SBC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Translator
Our Affiliates
Click the image to enter our affiliate's sites!
SpongeHolly's Spongebobness.com What's the Reason Some People Don't Like Spongebob? Hollyturneraffiliate
Community Spotlight
Community Spotlight for August 2011 is...
Deli!
What's the Reason Some People Don't Like Spongebob? 106-51
Posts and Members
We've hit 500 members!
SBC News
What's New? Currently.... SBC has hit over 500 members! This is great news for us, and hopefully we'll be getting to 600 members soon. Also, a brand new contest is going on. The first 5 users to find a golden ticket hidden somewhere on the forum, will get early access to v7! Congratulations to SOF who was the first person to find the ticket. Remember - use your heads! There are only 3 spots left. See the "Lost Temple" announcement on the homepage for more. Speaking of contests, don't forget to participate in our other contest to put a funny, original caption on an image. The winner will receive 1000 doubloons. In the future... SBC will be moving to vBulletin on August 26th, 2011. This will also be the launch of v7. We had a good time on forumotion, but it is time for us to move. Stay tuned for more!
Richest Users
UPDATED 1.) that70sguy92 (Net Worth: 40817) 2.) Clappy (Net Worth: 25979) 3.) Wumbology (Net Worth: 23558) 4.) jjsthekid (Net Worth: 19850) 5.) Jelly (Net Worth: 19621) 6). tvguy347 (Net Worth: 19142) 7.) Steel Sponge (Net Worth: 14322) 8.) Metal Snake (Net Worth: 13624) 9.) SOF (Net Worth: 12247) 10.) teenj12 (Net Worth: 11163)
SpongeBob News
A brand new DVD named "SpongeBob's Runaway Roadtrip" will be released September 20th, 2011!
Latest topics
» Best Song Ever contest
What's the Reason Some People Don't Like Spongebob? Empty8/31/2019, 7:31 pm by Frank Costanza

» Very important reminder!
What's the Reason Some People Don't Like Spongebob? Empty8/19/2019, 10:40 pm by Patty Sponge

» my sbc fantasy
What's the Reason Some People Don't Like Spongebob? Empty8/19/2019, 10:35 pm by Patty Sponge

» hahahahahaha i'm posting in the krabby kronicle
What's the Reason Some People Don't Like Spongebob? Empty8/19/2019, 10:31 pm by Patty Sponge

» FORUMOTION LIVES
What's the Reason Some People Don't Like Spongebob? Empty8/19/2019, 9:15 pm by Frank Costanza

» Sean Kingston's Birthday
What's the Reason Some People Don't Like Spongebob? Empty8/19/2019, 9:08 pm by Frank Costanza

» Hey! I can still post here!
What's the Reason Some People Don't Like Spongebob? Empty7/1/2018, 8:52 pm by HawkbitAlpha

» The Lobby
What's the Reason Some People Don't Like Spongebob? Empty12/26/2017, 10:47 pm by SpongeBob’s #1 Fan

» Post Your iDevice's Home Screen
What's the Reason Some People Don't Like Spongebob? Empty12/26/2017, 8:14 pm by TheOpenWindowManiac

What's the Reason Some People Don't Like Spongebob?

+12
Metal Snake
ExKizuna
Elastic Dog
spongebobiscool
Doogle.
Notshane
Wumbology
Fa
SOF
Steel Sponge
storytime7
The Cartoon
16 posters

Go down

What's the Reason Some People Don't Like Spongebob? Empty What's the Reason Some People Don't Like Spongebob?

Post by The Cartoon 11/11/2010, 7:52 pm

Just wondering everyone's thoughts on this. See yesterday, my brother and I were watching Spongebob. He generally tells me that he hates it, but he laughed a ton through the episode. It was "April Fools." He got annoyed when Patrick showed up and told me later that if it weren't for Patrick he'd love the show. He thinks that it takes all cleverness out of the show. (He's younger than me for the record) That sounded crazy to me because it's Patrick. But maybe some people just don't get him. Idk really. But what do you think are some reasons that people don't like the show?
The Cartoon
The Cartoon
Customers
Customers

Browser : Internet Explorer
Doubloons : 26460

http://z6.invisionfree.com/Dramatic_Static/index.php?act=idx

Back to top Go down

What's the Reason Some People Don't Like Spongebob? Empty Re: What's the Reason Some People Don't Like Spongebob?

