

Back to top Go down

Post by Metal Snake 8/22/2011, 9:11 pm

ExKizuna wrote:
Super Mario Bros 3
Vexx

If you get mad at these games, or most of them, you would hate original NES/SNES games.

Mega Man 1.
Dick Tracy

Dick Tracy only gets really difficult on the last two levels IMO, but Ghosts n Goblins is hard as hell. I used about 190 continues before I finally finished the first game. I am NOT kidding.
Metal Snake
Metal Snake
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

Back to top Go down

Post by spongebobiscool 8/22/2011, 10:08 pm

Zelda games , there a pain.
spongebobiscool
spongebobiscool
Customers
Customers

Doubloons : 26132

Back to top Go down

Post by storytime7 8/22/2011, 10:12 pm

ExKizuna wrote:
Super Mario Bros 3
Vexx

Mega Man 1.
Dick Tracy

...I actually think Mega Man 1 is pretty easy.
storytime7
storytime7
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

Back to top Go down

Post by Fa 8/23/2011, 1:48 am

There is this one boss in Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story that pissed me off SO MUCH! It was like this Junkerbot thing that Midbus sent after Mario and Luigi, and it always fucking got me. Finally, when I got to it when replaying through it, I powered up the bros with beans, and spammed with the falling star, and barely beat it. It wasn't that it was hard, it just pissed me off because I was underleveled, and 99% of the attacks on me were a OHKO. Oh well, I beat it at least Silly Face!
Fa
Fa
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

Doubloons : 25015

Back to top Go down

Post by storytime7 8/23/2011, 1:51 am

Fa wrote:There is this one boss in Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story that pissed me off SO MUCH! It was like this Junkerbot thing that Midbus sent after Mario and Luigi, and it always fucking got me. Finally, when I got to it when replaying through it, I powered up the bros with beans, and spammed with the falling star, and barely beat it. It wasn't that it was hard, it just pissed me off because I was underleveled, and 99% of the attacks on me were a OHKO. Oh well, I beat it at least Silly Face!

This guy?

Hardest video games you've played? JunkerJC

storytime7
storytime7
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

Back to top Go down

Post by Fa 8/23/2011, 1:52 am

storytime7 wrote:
Fa wrote:There is this one boss in Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story that pissed me off SO MUCH! It was like this Junkerbot thing that Midbus sent after Mario and Luigi, and it always fucking got me. Finally, when I got to it when replaying through it, I powered up the bros with beans, and spammed with the falling star, and barely beat it. It wasn't that it was hard, it just pissed me off because I was underleveled, and 99% of the attacks on me were a OHKO. Oh well, I beat it at least Silly Face!

This guy?

Yeah, that thing
Fa
Fa
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

Back to top Go down

Post by Deli 8/23/2011, 2:25 am

Fa wrote:
storytime7 wrote:

This guy?

Yeah, that thing

I could never get past The Wiggler. -_- The mirror levels on Mario Kart Wii are really hard to beat, considering the tracks are completely reversed from left and right and take a while to learn. The level inside of the frogfish on SpongeBob's Truth or Square (Wii) always gets to me, too. Then there's the whole ''Rock and Roll-a-dillo'' level from Super Mario Galaxy 2 that's a total headache.
Deli
Deli
Community Spotlight
Community Spotlight

Doubloons : 31008

http://www.spongebobxsandy.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by storytime7 8/23/2011, 2:31 am

Anybody ever play Mega Man 2? If so, you KNOW you hated those laser beams in Quickman's stage.

Also, Wily's Fortress: Stage 4....everything about it.
storytime7
storytime7
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

Back to top Go down

Post by Fa 8/23/2011, 2:32 am

storytime7 wrote:Anybody ever play Mega Man 2? If so, you KNOW you hated those laser beams in Quickman's stage.

Every one of the original Mega Man games were infuriatingly hard to me.
Fa
Fa
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

Back to top Go down

Post by storytime7 8/23/2011, 2:39 am

Fa wrote:
storytime7 wrote:Anybody ever play Mega Man 2? If so, you KNOW you hated those laser beams in Quickman's stage.

