Log in

I forgot my password

Translator
Our Affiliates
Click the image to enter our affiliate's sites!
SpongeHolly's Spongebobness.com
Community Spotlight
Community Spotlight for August 2011 is...
Deli!
Posts and Members
We've hit 500 members!
SBC News
What's New? Currently.... SBC has hit over 500 members! This is great news for us, and hopefully we'll be getting to 600 members soon. Also, a brand new contest is going on. The first 5 users to find a golden ticket hidden somewhere on the forum, will get early access to v7! Congratulations to SOF who was the first person to find the ticket. Remember - use your heads! There are only 3 spots left. See the "Lost Temple" announcement on the homepage for more. Speaking of contests, don't forget to participate in our other contest to put a funny, original caption on an image. The winner will receive 1000 doubloons. In the future... SBC will be moving to vBulletin on August 26th, 2011. This will also be the launch of v7. We had a good time on forumotion, but it is time for us to move. Stay tuned for more!
Richest Users
UPDATED 1.) that70sguy92 (Net Worth: 40817) 2.) Clappy (Net Worth: 25979) 3.) Wumbology (Net Worth: 23558) 4.) jjsthekid (Net Worth: 19850) 5.) Jelly (Net Worth: 19621) 6). tvguy347 (Net Worth: 19142) 7.) Steel Sponge (Net Worth: 14322) 8.) Metal Snake (Net Worth: 13624) 9.) SOF (Net Worth: 12247) 10.) teenj12 (Net Worth: 11163)
SpongeBob News
A brand new DVD named "SpongeBob's Runaway Roadtrip" will be released September 20th, 2011!
Latest topics
» Bikini Bottom in 3D
1/10/2013, 9:18 pm by CDCB

» Off-Topic!
9/6/2011, 7:19 am by OMJ

» Spin-Off Festival Info
9/5/2011, 7:10 pm by ExKizuna

» SpongeBob is now a subculture!!! :D
9/5/2011, 12:19 pm by Jaiman1998

» Contest!!!!1111!!11!!!!
9/2/2011, 8:59 pm by spongebobiscool

» Rate the Thing Above You
9/1/2011, 3:30 pm by SOF

» The Ban Game!
9/1/2011, 2:16 pm by SOF

» This or That? game
9/1/2011, 2:15 pm by SOF

» Guess the Next Poster
9/1/2011, 2:13 pm by SOF


''All Spandy Fans Are Homophobes''

View previous topic View next topic Go down

''All Spandy Fans Are Homophobes''

Post by Deli on 1/8/2011, 9:12 pm

Okay, so there's a new group on dA called ''Anti-Spandy''.
Here's the URL. http://antispandy.deviantart.com/

I'm okay with slash, but the reason that this group was even started is ridiculous. They complain that ''all Spandy fans are homophobes''. Correction. I am not a homophobe. You support SquidBob? So what? That's your choice! Just because I don't support it, it doesn't mean I hate it. Love has no boundaries. If a man and a woman that hate each other have every right to be together, than two women or two men who deeply love each other should have the right too, if you want a direct quote about it (Lois, Family Guy: You May Now Kiss The Uh... Guy Who Recieves). I support gay rights even though I ship hetero couples. Now, I'm going to admit; there are Spandy fans who troll on every piece of slash they find on the internet and go all n00b on them, and they deserve to be knocked down a few pegs. Other than those fools, we're not so bad.

However, the few things I dislike about yaoi/slash is that there is a difference between it and homosexuality. This only applies to some artists, but most slash just consists of two men doing it. Just sex. Homosexuality is not all about sex; it is a commitment between two people of the same gender who love each other and want to spend the rest of their lives together. They don't constantly rape or have buttsex with each other all the freaking time.