Post by storytime7 11/11/2010, 7:55 pm

Some people (nostalgics) don't like Spongebob because they are so obsessed with Nickelodeon shows in the 90's that they feel that Spongebob got all the other classics cancelled just because it is still on Nickelodeon. Others don't like Spongebob because of the newer episodes (nostalgics are really annoying when they hate on Spongebob because of the newer episodes, but praise Rugrats because of the older episodes. I like both shows, but if you're gonna hate on one because of the newer episodes then hate on both of the two shows). Some people don't like Spongebob because of all the hype some people gave Spongebob around the time the movie was made (back in 2004). Others just might not get the humor in Spongebob, or they don't think its that funny.
storytime7
storytime7
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

Browser : Chrome
Doubloons : 24678

Back to top Go down

What's the Reason Some People Don't Like Spongebob? Empty Re: What's the Reason Some People Don't Like Spongebob?

Post by Steel Sponge 11/11/2010, 8:09 pm

God darn nostalgics IMO.
Steel Sponge
Steel Sponge
Fry Cooks
Fry Cooks

Doubloons : 37394

Back to top Go down

Post by SOF 11/11/2010, 10:07 pm

Steel Sponge wrote:God darn nostalgics IMO.
I agree on this
SOF
SOF
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

Browser : Firefox
Doubloons : 35298

Back to top Go down

Post by Fa 11/11/2010, 10:11 pm

Damn Nostalgics!
Fa
Fa
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

Doubloons : 25010

Back to top Go down

Post by Wumbology 11/12/2010, 8:09 am

Guys, not everyone who hates SpongeBob is a "nostalgic". :/

Like The Cartoon said, there may be some people out there who just don't find it funny.
Wumbology
Wumbology
Managers
Managers

Doubloons : 46543
Location : not Gayada... not that there's anything wrong with that

Back to top Go down

Post by Notshane 11/12/2010, 4:54 pm

Spongebobs new smile is pretty dumb Spongebob is actually taking the cleverness out of the show come to think of it Patrick is slightly smarter than Spongebob nowadays Spongebob used to Educate patrick and Annoy squidward rarely but now he copies Patrick and has a retarded expression on his face ignoring everything that squidward says i stopped liking Spongebob after Fear of a Krabby Patty aired that episode was when we all knew Spongebob was taking a turn down for the worst Spongebob might have gotten Catdog canceled today's episodes are really dumb just look at "Mystery With A Twistery" for instance the title is terrible the comedy was bland but i suppose to a 5 year old hes laughing his balls off but for Spongebob i say its last good episode was "Pranks Alot" anything later i wouldn't laugh at i still watch it every now and then though i don't like it but i watch it anyway just to see how worse its getting come to think of it, it was a good thing that Ren & Stimpy ended that show would have gotten ruined like Spongebob if it continued so thank goodness to that but i still miss it Sad
Notshane
Notshane
Customers
Customers

Doubloons : 24475

Back to top Go down

Post by Wumbology 11/12/2010, 5:18 pm

^This little baby may be of some use to you:

