SBC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Translator
Our Affiliates
Click the image to enter our affiliate's sites!
SpongeHolly's Spongebobness.com Whatever Happened to Spongebob? Hollyturneraffiliate
Community Spotlight
Community Spotlight for August 2011 is...
Deli!
Whatever Happened to Spongebob? 106-51
Posts and Members
We've hit 500 members!
SBC News
What's New? Currently.... SBC has hit over 500 members! This is great news for us, and hopefully we'll be getting to 600 members soon. Also, a brand new contest is going on. The first 5 users to find a golden ticket hidden somewhere on the forum, will get early access to v7! Congratulations to SOF who was the first person to find the ticket. Remember - use your heads! There are only 3 spots left. See the "Lost Temple" announcement on the homepage for more. Speaking of contests, don't forget to participate in our other contest to put a funny, original caption on an image. The winner will receive 1000 doubloons. In the future... SBC will be moving to vBulletin on August 26th, 2011. This will also be the launch of v7. We had a good time on forumotion, but it is time for us to move. Stay tuned for more!
Richest Users
UPDATED 1.) that70sguy92 (Net Worth: 40817) 2.) Clappy (Net Worth: 25979) 3.) Wumbology (Net Worth: 23558) 4.) jjsthekid (Net Worth: 19850) 5.) Jelly (Net Worth: 19621) 6). tvguy347 (Net Worth: 19142) 7.) Steel Sponge (Net Worth: 14322) 8.) Metal Snake (Net Worth: 13624) 9.) SOF (Net Worth: 12247) 10.) teenj12 (Net Worth: 11163)
SpongeBob News
A brand new DVD named "SpongeBob's Runaway Roadtrip" will be released September 20th, 2011!
Latest topics
» Best Song Ever contest
Whatever Happened to Spongebob? Empty8/31/2019, 7:31 pm by Frank Costanza

» Very important reminder!
Whatever Happened to Spongebob? Empty8/19/2019, 10:40 pm by Patty Sponge

» my sbc fantasy
Whatever Happened to Spongebob? Empty8/19/2019, 10:35 pm by Patty Sponge

» hahahahahaha i'm posting in the krabby kronicle
Whatever Happened to Spongebob? Empty8/19/2019, 10:31 pm by Patty Sponge

» FORUMOTION LIVES
Whatever Happened to Spongebob? Empty8/19/2019, 9:15 pm by Frank Costanza

» Sean Kingston's Birthday
Whatever Happened to Spongebob? Empty8/19/2019, 9:08 pm by Frank Costanza

» Hey! I can still post here!
Whatever Happened to Spongebob? Empty7/1/2018, 8:52 pm by HawkbitAlpha

» The Lobby
Whatever Happened to Spongebob? Empty12/26/2017, 10:47 pm by SpongeBob’s #1 Fan

» Post Your iDevice's Home Screen
Whatever Happened to Spongebob? Empty12/26/2017, 8:14 pm by TheOpenWindowManiac

Whatever Happened to Spongebob?

+7
tvguy347
storytime7
NegiSpongie
Jelly
TarterSauce25
SpongeSebastian
Sheldon J. Plankton
11 posters

Go down

Whatever Happened to Spongebob? Empty Whatever Happened to Spongebob?

Post by Sheldon J. Plankton 12/25/2010, 2:00 am

Discuss one of the specials here. The theme song was different in this. "WhoBob WhatPants!" It made me giggle.

I almost felt bad for poor Spongebob throughout the whole episode, especially in the beginning.
Sheldon J. Plankton
Sheldon J. Plankton
Customers
Customers

Browser : Internet Explorer
Doubloons : 24918

Back to top Go down

Whatever Happened to Spongebob? Empty Re: Whatever Happened to Spongebob?

Post by SpongeSebastian 12/25/2010, 4:10 pm

I thought it was a pretty fair special. Had its funny and sad moments.
SpongeSebastian
SpongeSebastian
Cashiers
Cashiers

Browser : Firefox
Doubloons : 27057

http://www.tv.com/users/SpongeSebastian/profile.php

Back to top Go down

Post by TarterSauce25 12/25/2010, 4:45 pm

It wasn't bad, but it wasn't great either.
TarterSauce25
TarterSauce25
Customers
Customers

Doubloons : 25579

Back to top Go down

Post by Jelly 12/26/2010, 2:36 am

I remember liking this episode a lot when it premiered. Now I nearly dislike it. That close-up of SpongeBob nearly makes me gag each time. So unnecessary and disgunting, ewgh.
It was extremely rushed and they could have done a lot better with that plot, which was one of the most interesting plots in a while.
Nevertheless, I can't say it was BAD, but it could have been a lot better (plus Nick hyped the crap out of it)
I'd give it a 7.6/10
Jelly
Jelly
Cashiers
Cashiers

Browser : Chrome
Doubloons : 42826

http://spongefifi.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by NegiSpongie 1/16/2011, 1:26 pm

I don't think the episode is that bad, but no perfect. All I have to say is that the book "For the Love of Bubbles" that it's based on is better. There are a bunch of differences in it to the story, like how I never liked that all of SpongeBob's friends called him an idiot for all his accidents in the episode.
NegiSpongie
NegiSpongie
Customers
Customers

Doubloons : 25805

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1063319/SOLmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by storytime7 1/16/2011, 4:04 pm

It was okay. 7/10
storytime7
storytime7
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

Doubloons : 24788

Back to top Go down

Post by tvguy347 1/16/2011, 4:29 pm

I can't remember this...Silly Face! I mean I remember hearing about it and watching it, but I don't remember what happened or the jokes. I can't really give this a grade.
tvguy347
tvguy347
Cashiers
Cashiers

Browser : Safari
Doubloons : 42325

Back to top Go down

Post by that70sguy92 1/16/2011, 5:48 pm

tvguy347 wrote:I can't remember this...Silly Face! I mean I remember hearing about it and watching it, but I don't remember what happened or the jokes. I can't really give this a grade.
I don't quite remember it either. Gonna watch it on DVD today.
that70sguy92
that70sguy92
Managers
Managers

Doubloons : 63992

Back to top Go down

Post by Metal Snake 1/16/2011, 8:51 pm

I don't like it that much, but it's not unwatchable. It had its moments.