I still don't get why some people think the first game is difficult....

storytime7
storytime7
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragiiin123 8/23/2011, 7:35 am

old "hard" games are shit.
Dragiiin123
Dragiiin123
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

Doubloons : 24306

Back to top Go down

Post by Spongedude121 8/23/2011, 8:27 am

New Super Mario Bros. Wii. Probably because I'm the worst NSMBW player in the universe.
Spongedude121
Spongedude121
Customers
Customers

Doubloons : 23971

Back to top Go down

Post by person 8/23/2011, 8:34 am

eh, i'm average at NSMB Wii, and finally managed to get through it the first time after playing it so long because it was so hard. after that though if you replay the game again, it's pretty much cake.
person
person
Customers
Customers

Doubloons : 25413

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragiiin123 8/23/2011, 10:12 am

portal 1 advanced chambers. fuck you valve. fuck you.
Dragiiin123
Dragiiin123
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

Back to top Go down

Post by ExKizuna 8/23/2011, 11:47 am

storytime7 wrote:
Fa wrote:

Yellow Devil
No E-Tanks, which would be fine, if the other games didn't get them.
Bosses being incredibly hard if you don't use their weaknesses.
Yellow Devil
6 Robot Masters, but only about 3 useful weapons given to you. Might not seem bad to a lot of people, but-a-still.
No passwords(Passwords are something in Mega Man that are given to you so if you want to stop playing, you write the password down and when you play the game again, you put in the password an bam. It's like a save-point.) No passwords would be fine, you know, if the next game and the others didn't get them.
Yellow Devil.

Was the Yellow Devil mentioned yet?

Dragiiin123 wrote:old "hard" games are shit.
lolumad?
ExKizuna
ExKizuna
Managers
Managers

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragiiin123 8/23/2011, 1:47 pm

ExKizuna wrote:
lolumad?
quite satisfied actually
Dragiiin123
Dragiiin123
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

Back to top Go down

Post by ExKizuna 8/23/2011, 1:53 pm

Dragiiin123 wrote:
ExKizuna wrote:
lolumad?
quite satisfied actually
Whatevz. Because most old games are hard, by todays standards(You know, how now in video games, most will have a nice training section where they take you by the hand and walk through everything nice and slow), so you're basically saying a lot of old games are shit. Wink
ExKizuna
ExKizuna
Managers
Managers

Back to top Go down

Post by OMJ 8/23/2011, 1:58 pm

The old Back tonthe Future games were hard as shit. Then again, I was a kid when I played them, but I'm pretty sure I wouldn't fare better now. Wish I can get my hands on that Japanese BTTF II game the Nerd reviewed. Another game would have to be that Family Guy game, I must honestly say. The Stewie levels were fucking infuriating for me and a few of the cutaway minigames were surprisingly hard to accomplish, especially when you die after beating without hitting a checkpoint or whatever so you have to go through it again. I was so happy once I beat that piece of shit and sold it back to Gamestop.
OMJ
OMJ
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

Browser : Safari
Doubloons : 27511

Back to top Go down

Post by storytime7 8/23/2011, 1:58 pm

ExKizuna wrote:
storytime7 wrote:
Fa wrote:

Yellow Devil
Yellow Devil
6 Robot Masters, but only about 3 useful weapons given to you. Might not seem bad to a lot of people, but-a-still.
No passwords(Passwords are something in Mega Man that are given to you so if you want to stop playing, you write the password down and when you play the game again, you put in the password an bam. It's like a save-point.) No passwords would be fine, you know, if the next game and the others didn't get them.
Yellow Devil.

The Yellow Devil isn't that hard, really. He follows the exact same pattern every time you fight him, so once you learn his pattern, he can be defeated pretty easily.
I agree about No E-Tanks making it a bit more difficult.
Guts Man, Bomb Man, and Cut Man are pretty easy to defeat without their weaknesses, and Fire Man seems hard, but if you time your attacks just right (this will keep him from running around the room attacking you more than once with fire), you can defeat him without getting hit even once. The only bosses that are hard without their weaknesses are: Ice Man (because of the little space between his attacks), and Elec Man (but there's actually a way to defeat this guy buster-only without taking a single hit)
6 Robot Masters is easier than having to deal with 8 Robot Masters (especially considering the fact that Mega Man 3 makes you fight stronger versions of the Robot Masters from Mega Man 2 in the DocRobot stages) And there's always been a few weapons in each Mega Man game that were almost completely useless.
I sorta agree about the no passwords thing, but the game isn't even really that long (especially compared to others in the series.)
storytime7
storytime7
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

Back to top Go down

Post by ExKizuna 8/23/2011, 2:03 pm

storytime7 wrote:
ExKizuna wrote:
storytime7 wrote:
Fa wrote:

Yellow Devil
Yellow Devil
Yellow Devil.