Wumbology
Wumbology
Managers
Managers

Back to top Go down

Post by Fa 11/12/2010, 5:21 pm

Notshane wrote:Spongebobs new smile is pretty dumb Spongebob is actually taking the cleverness out of the show come to think of it Patrick is slightly smarter than Spongebob nowadays Spongebob used to Educate patrick and Annoy squidward rarely but now he copies Patrick and has a retarded expression on his face ignoring everything that squidward says i stopped liking Spongebob after Fear of a Krabby Patty aired that episode was when we all knew Spongebob was taking a turn down for the worst Spongebob might have gotten Catdog canceled today's episodes are really dumb just look at "Mystery With A Twistery" for instance the title is terrible the comedy was bland but i suppose to a 5 year old hes laughing his balls off but for Spongebob i say its last good episode was "Pranks Alot" anything later i wouldn't laugh at i still watch it every now and then though i don't like it but i watch it anyway just to see how worse its getting come to think of it, it was a good thing that Ren & Stimpy ended that show would have gotten ruined like Spongebob if it continued so thank goodness to that but i still miss it Sad

The fragmented sentences! It fucking burns my eyes!
Fa
Fa
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

Doubloons : 25010

Back to top Go down

Post by Doogle. 11/12/2010, 7:04 pm

People with no soul dislike SpongeBob.
Doogle.
Doogle.
Customers
Customers

Doubloons : 27141

http://twitter.com/PaperDoogle

Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Sponge 11/12/2010, 8:05 pm

Notshane wrote:Spongebob's new smile is pretty dumb; Spongebob is actually taking the cleverness out of the show. Come to think of it, Patrick is slightly smarter than Spongebob nowadays; Spongebob used to educate patrick and annoy squidward rarely, but now he copies Patrick and has a retarded expression on his face, ignoring everything that Squidward says. I stopped liking Spongebob after Fear of a Krabby Patty aired. That episode was when we all knew Spongebob was taking a turn down for the worst; Spongebob might have gotten Catdog canceled, today's episodes are really dumb. Just look at "Mystery With A Twistery" for instance, the title is terrible and the comedy was bland, but I suppose to a 5 year old, he's laughing his balls off, but for Spongebob, I say its last good episode was "Pranks Alot." Anything later, I wouldn't laugh at it; still watch it every now and then though. I don't like it, but I watch it anyways, just to see how worse it's getting. Come to think of it, it was a good thing that Ren & Stimpy ended, that show would have gotten ruined like Spongebob if it continued. So thank goodness to that, but I still miss it Sad

Fixed. Silly Face!
Steel Sponge
Steel Sponge
Fry Cooks
Fry Cooks

Doubloons : 37394

Back to top Go down

Post by spongebobiscool 11/12/2010, 8:24 pm

Notshane wrote:Spongebobs new smile is pretty dumb Spongebob is actually taking the cleverness out of the show come to think of it Patrick is slightly smarter than Spongebob nowadays Spongebob used to Educate patrick and Annoy squidward rarely but now he copies Patrick and has a retarded expression on his face ignoring everything that squidward says i stopped liking Spongebob after Fear of a Krabby Patty aired that episode was when we all knew Spongebob was taking a turn down for the worst Spongebob might have gotten Catdog canceled today's episodes are really dumb just look at "Mystery With A Twistery" for instance the title is terrible the comedy was bland but i suppose to a 5 year old hes laughing his balls off but for Spongebob i say its last good episode was "Pranks Alot" anything later i wouldn't laugh at i still watch it every now and then though i don't like it but i watch it anyway just to see how worse its getting come to think of it, it was a good thing that Ren & Stimpy ended that show would have gotten ruined like Spongebob if it continued so thank goodness to that but i still miss it Sad
there were some classic episodes after the movie like Krusty towers or Wishing u well and more , the rest i completly agree with u.....
spongebobiscool
spongebobiscool
Customers
Customers

Doubloons : 26127

Back to top Go down

Post by Elastic Dog 11/12/2010, 8:28 pm

lulz at Wishing You Well as "a classic."