Secondly, what gives them the right to call us homophobes? They talk about not spreading the hate, but they're hating us. So that only makes more hate. A homophobe is someone who totally hates homosexuals, but the homophobes they speak of are just people who think it's wrong when they look up a popular cartoon and suddenly, all they see is sex games and butt raping. That's not being homophobic, that's just thinking that porn can be disgusting.

I've noticed that some Spandy shippers actually LIKE some SpongeBob slash. What about AkikuUzumaki7, huh? Squiddi? (she's in the SquidBob group) Mi-kitty555? And yes, even Jelly on this forum (just tell me to edit that out if you don't want to be part of this, Jelly, I'm sorry if I offend you at all). All of them like slash and hetero. I also know that maybe some people on Muffin's website like some slash (I'm not saying any names, so don't freak)! Heck, I like slash! Yes, you heard me; I LIKE SOME SLASH COUPLES. They aren't SpongeBob related, but I like them! I even have OCs that show my openness on the subject of being gay.

Anyway, if a slash fan tells you that Spandy is homophobic; don't listen. There's a difference of homophobia and being grossed out by porn. Not all of us are bad, and not all of us hate slash.
avatar
Deli
Community Spotlight
Community Spotlight

Browser : Internet Explorer
Posts : 771
Doubloons : 18923
Join date : 2010-06-24
Age : 20
Location : Sarasaland

View user profile http://www.spongebobxsandy.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Re: ''All Spandy Fans Are Homophobes''

Post by tvguy347 on 1/8/2011, 9:17 pm

Slash? Embarassed Sorry to sound nooby, but I'm not familiar with that...




I'M GOING TO SLEEP. OR WATCH GEORGE LOPEZ. WASTING TIME ON HERE NOT SLEEPING IS SHAMEFUL TO ME. GOODNIGHT.
~Person on the Xat
avatar
tvguy347
Cashiers
Cashiers

Browser : Safari
Posts : 9886
Doubloons : 30135
Join date : 2009-11-02
Age : 18
Location : Don't worry about it

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ''All Spandy Fans Are Homophobes''

Post by that70sguy92 on 1/8/2011, 9:18 pm

tvguy347 wrote:Slash? Embarassed Sorry to sound nooby, but I'm not familiar with that...
...Homosexual pairing.




Brittany: Well, family is a place where everybody loves you no matter what. And they accept you for who you are. I know I'm going to be a bridesmaid at Mike and Tina's wedding. And I'm going to be anxiously waiting just like everybody else to see if their babies are Asian too. When they find an operation to make Artie's legs work again, I'm going to be there for his first steps. I love them, I love everyone in glee club and I get to spend another year with the people I love. So, I'm good.
Santana: What about you and I?
Brittany: I love you Santana. I love you more than I've ever loved anyone else in this world. All I know about you and I is that because of that, I think anything's possible.
Santana: When did you get so smart?
avatar
that70sguy92
Managers
Managers

Browser : Chrome
Posts : 11046
Doubloons : 51802
Join date : 2009-10-12
Age : 25
Location : Rock Bottom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ''All Spandy Fans Are Homophobes''

Post by ExKizuna on 1/8/2011, 9:19 pm

tvguy347 wrote:Slash? Embarassed Sorry to sound nooby, but I'm not familiar with that...
Are you serious? xD It's what 70s said, homosexual pairing


avatar
ExKizuna
Managers
Managers

Browser : Internet Explorer
Posts : 3408
Doubloons : 16722
Join date : 2009-10-12
Age : 21
Location : Hi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ''All Spandy Fans Are Homophobes''

Post by Deli on 1/8/2011, 9:20 pm

tvguy347 wrote:Slash? Embarassed Sorry to sound nooby, but I'm not familiar with that...

