I forgot my password

Translator
Our Affiliates
Click the image to enter our affiliate's sites!
SpongeHolly's Spongebobness.com
Community Spotlight
Community Spotlight for August 2011 is...
Deli!
Posts and Members
We've hit 500 members!
SBC News
What's New? Currently.... SBC has hit over 500 members! This is great news for us, and hopefully we'll be getting to 600 members soon. Also, a brand new contest is going on. The first 5 users to find a golden ticket hidden somewhere on the forum, will get early access to v7! Congratulations to SOF who was the first person to find the ticket. Remember - use your heads! There are only 3 spots left. See the "Lost Temple" announcement on the homepage for more. Speaking of contests, don't forget to participate in our other contest to put a funny, original caption on an image. The winner will receive 1000 doubloons. In the future... SBC will be moving to vBulletin on August 26th, 2011. This will also be the launch of v7. We had a good time on forumotion, but it is time for us to move. Stay tuned for more!
Richest Users
UPDATED 1.) that70sguy92 (Net Worth: 40817) 2.) Clappy (Net Worth: 25979) 3.) Wumbology (Net Worth: 23558) 4.) jjsthekid (Net Worth: 19850) 5.) Jelly (Net Worth: 19621) 6). tvguy347 (Net Worth: 19142) 7.) Steel Sponge (Net Worth: 14322) 8.) Metal Snake (Net Worth: 13624) 9.) SOF (Net Worth: 12247) 10.) teenj12 (Net Worth: 11163)
SpongeBob News
A brand new DVD named "SpongeBob's Runaway Roadtrip" will be released September 20th, 2011!
Latest topics
» Hey! I can still post here!
7/1/2018, 8:52 pm by HawkbitAlpha

» Spongebuddymania.net
7/1/2018, 8:49 pm by HawkbitAlpha

» The you're really pissing me off thread
7/1/2018, 8:47 pm by HawkbitAlpha

» FORUMOTION LIVES
7/1/2018, 7:46 pm by HawkbitAlpha

» The Lobby
12/26/2017, 10:47 pm by SpongeBob’s #1 Fan

» Post Your iDevice's Home Screen
12/26/2017, 8:14 pm by TheOpenWindowManiac

» eeeeehhhhh
12/26/2017, 11:58 am by Conehead

» Hi everyone
12/26/2017, 11:55 am by Conehead

» Off-Topic!
12/26/2017, 2:51 am by OMJ

Wild Mass Guessing

Go down

Wild Mass Guessing

Post by teenj12 on 2/12/2011, 9:23 pm

WMG refers to Wild Mass Guessing (I made it up) where I attempt to find a song that matches a character, couple, or show.

Today's WMG: "The Fame" (song) by Lady Gaga is a satire of Lighning McQueen:

The debut album of Lady Gaga has a recurring theme of the desire to become famous, and the most conspicuous example of this is the titular song. At the beginning of "Cars", Lightning is a "hotshot rookie race car" whose goal is to be the first rookie to win the piston cup, AND to impress the people at DINOCO in hopes of taking over The King as the spokesperson. (I had a lot of different contenders for this, since a lot of the songs dealt with "Fame", but I somehow managed to narrow it down.) The 1st person verses are from the protagonist's POV, and the first few lines are, like I said, a satire or parody of how he's self-absorbed and obsessed with "a life of material". The second verse begins with "I can see myself in the movies with my picture in city lights." This refers to how Lightning fantasizes about getting an endorsment from DINOCO and how it would make him even MORE famous than he already is. "Dont' ask me how or why, But I'm gonna make it happen this time" alluding to the Piston Cup race, and how he's determined to win. (actually, this could apply to pretty much ANY race he's been in)
teenj12
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

Browser : Firefox
Doubloons : 23842

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wild Mass Guessing

Post by Wumbology on 2/13/2011, 7:41 am

Wild Mass Guessing? Silly Face!

As an administrator, I hop on bandwagons like these.
Wumbology
Managers
Managers

Browser : Internet Explorer
Doubloons : 36158
Location : not Gayada... not that there's anything wrong with that

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Clappy on 2/13/2011, 5:17 pm

I still don't understand the rules to this game =/

Clappy
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

Doubloons : 38581

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by that70sguy92 on 2/13/2011, 5:18 pm

Clappy wrote:I still don't understand the rules to this game =/
I don't even know what it is.