Anyway, mostly people who don't get it.
Elastic Dog
Elastic Dog
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

Browser : Safari
Doubloons : 32959

Back to top Go down

Post by ExKizuna 11/12/2010, 9:05 pm

Doogle. wrote:People with no soul dislike SpongeBob.
I agree with this, because I probably don't have a soul, and meh, I don't really like SpongeBob all that much.
ExKizuna
ExKizuna
Managers
Managers

Doubloons : 28802

Back to top Go down

Post by Wumbology 11/12/2010, 9:20 pm

Steel Sponge wrote:
Notshane wrote:Spongebob's new smile is pretty dumb; Spongebob is actually taking the cleverness out of the show. Come to think of it, Patrick is slightly smarter than Spongebob nowadays; Spongebob used to educate Patrick and annoy Squidward rarely, but now he copies Patrick and has a retarded expression on his face, ignoring everything that Squidward says. I stopped liking Spongebob after Fear of a Krabby Patty aired. That episode was when we all knew Spongebob was taking a turn down for the worst. Spongebob might have gotten Catdog canceled, today's episodes are really dumb. Just look at "Mystery With A Twistery" for instance, the title is terrible and the comedy was bland, but I suppose to a 5 year old, he's laughing his balls off, but for Spongebob, I say its last good episode was "Pranks A Lot." Anything later, I wouldn't laugh at it; still watch it every now and then though. I don't like it, but I watch it anyways, just to see how worse it's getting. Come to think of it, it was a good thing that Ren & Stimpy ended, that show would have gotten ruined like Spongebob if it continued. So thank goodness to that, but I still miss it. Sad

Fixed. Silly Face!
Re-fixed.

And SpongeBob got Catdog canceled how?

ETA: Wishing You Well *was* a classic. >=(
Wumbology
Wumbology
Managers
Managers

Back to top Go down

Post by Metal Snake 11/12/2010, 11:08 pm

Facepalm This is the kind of post quality you get when you let your five-year-old sibling use your account.
Metal Snake
Metal Snake
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

Doubloons : 36665

Back to top Go down

Post by storytime7 11/12/2010, 11:42 pm

Wumbology wrote:
Steel Sponge wrote:
Notshane wrote:Spongebob's new smile is pretty dumb; Spongebob is actually taking the cleverness out of the show. Come to think of it, Patrick is slightly smarter than Spongebob nowadays; Spongebob used to educate Patrick and annoy Squidward rarely, but now he copies Patrick and has a retarded expression on his face, ignoring everything that Squidward says. I stopped liking Spongebob after Fear of a Krabby Patty aired. That episode was when we all knew Spongebob was taking a turn down for the worst. Spongebob might have gotten Catdog canceled, today's episodes are really dumb. Just look at "Mystery With A Twistery" for instance, the title is terrible and the comedy was bland, but I suppose to a 5 year old, he's laughing his balls off, but for Spongebob, I say its last good episode was "Pranks A Lot." Anything later, I wouldn't laugh at it; still watch it every now and then though. I don't like it, but I watch it anyways, just to see how worse it's getting. Come to think of it, it was a good thing that Ren & Stimpy ended, that show would have gotten ruined like Spongebob if it continued. So thank goodness to that, but I still miss it. Sad

Fixed. Silly Face!
Re-fixed.

And SpongeBob got Catdog canceled how?

ETA: Wishing You Well *was* a classic. >=(

1. Spongebob didn't get any other nicktoons cancelled

2. Wishing You Well is a definite classic.

I agree with Wumbo on this one.
storytime7
storytime7
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

Back to top Go down

Post by SpongeSebastian 11/13/2010, 12:47 am

Well, I think some of the hate used to come from certain Avatards and Danny Phantards from the '00s decade, who hated SpongeBob because he was taking up too much airspace on Nick. Then again, it's just opinions. We can't expect everyone to love SpongeBob as much as we do. Some of the things we hate, others love.
SpongeSebastian
SpongeSebastian
Cashiers
Cashiers