The Yellow Devil isn't that hard, really. He follows the exact same pattern every time you fight him, so once you learn his pattern, he can be defeated pretty easily.
Guts Man, Bomb Man, and Cut Man are pretty easy to defeat without their weaknesses, and Fire Man seems hard, but if you time your attacks just right (this will keep him from running around the room attacking you more than once with fire), you can defeat him without getting hit even once. The only bosses that are hard without their weaknesses are: Ice Man (because of the little space between his attacks), and Elec Man (but there's actually a way to defeat this guy buster-only without taking a single hit)
6 Robot Masters is easier than having to deal with 8 Robot Masters (especially considering the fact that Mega Man 3 makes you fight stronger versions of the Robot Masters from Mega Man 2 in the DocRobot stages) And there's always been a few weapons in each Mega Man game that were almost completely useless.
I sorta agree about the no passwords thing, but the game isn't even really that long (especially compared to others in the series.)
Okay, but you keep talking about "memorizing patterns" and stuff, but I shouldn't have to nail patterns down to a T just to beat a couple parts in the game. And 8 robot masters is a bit better than 6, imo. 6 makes the games a bit shorter, and the bosses are harder when there's less. With 8, there's 2 more, yes, but they are usually a bit more balanced.
ExKizuna
ExKizuna
Managers
Managers

Back to top Go down

Post by storytime7 8/23/2011, 2:11 pm

ExKizuna wrote:
storytime7 wrote:
ExKizuna wrote:
storytime7 wrote:
Fa wrote:

Yellow Devil
Yellow Devil
Yellow Devil.

Okay, but you keep talking about "memorizing patterns" and stuff, but I shouldn't have to nail patterns down to a T just to beat a couple parts in the game. And 8 robot masters is a bit better than 6, imo. 6 makes the games a bit shorter, and the bosses are harder when there's less. With 8, there's 2 more, yes, but they are usually a bit more balanced.

Yeah, but this is Mega Man, and if you wanna beat a boss without their weakness, you're gonna need to know their pattern (or just get reckless with the Megabuster, and hope you win. Silly Face!) True, but in the case of bosses like Quick Man or Burner Man, a lot of the bosses in Mega Man 1 might seem a bit easy in comparison.
storytime7
storytime7
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragiiin123 8/23/2011, 3:15 pm

ExKizuna wrote:
Dragiiin123 wrote:
ExKizuna wrote:
lolumad?
quite satisfied actually
Whatevz. Because most old games are hard, by todays standards(You know, how now in video games, most will have a nice training section where they take you by the hand and walk through everything nice and slow), so you're basically saying a lot of old games are shit. Wink
nah broseph i just worded my words pretty shitty. games like battletoads and stuff are shit. mainly because i dont like games like that. plus, some hard games are rad, like gimmick. now excuse me while i put a smiley here for no jsutified reason Monster ROCK!
Dragiiin123
Dragiiin123
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

Back to top Go down

Post by ExKizuna 8/23/2011, 3:23 pm

Dragiiin123 wrote:
ExKizuna wrote:
Dragiiin123 wrote:
ExKizuna wrote:
lolumad?
quite satisfied actually
nah broseph i just worded my words pretty shitty. games like battletoads and stuff are shit. mainly because i dont like games like that. plus, some hard games are rad, like gimmick. now excuse me while i put a smiley here for no jsutified reason Monster ROCK!
Oh, NOW i see what you mean. You don't mean old games that are hard, you mean the hard games that are always being talked about because of their difficulty. That makes sense to people besides me and Drag, right?
ExKizuna
ExKizuna
Managers
Managers

Back to top Go down

Post by Metal Snake 8/23/2011, 3:29 pm

ExKizuna wrote:
Dragiiin123 wrote:
ExKizuna wrote:
Dragiiin123 wrote:
ExKizuna wrote:
lolumad?
quite satisfied actually
Oh, NOW i see what you mean. You don't mean old games that are hard, you mean the hard games that are always being talked about because of their difficulty. That makes sense to people besides me and Drag, right?

While I think games like Battletoads are awesome, yeah, I get what he means.
Metal Snake
Metal Snake
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

Back to top Go down

Post by storytime7 8/23/2011, 3:36 pm

ExKizuna wrote:
Dragiiin123 wrote:
ExKizuna wrote:
Dragiiin123 wrote:
ExKizuna wrote:
lolumad?
quite satisfied actually

Yeah, it makes sense to me too.
storytime7
storytime7
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragiiin123 8/23/2011, 3:40 pm

ExKizuna wrote:
Dragiiin123 wrote:
ExKizuna wrote:
Dragiiin123 wrote:
ExKizuna wrote:
lolumad?
quite satisfied actually
exactly what i mean
Dragiiin123
Dragiiin123
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down