Brittany: Well, family is a place where everybody loves you no matter what. And they accept you for who you are. I know I'm going to be a bridesmaid at Mike and Tina's wedding. And I'm going to be anxiously waiting just like everybody else to see if their babies are Asian too. When they find an operation to make Artie's legs work again, I'm going to be there for his first steps. I love them, I love everyone in glee club and I get to spend another year with the people I love. So, I'm good.
Santana: What about you and I?
Brittany: I love you Santana. I love you more than I've ever loved anyone else in this world. All I know about you and I is that because of that, I think anything's possible.
Santana: When did you get so smart?
that70sguy92
Managers
Managers

Browser : Chrome
Doubloons : 53497

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Clappy on 2/13/2011, 5:21 pm

that70sguy92 wrote:
Clappy wrote:I still don't understand the rules to this game =/
I don't even know what it is.
Maybe we are suppose to wild mass guess what this game is?

Clappy
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by teenj12 on 2/13/2011, 8:02 pm

Its not a game guys.

Todays WMG: "Telephone" is based on "Ratatouille"

I always assumed that "Telephone" could also be a metaphor for your concience in the song. In this case, the conscience (or simlpy the voice in the head is Remy the rat, who hides inside Liguini's hat as together they become the most popular chef at Gusteau's. As time goes on, Linguini sort of forgets to listen to Remy or even pay attention to him as fame gets to his head (even though that's because of REMY himself). So the song is him telling Remy that he's sick of Remy "controlling" him, and... well, I can't really go into this anymore without making him sound like a jerkwad (which he's not). Linguini starts getting caught up in his own personal life and forgetting his duties ("I'm kinda busy"/"I don't wanna think anymore"/etc.) Of course that's not to say that Linguini didn't ever appreciate him, and he let's Remy know that. ("Not that I don't like you, I'm just at a party..") So, in a nutshell, this is probably Gaga's take on Remy and Linguini's fallout near the end, if that makes any sense. :!
teenj12
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by that70sguy92 on 2/13/2011, 8:09 pm

I still don't know what it is.

Brittany: Well, family is a place where everybody loves you no matter what. And they accept you for who you are. I know I'm going to be a bridesmaid at Mike and Tina's wedding. And I'm going to be anxiously waiting just like everybody else to see if their babies are Asian too. When they find an operation to make Artie's legs work again, I'm going to be there for his first steps. I love them, I love everyone in glee club and I get to spend another year with the people I love. So, I'm good.
Santana: What about you and I?
Brittany: I love you Santana. I love you more than I've ever loved anyone else in this world. All I know about you and I is that because of that, I think anything's possible.
Santana: When did you get so smart?
that70sguy92
Managers
Managers

Doubloons : 53497

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by teenj12 on 2/13/2011, 8:15 pm

Basically, I use a song and find a couple, character, or show that correspondes to the song.
teenj12
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fa on 2/13/2011, 8:50 pm

What is this? It makes very little sense to me scratcher
Fa
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

Doubloons : 14625

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wumbology on 2/13/2011, 9:48 pm

I hope these aren't serious, or at least not too serious.

Wumbology
Managers
Managers

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by teenj12 on 2/13/2011, 10:07 pm

^ No they aren't Silly Face! .
teenj12
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Sponge on 2/13/2011, 11:49 pm

I am very confused.

Current Spin-Offs: Pisces Moon, Z-Storm, UWS: SBC Style, S.P.O.N.G.E.B.O.B
Ended: Adventures of No Name
Hiatus: Guru Gakuto

[Yeah, don't ask me about my signature, I'm working on it]
Steel Sponge
Fry Cooks
Fry Cooks

Doubloons : 27009

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Elastic Dog on 2/14/2011, 4:07 pm

All I can see is WMG, and it brings tears to my eyes.
Elastic Dog
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

Browser : Safari
Doubloons : 22574

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tvguy347 on 2/14/2011, 4:11 pm

tvguy=very confuzzled.

I'M GOING TO SLEEP. OR WATCH GEORGE LOPEZ. WASTING TIME ON HERE NOT SLEEPING IS SHAMEFUL TO ME. GOODNIGHT.
~Person on the Xat
tvguy347
Cashiers
Cashiers

Doubloons : 31830

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ♣CF♣ on 2/14/2011, 5:55 pm

I don't get it... :I
♣CF♣
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

Doubloons : 22340

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by teenj12 on 2/14/2011, 6:02 pm

Today's WMG: "LoveGame" is an R-rated take on Buzz and Jessie's relationship

Don't give me that look.

Okay, maybe that's looking a bit TOO much into this, but I'm gonna share anyway.