6/10.
Metal Snake
Metal Snake
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

Doubloons : 36775

Back to top Go down

Post by NegiSpongie 5/15/2011, 11:42 pm

I decided to move this here since we’re back on this site again and a lot of people probably didn’t see it there. So like I said, I thought I would post the notable differences between "Whatever Happened to SpongeBob" and the book "For the Love of Bubbles" (which the episode is based on). While the basic plot in the same, there are some major differences between what happens to the characters and the events around them. I've said a bunch of times that I've preferred the book version better, but for those who haven't read the book and only seen the episode, I've provided a list of major parts in both the episode and book that have the same event going but is handled differently.

WHTS: After SpongeBob unintentionally ruins his friends’ days and is called “idiot boy” by them out of anger; he decides to leave Bikini Bottom after feeling unwanted by everyone.
FTLOB: SpongeBob blows a bubble into the shape of a krabby patty and the wind blows it away before he could show it to Patrick, so he chases it all the way out of Bikini Bottom, hoping to bring it back.

WHTS: SpongeBob develops amnesia by stumbling off a cliff and hitting his head multiple times on the way down.
FTLOB: SpongeBob develops amnesia by getting his feet tangled in some kelp while chasing his krabby patty bubble, and bumping his head on a rock after he trips.

WHTS: SpongeBob gets his new name from a group of gypsies who are attempting to steal his clothes while he was trying to remember who he was.
FTLOB: SpongeBob gets his new name from an old man who noticed him crying in New Kelp City when he couldn’t remember who he was.

WHTS: SpongeBob’s new name is “CheeseHead BrownPants” derived from his cheese-like appearance and the color of his pants.
FTLOB: SpongeBob’s new name is “SpongeJoe BrownPants” derived from someone the old man used to know named “Joe” and the color of his pants.

WHTS: New Kelp City appears to be a rundown city due to the amount of crime.
FTLOB: New Kelp City is a bustling city resembling the real city where its name is based off of.

WHTS: SpongeBob gets fired from his various jobs due to using bubbles to assist him in his work.
FTLOB: SpongeBob gets fired from his various jobs due to shaping every item into the form of a krabby patty which is somehow familiar to him.

WHTS: Bikini Bottom goes into a panic over SpongeBob’s disappearance since he’s no longer there to make krabby patties. Mr. Krabs sends Patrick, Sandy, and Squidward (by bribing him with an ornamental egg) to go search for SpongeBob.
FTLOB: Mr. Krabs notices SpongeBob has not come into work and worries about his business, so Sandy and Patrick volunteer to go find him by searching in his favorite places and finding clues he had left behind when chasing after his krabby patty bubble.

WHTS: Bubble blowing is banned in New Kelp City due to a gang called the Bubble Poppin’ Boys threatening to rough up anyone who blows bubbles.
FTLOB: Blowing bubbles is outlawed in New Kelp City due to an embarrassing accident the mayor had when a bubble scared him.

WHTS: SpongeBob is awarded Mayor of New Kelp City for driving the Bubble Poppin’ Boys out of town which allows everyone to blow bubbles in peace.
FTLOB: SpongeBob decides to run for mayor after learning that bubble blowing had been outlawed, and wins the election with the promise to bring back bubble blowing.

WHTS: Due to not remembering Patrick and Sandy, SpongeBob refuses to go home with them and desires to attend to his duties as mayor which prompts them to kidnap him with Squidward’s aid to bring him back to Bikini Bottom.
FTLOB: SpongeBob willingly leaves with Patrick and Sandy with the desire to learn who he is and to get his memory back.

WHTS: Some time after SpongeBob’s departure, New Kelp City falls into chaos from the new bubble law and all the citizens blame SpongeBob for the trouble.
FTLOB: SpongeBob leaves a replacement mayor in his leave, and the citizens all hail SpongeBob as a hero for bringing bubble blowing back and promise to erect a statue in his honor.

WHTS: After failing to bring back any memories, SpongeBob tries to leave the Krusty Krab and return to New Kelp City to resume his mayoring duties. Afterwards, Squidward’s ornamental egg is accidently flung into the air and hits SpongeBob on the head, restoring his memories.
FTLOB: When trying to restore his memories, SpongeBob’s friends take him to the Krusty Krab to see if his job would bring anything back. There SpongeBob successfully makes a krabby patty, and after eating it, bite after bite, and remembering its deliciousness, his amnesia is cured.

And there you have it. Hope that helps and gives you a bit of information.
NegiSpongie
NegiSpongie
Customers
Customers

Doubloons : 25805

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1063319/SOLmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Clappy 5/15/2011, 11:45 pm

NegiSpongie's analysis did give me a lot of information. I appreciate it.

Still, this "special" wasn't really all that special. It wasn't bad, but it was pretty disappointing. So much potential.

6/10
Clappy
Clappy
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

Browser : Internet Explorer
Doubloons : 49076

Back to top Go down

Post by zim849 7/8/2011, 5:47 pm

TarterSauce25 wrote:It wasn't bad, but it wasn't great either.
I agree but it also had some great close up art in it. It wasn't one of those episodes that your like '' 'O' I love this episode'' I'm just saying i could do without it in the sieries Flush
zim849
zim849
Customers
Customers

Browser : Safari
Doubloons : 23551

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down