Slash is basically drawing/supporting a homosexual couple. The term is really only relevant with western cartoons, but in anime it's called ''yaoi'' (pronounced ''yow-ee''). You know, like when you go on Google images to look up SpongeBob and see pictures of Patrick and SpongeBob making out or doing the nasty.
avatar
Deli
Community Spotlight
Community Spotlight

Browser : Internet Explorer
Posts : 771
Doubloons : 18923
Join date : 2010-06-24
Age : 20
Location : Sarasaland

View user profile http://www.spongebobxsandy.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Re: ''All Spandy Fans Are Homophobes''

Post by tvguy347 on 1/8/2011, 9:30 pm

Sorry...I didn't know.




I'M GOING TO SLEEP. OR WATCH GEORGE LOPEZ. WASTING TIME ON HERE NOT SLEEPING IS SHAMEFUL TO ME. GOODNIGHT.
~Person on the Xat
avatar
tvguy347
Cashiers
Cashiers

Browser : Safari
Posts : 9886
Doubloons : 30135
Join date : 2009-11-02
Age : 18
Location : Don't worry about it

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ''All Spandy Fans Are Homophobes''

Post by Deli on 1/8/2011, 9:33 pm

tvguy347 wrote:Sorry...I didn't know.

It's not your fault.
avatar
Deli
Community Spotlight
Community Spotlight

Browser : Internet Explorer
Posts : 771
Doubloons : 18923
Join date : 2010-06-24
Age : 20
Location : Sarasaland

View user profile http://www.spongebobxsandy.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Re: ''All Spandy Fans Are Homophobes''

Post by Steel Sponge on 1/8/2011, 9:57 pm

One of my thousand reasons why I don't use deviantart.


Current Spin-Offs: Pisces Moon, Z-Storm, UWS: SBC Style, S.P.O.N.G.E.B.O.B
Ended: Adventures of No Name
Hiatus: Guru Gakuto

[Yeah, don't ask me about my signature, I'm working on it]
avatar
Steel Sponge
Fry Cooks
Fry Cooks

Browser : Internet Explorer
Posts : 6332
Doubloons : 25314
Join date : 2010-01-23
Location : Galaluna

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ''All Spandy Fans Are Homophobes''

Post by Deli on 1/8/2011, 10:18 pm

Steel Sponge wrote:One of my thousand reasons why I don't use deviantart.

The funny thing is, they're supposed to be all about gay rights and not spreading the hate.
avatar
Deli
Community Spotlight
Community Spotlight

Browser : Internet Explorer
Posts : 771
Doubloons : 18923
Join date : 2010-06-24
Age : 20
Location : Sarasaland

View user profile http://www.spongebobxsandy.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Re: ''All Spandy Fans Are Homophobes''

Post by SOF on 1/8/2011, 10:22 pm

i'm sorry? what?
avatar
SOF
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

Browser : Firefox
Posts : 1195
Doubloons : 23207
Join date : 2010-01-24
Age : 25
Location : Toronto. Ontario Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ''All Spandy Fans Are Homophobes''

Post by Wumbology on 1/9/2011, 9:10 am

SpongeBob shouldn't be in a relationship with anyone IMO, but to call Spandy believers homophobes is pretty fucking ridiculous.


As an administrator, I hop on bandwagons like these.
avatar
Wumbology
Managers
Managers

Browser : Internet Explorer
Posts : 9668
Doubloons : 34463
Join date : 2010-01-24
Age : 22
Location : not Gayada... not that there's anything wrong with that

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ''All Spandy Fans Are Homophobes''

Post by tvguy347 on 1/9/2011, 12:36 pm

Wumbology wrote:SpongeBob shouldn't be in a relationship with anyone IMO, but to call Spandy believers homophobes is pretty fucking ridiculous.

I completely agree.