So, I think we can all agree that Jessie is the more outgoing of the two, and therefore the most likely to, um,begin a playdate. This song is all about that (I'm not sure how much info Gaga could have taken from those last few minutes of TS2, but we can all make our assuptions). "I wanna kiss you/ But if I do then I might miss you, babe" is talking about how she wants a connection with Buzz, but is afraid he'll be too shy or stubborn and reject the offer (Remember; Buzz wasn't all that open about his feeling until he was reset to Spanish mode). "It's complicated and stupid"- Jessie herself is confused about these new sexual feelings and trying to sort things out and figure out what she wants. The "Stupid" part comes in because there's really no good reason for toys to have sex with each other, except maybe for the pleasure of it. "Guess he wants to play, wants to play, a love game, a love game"- double entandre; Andy could make the two play damsel and hero all he wants, but it will be years after he stops playing with them that there's ANOTHER kind of "love game"- one that certain toysplay themselves when no one looks... "Hold me and love me/Just wanna touch you for a minute/ Maybe three seconds is enough for my heart to quit it" meaning that Jessie is still new to these feelings, and wants to experience them, and is not sure how long it would take before her heart calms down from the excitement. "You've indicated your interest"- it's made quite clear that Buzz likes Jessie, even if he doesn't outright say it. Heck his "disco stick" wings popped up when he saw her on the race car track!

"I'm educated in sex, yes/ And now I want it bad..." this is probably stretching it a little, but we never know. Jessie presumebly spent a good chunk of her former owner's adolecent years under the bed and unplayed with, right? So in order to keep up with her loved one's life (and maybe to pass time) Jessie would occasionally peep into Emily's diary and see what she doing that pulled her awat from playtime. Aside from friends, hobbies, music, etc., Emily most likely wrote about boys that she liked and the whatnot, and poured out the emotions in the diary. As she grew older and more mature, the entries became more PG-13 and R-rated as she talked about sex and "Love" and rumors of people sleeping together... Jessie must have gained a LOT of knowledge in what this "thing" was that Emily (and other girls her age, presumably) was so interested in. Naturally, Jessie herself didn't know what exactly "it" was or why it was such a big deal... until she met Buzz. Ah, the power of love.

Anywho, "The story of us/ It always starts the same/ with a boyand a girl and a (huh!) and a game!" is not really talking about them personally, but the playtimes that Andy would stage They usually involved al of the toy's participation, Bo Peep being the damsel in distress, (and maybe even Jessie on occasion, we'll never know) and Woody and Buzz being the heroes. The "us", then, refering to all of Andy's toys as a whole. This probably make the second part of the bridge the most "innocent" part of the entire song.

So, um, aside from the sex obsession, Jessie DOES love buzz on an emotional level as well; she's not a s*** or anything, just so we're clear.

Of course then you apply all of this to the fact that Jessie now knows about Buzz's "Spanish Mode" (which makes him more romantic) in the second movie and you realize not only can any of the above be considered canon, it could lead to some Nightmare Fuel/Fridge Horror...
teenj12
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Elastic Dog on 2/27/2011, 5:19 pm

Elastic Dog
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

Doubloons : 22574

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Clappy on 3/1/2011, 10:45 am

It's still confusing

Clappy
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Metal Snake on 3/1/2011, 4:05 pm

I don't understand what this is.
Metal Snake
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

Doubloons : 26280

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wumbology on 3/1/2011, 4:49 pm

teenj12 wrote:Basically, I use a song and find a couple, character, or show that correspondes to the song.
Is this really so hard to understand?

Wumbology
Managers
Managers

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Clappy on 3/1/2011, 5:27 pm

Wumbology wrote:
teenj12 wrote:Basically, I use a song and find a couple, character, or show that correspondes to the song.
Well I didn't see that in the flood of I don't get this or teenj playing the game that I did not understand. Still, where is the fun for the rest of us if we have to watch teenj do everything?

Clappy
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wumbology on 3/1/2011, 5:56 pm

Clappy wrote:
Wumbology wrote:
Well I didn't see that in the flood of I don't get this or teenj playing the game that I did not understand. Still, where is the fun for the rest of us if we have to watch teenj do everything?
Yeah, this is a classic case of too many people saying "I DUN GET IT" without reading all of the posts.

Also, maybe this thread would be improved if we could spin our own "theories" on songs.

Wumbology
Managers
Managers

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by teenj12 on 3/1/2011, 6:30 pm

I have no problem with that Smile .
teenj12