Doubloons : 26947

http://www.tv.com/users/SpongeSebastian/profile.php

Back to top Go down

Post by ImTheKinda1997 11/13/2010, 2:27 am

SpongeSebastian wrote:Well, I think some of the hate used to come from certain Avatards and Danny Phantards from the '00s decade, who hated SpongeBob because he was taking up too much airspace on Nick. Then again, it's just opinions. We can't expect everyone to love SpongeBob as much as we do. Some of the things we hate, others love.
I watched both of those shows Embarassed
But i never really thought it was shown too much until this year,then again they dont have anything else good.
But back on topic,most people are
A-nostalgics or
B-people who have only seen a few bad episodes and think it sucks completely Rolling Eyes but whatever Geek
ImTheKinda1997
ImTheKinda1997
Customers
Customers

Doubloons : 26846

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabre 11/13/2010, 7:47 am

What so you watched one episode (Which was actually pretty good) then you automatically say that Spongebob is dead now? scratcher
Sabre
Sabre
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

Doubloons : 28648

Back to top Go down

Post by storytime7 11/13/2010, 9:38 am

Sabrespongebob wrote:

What so you watched one episode (Which was actually pretty good) then you automatically say that Spongebob is dead now? scratcher

Facepalm Damn nostalgic. LEAVE SBC NOW!
storytime7
storytime7
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragiiin123 11/13/2010, 10:44 am

Ren and Stimpy was ruined in the 4rth season,. And your opinion is a large run on sentence. The English language. Use t.
Dragiiin123
Dragiiin123
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

Doubloons : 24301

Back to top Go down

Post by storytime7 11/13/2010, 10:50 am

Gentile Mordecai wrote:
Ren and Stimpy was ruined in the 4rth season,. And your opinion is a large run on sentence. The English language. Use t.

THIS. Ren and Stimpy deserved to be cancelled after what Nickelodeon did to it.
storytime7
storytime7
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

Back to top Go down

Post by Wumbology 11/13/2010, 11:42 am

Sabrespongebob wrote:

You can't automatically assume that the one episode he gave an example of is the only one he watched.
Wumbology
Wumbology
Managers
Managers

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabre 11/13/2010, 11:59 am

I know but he said "After Fear of a Krabby Patty will all know spongebob was taking a turn for the worse" meaning he watched it then judged the whole post classic era on it.
Sabre
Sabre
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

Doubloons : 28648

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragiiin123 11/13/2010, 12:00 pm

Shut up sabre
Dragiiin123
Dragiiin123
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

Doubloons : 24301

Back to top Go down

Post by storytime7 11/13/2010, 12:06 pm

Wumbology wrote:
Sabrespongebob wrote:

You can't automatically assume that the one episode he gave an example of is the only one he watched.

Well he did say that he stopped liking the show after that episode.
storytime7
storytime7
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

Back to top Go down

Post by Metal Snake 11/13/2010, 12:28 pm

storytime7 wrote:
Sabrespongebob wrote:

This. If you're going to troll and make inconsequential posts about Spongebob, then don't come here.

Last edited by Firion_525 on 11/13/2010, 12:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Metal Snake
Metal Snake
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

Back to top Go down

Post by Wumbology 11/13/2010, 12:30 pm

Firion_525 wrote:
storytime7 wrote:
Sabrespongebob wrote:

This. If you're going to troll and make inconsequential posts about Spongebob, then get out of of here.
Gee, if that was the case, wouldn't sbiscool be dragged out in chains by now?
Wumbology
Wumbology
Managers
Managers

Back to top Go down

Post by storytime7 11/13/2010, 12:32 pm

Wumbology wrote:
Firion_525 wrote:
storytime7 wrote:
Sabrespongebob wrote:

This. If you're going to troll and make inconsequential posts about Spongebob, then get out of of here.

@Firion I wasn't serious when I told him to leave.
storytime7
storytime7
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

Back to top Go down

Post by Metal Snake 11/13/2010, 12:38 pm

storytime7 wrote:
Wumbology wrote:
Firion_525 wrote:
storytime7 wrote:
Sabrespongebob wrote:

@Firion I wasn't serious when I told him to leave.

My apologies, I thought you were being serious.
Metal Snake
Metal Snake
Good Noodles
Good Noodles

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down