I'M GOING TO SLEEP. OR WATCH GEORGE LOPEZ. WASTING TIME ON HERE NOT SLEEPING IS SHAMEFUL TO ME. GOODNIGHT.
~Person on the Xat
avatar
tvguy347
Cashiers
Cashiers

Browser : Safari
Posts : 9886
Doubloons : 30135
Join date : 2009-11-02
Age : 18
Location : Don't worry about it

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ''All Spandy Fans Are Homophobes''

Post by Dragiiin123 on 1/9/2011, 2:03 pm

SQUIDBOB FOREVER
avatar
Dragiiin123
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

Browser : Chrome
Posts : 3402
Doubloons : 12221
Join date : 2009-10-18
Age : 19
Location : WHAT ES GOING ON EL MEXICO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ''All Spandy Fans Are Homophobes''

Post by Deli on 1/9/2011, 2:07 pm

Dragiiin123 wrote:SQUIDBOB FOREVER


And the award for the most likely to break up a conversation goes to...
avatar
Deli
Community Spotlight
Community Spotlight

Browser : Internet Explorer
Posts : 771
Doubloons : 18923
Join date : 2010-06-24
Age : 20
Location : Sarasaland

View user profile http://www.spongebobxsandy.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Re: ''All Spandy Fans Are Homophobes''

Post by Dragiiin123 on 1/9/2011, 2:15 pm

Deli wrote:
Dragiiin123 wrote:SQUIDBOB FOREVER


And the award for the most likely to break up a conversation goes to...
YOU LIE!!!!! SPONGEBOB x SQUIDWARD 4EVER BECAUSE IT'S OBVIOUS SQUIDWARD MASKS HIS TRUE FEELINGS FOR SPONGEBOB!!!! HOW ARE YOU NOT SEEING THIS, DO I NEED TO MAKE UP EVIDENCE I THINK I SEE BECAUSE I'M THAT OBSESSED WITH THIS COUPLE TO MAKE YOU UNDERSTAND THAT SQUIDBOB IS DESTINED TO HAPPEN IN AN EPISODE BECAUSE I BELIEVE A KIDS CARTOON SHOW SHOULD HAVE TWO MEN KISSING?!!?!?
-terminoob.


Last edited by Dragiiin123 on 1/9/2011, 2:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Dragiiin123
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

Browser : Chrome
Posts : 3402
Doubloons : 12221
Join date : 2009-10-18
Age : 19
Location : WHAT ES GOING ON EL MEXICO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ''All Spandy Fans Are Homophobes''

Post by tvguy347 on 1/9/2011, 2:17 pm

Dragiiin123 wrote:
Deli wrote:
Dragiiin123 wrote:SQUIDBOB FOREVER


And the award for the most likely to break up a conversation goes to...
YOU LIE!!!!! SPONGEBOB x SQUIDWARD 4EVER BECAUSE IT'S OBVIOUS SQUIDWARD MASKS HIS TRUE FEELINGS FOR SPONGEBOB!!!! HOW ARE YOU NOT SEEING THIS, DO I NEED TO MAKE UP EVIDENCE I THINK I SEE BECAUSE I'M THAT OBSESSED WITH THIS COUPLE TO MAKE YOU UNDERSTAND THAT SQUIDBOB IS DESTINED TO HAPPEN IN AN EPISODE BECAUSE I BELIEVE A KIDS CARTOON SHOW SHOULD HAVE TWO MEN KISSING?!!?!?

goes to....Dragiiin123!





I'M GOING TO SLEEP. OR WATCH GEORGE LOPEZ. WASTING TIME ON HERE NOT SLEEPING IS SHAMEFUL TO ME. GOODNIGHT.
~Person on the Xat
avatar
tvguy347
Cashiers
Cashiers

Browser : Safari
Posts : 9886
Doubloons : 30135
Join date : 2009-11-02
Age : 18
Location : Don't worry about it

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ''All Spandy Fans Are Homophobes''

Post by Wumbology on 1/9/2011, 2:54 pm

Well, this thread sure went to shit.


As an administrator, I hop on bandwagons like these.
avatar
Wumbology
Managers
Managers

Browser : Internet Explorer
Posts : 9668
Doubloons : 34463
Join date : 2010-01-24
Age : 22
Location : not Gayada... not that there's anything wrong with that

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ''All Spandy Fans Are Homophobes''

Post by Metal Snake on 1/9/2011, 7:04 pm

How does supporting the Spandy couple make you a homophobe?
avatar
Metal Snake
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

Browser : Firefox
Posts : 3086
Doubloons : 24585
Join date : 2010-03-08
Age : 21
Location : In a Galaxy Far Away

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ''All Spandy Fans Are Homophobes''

Post by Doogle. on 1/9/2011, 7:23 pm

Deli, everything you put I agree with.
And as Wumbo said, SpongeBob shouldn't have a relationship.
So yes he's flirted with Squidward but so what? Squidward is a sexy man/octopus. Silly Face!
avatar
Doogle.
Customers
Customers

Browser : Chrome
Posts : 1104
Doubloons : 15061
Join date : 2010-02-26
Age : 20
Location : England

View user profile http://twitter.com/PaperDoogle

Back to top Go down

Re: ''All Spandy Fans Are Homophobes''

Post by Jelly on 1/10/2011, 1:03 am

hm, ok, here's a topic I relate to quite a lot. I'm straight, but I don't ship that many hetero couples, you see. I know its weird, but I'm a sucker for slash, and not every kind of slash, just mainly SpongeBob and..(I know this one may be VERY weird for most) but Beatles slash is one of my favorite...pastimes *u* Now, I can't really tell you WHY I'm too fond of taking the men I admire the most and think they're gay for each other O_o. But it did start when I started to have an "internet life" and found out that there are people that like pretty much any thing you can think of.
I completely agree with you when you say that slash fanart and fanfics tend to be too sexual. That's why I try not to make my slash drawings too sexual because I do not draw porn to begin with, but from the many slash fanfics I've read, I can tell you that the "lime" makes its appearance in many of the ones I like =/

But, not to go that much off-topic, those kids are crazy calling people homophobes for liking a het couple. WTF. I acknowledge I am the founder of the first SpongeBob Slash group in DA, but we never bash on Spandy or any other het pairings. They wanted to affiliate with my group but I didn't accept it, since I do like Spandy, so @_@




**Awards this way**
Spoiler:

Winner of the 2nd SpongeBob Jeopardy Game! June, 2011
The I has a Facebook award.

YouTube DeviantArt
avatar
Jelly
Cashiers
Cashiers

Browser : Chrome
Posts : 4680
Doubloons : 30636
Join date : 2009-10-12
Age : 28
Location : Where rockinghorse people eat marshmallow pies

View user profile http://spongefifi.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Re: ''All Spandy Fans Are Homophobes''

Post by Deli on 1/10/2011, 1:11 am

JellyFishJammer wrote:hm, ok, here's a topic I relate to quite a lot. I'm straight, but I don't ship that many hetero couples, you see. I know its weird, but I'm a sucker for slash, and not every kind of slash, just mainly SpongeBob and..(I know this one may be VERY weird for most) but Beatles slash is one of my favorite...pastimes *u* Now, I can't really tell you WHY I'm too fond of taking the men I admire the most and think they're gay for each other O_o. But it did start when I started to have an "internet life" and found out that there are people that like pretty much any thing you can think of.
I completely agree with you when you say that slash fanart and fanfics tend to be too sexual. That's why I try not to make my slash drawings too sexual because I do not draw porn to begin with, but from the many slash fanfics I've read, I can tell you that the "lime" makes its appearance in many of the ones I like =/

But, not to go that much off-topic, those kids are crazy calling people homophobes for liking a het couple. WTF. I acknowledge I am the founder of the first SpongeBob Slash group in DA, but we never bash on Spandy or any other het pairings. They wanted to affiliate with my group but I didn't accept it, since I do like Spandy, so @_@


Yeah, I encountered a lot of extremely weird shippings when I started to get an internet life, but I grew to love them somehow. But I didn't know you founded the first SpongeBob slash group, I knew you were a founder, but I didn't know you were the main founder. And that's really cool that your group isn't apposed to het pairings. Smile
avatar
Deli
Community Spotlight
Community Spotlight

Browser : Internet Explorer
Posts : 771
Doubloons : 18923
Join date : 2010-06-24
Age : 20
Location : Sarasaland

View user profile http://www.spongebobxsandy.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Re: ''All Spandy Fans Are Homophobes''

Post by Jelly on 1/10/2011, 1:21 am

[quote="Deli"][quote="JellyFishJammer"]hm, ok, here's a topic I relate to quite a lot. I'm straight, but I don't ship that many hetero couples, you see. I know its weird, but I'm a sucker for slash, and not every kind of slash, just mainly SpongeBob and..(I know this one may be VERY weird for most) but Beatles slash is one of my favorite...pastimes *u* Now, I can't really tell you WHY I'm too fond of taking the men I admire the most and think they're gay for each other O_o. But it did start when I started to have an "internet life" and found out that there are people that like pretty much any thing you can think of.
I completely agree with you when you say that slash fanart and fanfics tend to be too sexual. That's why I try not to make my slash drawings too sexual because I do not draw porn to begin with, but from the many slash fanfics I've read, I can tell you that the "lime" makes its appearance in many of the ones I like =/
But, not to go that much off-topic, those kids are crazy calling people homophobes for liking a het couple. WTF. I acknowledge I am the founder of the first SpongeBob Slash group in DA, but we never bash on Spandy or any other het pairings. They wanted to affiliate with my group but I didn't accept it, since I do like Spandy, so @_@
[/quote]

Yeah, I encountered a lot of extremely weird shippings when I started to get an internet life, but I grew to love them somehow. But I didn't know you founded the first SpongeBob slash group, I knew you were a founder, but I didn't know you were the main founder. And that's really cool that your group isn't apposed to het pairings. Smile [/quote]

Yeah, now there's another SpongeBob Slash group (in which I'm a Contributor) founded by General-Kel that has become more popular than mine mainly because she has spent a lot of time inviting people, task that I have no time or dont feel the need to do. I've noticed that that group is more strict to slash, they affiliated with Anti-Spandy too, so that should tell you something.
I'm also co-founder of a Spandy group so I would be contradicting myself to be part of that group. And I just read the journal post that guy made, he's mental. >.>



**Awards this way**
Spoiler:

Winner of the 2nd SpongeBob Jeopardy Game! June, 2011
The I has a Facebook award.

YouTube DeviantArt
avatar
Jelly
Cashiers
Cashiers

Browser : Chrome
Posts : 4680
Doubloons : 30636
Join date : 2009-10-12
Age : 28
Location : Where rockinghorse people eat marshmallow pies

View user profile http://spongefifi.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Re: ''All Spandy Fans Are Homophobes''

Post by Deli on 1/10/2011, 1:32 am

JellyFishJammer wrote:
Deli wrote:
JellyFishJammer wrote:hm, ok, here's a topic I relate to quite a lot. I'm straight, but I don't ship that many hetero couples, you see. I know its weird, but I'm a sucker for slash, and not every kind of slash, just mainly SpongeBob and..(I know this one may be VERY weird for most) but Beatles slash is one of my favorite...pastimes *u* Now, I can't really tell you WHY I'm too fond of taking the men I admire the most and think they're gay for each other O_o. But it did start when I started to have an "internet life" and found out that there are people that like pretty much any thing you can think of.
I completely agree with you when you say that slash fanart and fanfics tend to be too sexual. That's why I try not to make my slash drawings too sexual because I do not draw porn to begin with, but from the many slash fanfics I've read, I can tell you that the "lime" makes its appearance in many of the ones I like =/
But, not to go that much off-topic, those kids are crazy calling people homophobes for liking a het couple. WTF. I acknowledge I am the founder of the first SpongeBob Slash group in DA, but we never bash on Spandy or any other het pairings. They wanted to affiliate with my group but I didn't accept it, since I do like Spandy, so @_@

Yeah, I encountered a lot of extremely weird shippings when I started to get an internet life, but I grew to love them somehow. But I didn't know you founded the first SpongeBob slash group, I knew you were a founder, but I didn't know you were the main founder. And that's really cool that your group isn't apposed to het pairings. Smile

Yeah, now there's another SpongeBob Slash group (in which I'm a Contributor) founded by General-Kel that has become more popular than mine mainly because she has spent a lot of time inviting people, task that I have no time or dont feel the need to do. I've noticed that that group is more strict to slash, they affiliated with Anti-Spandy too, so that should tell you something.
I'm also co-founder of a Spandy group so I would be contradicting myself to be part of that group. And I just read the journal post that guy made, he's mental. >.>

Two old friends of mine (peaches2217 and crazylaura64, if you were wondering) just commented on their page. I admire their bravery, but they are in for a world of run-on sentence flaming.
avatar
Deli
Community Spotlight
Community Spotlight

Browser : Internet Explorer
Posts : 771
Doubloons : 18923
Join date : 2010-06-24
Age : 20
Location : Sarasaland

View user profile http://www.spongebobxsandy.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Re: ''All Spandy Fans Are Homophobes''

Post by Jelly on 1/10/2011, 1:38 am

[quote="Deli"][quote="JellyFishJammer"][quote="Deli"][quote="JellyFishJammer"]hm, ok, here's a topic I relate to quite a lot. I'm straight, but I don't ship that many hetero couples, you see. I know its weird, but I'm a sucker for slash, and not every kind of slash, just mainly SpongeBob and..(I know this one may be VERY weird for most) but Beatles slash is one of my favorite...pastimes *u* Now, I can't really tell you WHY I'm too fond of taking the men I admire the most and think they're gay for each other O_o. But it did start when I started to have an "internet life" and found out that there are people that like pretty much any thing you can think of.
I completely agree with you when you say that slash fanart and fanfics tend to be too sexual. That's why I try not to make my slash drawings too sexual because I do not draw porn to begin with, but from the many slash fanfics I've read, I can tell you that the "lime" makes its appearance in many of the ones I like =/
But, not to go that much off-topic, those kids are crazy calling people homophobes for liking a het couple. WTF. I acknowledge I am the founder of the first SpongeBob Slash group in DA, but we never bash on Spandy or any other het pairings. They wanted to affiliate with my group but I didn't accept it, since I do like Spandy, so @_@
[/quote]

Yeah, I encountered a lot of extremely weird shippings when I started to get an internet life, but I grew to love them somehow. But I didn't know you founded the first SpongeBob slash group, I knew you were a founder, but I didn't know you were the main founder. And that's really cool that your group isn't apposed to het pairings. Smile [/quote]

Yeah, now there's another SpongeBob Slash group (in which I'm a Contributor) founded by General-Kel that has become more popular than mine mainly because she has spent a lot of time inviting people, task that I have no time or dont feel the need to do. I've noticed that that group is more strict to slash, they affiliated with Anti-Spandy too, so that should tell you something.
I'm also co-founder of a Spandy group so I would be contradicting myself to be part of that group. And I just read the journal post that guy made, he's mental. >.>[/quote]

Two old friends of mine (peaches2217 and crazylaura64, if you were wondering) just commented on their page. I admire their bravery, but they are in for a world of run-on sentence flaming.[/quote]

I thought of commenting on his journal but I dont have the energy to put up with someone that is SO wrong, but good to see that some people are putting him in his place. (thankfully, he's not getting that many members either)



**Awards this way**
Spoiler:

Winner of the 2nd SpongeBob Jeopardy Game! June, 2011
The I has a Facebook award.

YouTube DeviantArt
avatar
Jelly
Cashiers
Cashiers

Browser : Chrome
Posts : 4680
Doubloons : 30636
Join date : 2009-10-12
Age : 28
Location : Where rockinghorse people eat marshmallow pies

View user profile http://spongefifi.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Re: ''All Spandy Fans Are Homophobes''

Post by SBSM314 on 1/26/2011, 10:05 pm

Um...hai..
I don't mean to intrude, but I'm a member of DA, and I know the creator of the anti-spandy group, she's a really nice person, she just hates homophobes.
The main reason she made it was that the SB slash group created by General-Kel was getting so many flames by people who thought it was sick, or they didn't understand why there would be SB slash.
It was getting out of hand, she and some other members got really ticked because a lot of people wouldn't keep their opinions to themselves.
Point reached; she made the group as revenge to those people.
She specifically said in a journal she posted that it was not against all Spandy fans, just the homophobes.
I do agree somewhat, she did go a bit too far, because she's offending more people than she intended to, but she didn't mean to.
I'm not telling you that you should like her, I'm just trying to convince you that she isn't bad, there's a lot of people hating on her. She said that she likes everyone, and respects their opinions as long as they aren't haters.
I personally do not like Spandy, but I didn't join the group, I don't like it either. It's just sending the wrong message, and I have a lot of friends that really like Spandy Sad
Once again, sorry for intruding, I'm just trying to defend her, I hope you understand a little. Sad






avatar
SBSM314
Customers
Customers

Browser : Internet Explorer
Posts : 13
Doubloons : 11997
Join date : 2011-01-24
Age : 20
Location : Florida

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ''All Spandy Fans Are Homophobes''

Post by Wumbology on 1/27/2011, 5:38 pm

Yeah, I actually read the article, and I think some misunderstanding occurred along the way.


As an administrator, I hop on bandwagons like these.
avatar
Wumbology
Managers
Managers

Browser : Internet Explorer
Posts : 9668
Doubloons : 34463
Join date : 2010-01-24
Age : 22
Location : not Gayada... not that there's anything wrong with that

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ''All Spandy Fans Are Homophobes''

Post by Deli on 1/27/2011, 8:50 pm

SBSM314 wrote:Um...hai..
I don't mean to intrude, but I'm a member of DA, and I know the creator of the anti-spandy group, she's a really nice person, she just hates homophobes.
The main reason she made it was that the SB slash group created by General-Kel was getting so many flames by people who thought it was sick, or they didn't understand why there would be SB slash.
It was getting out of hand, she and some other members got really ticked because a lot of people wouldn't keep their opinions to themselves.
Point reached; she made the group as revenge to those people.
She specifically said in a journal she posted that it was not against all Spandy fans, just the homophobes.
I do agree somewhat, she did go a bit too far, because she's offending more people than she intended to, but she didn't mean to.
I'm not telling you that you should like her, I'm just trying to convince you that she isn't bad, there's a lot of people hating on her. She said that she likes everyone, and respects their opinions as long as they aren't haters.
I personally do not like Spandy, but I didn't join the group, I don't like it either. It's just sending the wrong message, and I have a lot of friends that really like Spandy Sad
Once again, sorry for intruding, I'm just trying to defend her, I hope you understand a little. Sad







Wumbology wrote:Yeah, I actually read the article, and I think some misunderstanding occurred along the way.


I'm not saying that the artists/founders are bad people. It's just that ''insaneforinvaderzim'' or whatever was acting like a total douchebag to some friends who asked her about the group. That made me angry. Then she had this journal about the whole ''ANTI-SPANDEE!!!!1111!!'' situation that was totally annoying and whiny.
avatar
Deli
Community Spotlight
Community Spotlight

Browser : Internet Explorer
Posts : 771
Doubloons : 18923
Join date : 2010-06-24
Age : 20
Location : Sarasaland

View user profile http://www.spongebobxsandy.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Re: ''All Spandy Fans Are Homophobes''

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum